Descent Into The Dark Fortress is an ops? ***?

So I was doing the questline on Oricon only to find out the final mission is an ops? *** Bioware? whose bright idea was it to make the final mission a *********** ops? whats worse is that you cant que for that specific one as the ops you can que for are random.

Or you just premake a group of 2 tanks 2 healers and 4 dps and do it and the dread palace right after like many have. Or wait until the GF FP of the day is The Dread Fortress like many do.

So I was doing the questline on Oricon only to find out the final mission is an ops? *** Bioware? whose bright idea was it to make the final mission a *********** ops? whats worse is that you cant que for that specific one as the ops you can que for are random.

Did you honestly expect to confront the Dread Masters alone?

I was able to take on Revan (who is MUCH deadlier than them) alone...sort of.

You take Revan on at the forgotten terrace regardless of whether or not you chose the Temple of Sacrifice operation or Solo Galvanizing the forces.

gf fp?

If its the daily Operations just premake a group for 2 tanks/2 healers/4 DPS then group que all 8 in group finder, otherwise you all go to oricon and use the entrance there.

Well, two things: you can always wait for DF/DP being in GF to queue (which I reckon will hardly give a pop though) or ask for a group in Oricon or fleet or any channel like LFG or similar, so that is not really a problem and pugging DF/DP is quite easy meanwhile (was a lot harder upon release).

2nd thing is: the experienced feedback (like yours) of actually having multiplayer content woven into storyline is what made Bioware concentrate on story alone and as a result brought us KotFE. :( What's the problem with doing or requiring multiplayer content in an MMO?

On a sidenote: there is room for improvement for the questlog. If there was no ridiculous limit of 25 missions and some kind of hide/sort/collapse mechanis, you could keep a lot of missions for later without having issues (e.g. all those macrobinocular or seeker droid things).

Well, two things: you can always wait for DF/DP being in GF to queue (which I reckon will hardly give a pop though) or ask for a group in Oricon or fleet or any channel like LFG or similar, so that is not really a problem and pugging DF/DP is quite easy meanwhile (was a lot harder upon release).

2nd thing is: the experienced feedback (like yours) of actually having multiplayer content woven into storyline is what made Bioware concentrate on story alone and as a result brought us KotFE. :( What's the problem with doing or requiring multiplayer content in an MMO?

On a sidenote: there is room for improvement for the questlog. If there was no ridiculous limit of 25 missions and some kind of hide/sort/collapse mechanis, you could keep a lot of missions for later without having issues (e.g. all those macrobinocular or seeker droid things).

WEll the problem is that for story things this game didn't require group with the exception of Oricon.

Please note that I am missing new Operations too, but I won't hate story content for that. Oricon brought some story content(not bad IMO) and gave us the best operations we have here(IMO). I won't hate KotFE for that(I hate it for poor story, non logical things and the fact that it's written mainly for force users when half of the classes cannot use any force at all), I hate BW for not adding Operation with it. Every time they added new story content they added new operation(s). This time I was expecting the same ending as Shadow of Revan had - an operation to kill Arcann.

Edited by Deaconik
change of phrasing

Oricon is the conclusion to the Dread Master story arc. Which began on Belsavis as a solo Planet Story and was then told solely through all the operations we have up until DF/DP. So why shouldn't it end in an Operation?

Oricon is the conclusion to the Dread Master story arc. Which began on Belsavis as a solo Planet Story and was then told solely through all the operations we have up until DF/DP. So why shouldn't it end in an Operation?

Because Oricon story isn't multiplayer only. That's probably the only problem I have with that, otherwise I would have agreed :)

Because Oricon story isn't multiplayer only. That's probably the only problem I have with that, otherwise I would have agreed :)

So what your saying is that BW should have NOT given EVERYONE something by making Oricon a daily area with quest and mobs. Instead they should have made it like Manaan where there is an entrance to the 2 ops and thats it?

Im sorry but people who are argue this are basicly asking for content to be removed so they dont have to do stuff they dont want to. Had BW just made you walk into the instances and kill the dread masters it would have been much simplier and easier on them but they actually made a really good story and people are up in arms that they tied the multiplayer content INTO the story.... in an MMO..... isnt that the point of an MMO?

Edited by Nic__

So what your saying is that BW should have NOT given EVERYONE something by making Oricon a daily area with quest and mobs. Instead they should have made it like Manaan where there is an entrance to the 2 ops and thats it?

Im sorry but people who are argue this are basicly asking for content to be removed so they dont have to do stuff they dont want to. Had BW just made you walk into the instances and kill the dread masters it would have been much simplier and easier on them but they actually made a really good story and people are up in arms that they tied the multiplayer content INTO the story.... in an MMO..... isnt that the point of an MMO?

Though what would be nice if they added an update where you could do cross faction raid there.... seeing as you have both sides in the storyline teaming up. Now that would be a good improvement.

Bingo!

KP? Ops

EC? Ops

TFB? Ops

SV? Ops

I'd say half the DM storyline takes place in instance Operations

Though what would be nice if they added an update where you could do cross faction raid there.... seeing as you have both sides in the storyline teaming up. Now that would be a good improvement.

Both sides dont really team up though. It was more that both sides were short on people and so they rescued a few of the other sides foot soldiers to bolster their own ranks. I get that the enemy of my enemy is my friend but in this case it seemed more like they were just not actively working against each other instead of teaming up.

I think you completely missed my point.

What I am trying to say is - that Oricon should have been multiplayer instance only or, sigh, single player only with Operation optional(see Revan), as it's all the rest of "story" things(mainly planet story things). Right now it's mixed. Players are used to this game in the form, that if story starts as single player, it ends as single player. The planet(!!!) starts as single player(no party needed) and ends with 2 Operations, as such being a big exception.

The thing is that Dread Masters story is multiplayer only(as rightfully was pointed out), so it only makes sense to have Oricon as party required all the time. I don't want to remove content, why would I? How did you come to that? But the story for Dread Masters should be available only as group content to make it consistent.

Inconsistency simply isn't good. It's one of the top rules in programming, be consistent.

I think you completely missed my point.

What I am trying to say is - that Oricon should have been multiplayer instance only or, sigh, single player only with Operation optional(see Revan), as it's all the rest of "story" things(mainly planet story things). Right now it's mixed. Players are used to this game in the form, that if story starts as single player, it ends as single player. The planet(!!!) starts as single player(no party needed) and ends with 2 Operations, as such being a big exception.

The thing is that Dread Masters story is multiplayer only(as rightfully was pointed out), so it only makes sense to have Oricon as party required all the time. I don't want to remove content, why would I? How did you come to that? But the story for Dread Masters should be available only as group content to make it consistent.

Inconsistency simply isn't good. It's one of the top rules in programming, be consistent.

You still need to fight Revan at the Forgotten Terrace if you do the operation instead of the solo mode. Also originally i was for a solo operation, i started a thread for that here. But i changed my mind once i found the allies chat channel <_< makes grouping for the SM ops easier, especially when its the operation of the day in GF.

So suck it up, should still stay for the operations no solo content. Also Oricon wasn't required to move further along like SoR was to do Ziost <_< and you can still finish it up after KotFE unlike SoR which if you started KotFE without doing SoR cant do it after.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I have notice that currently the "Group Finder: Operation" only has four OPS, which is odd. Additionally, I don't under why the Operation Group Finder is a time-based roulette. It's already difficult to find a 8-member group, if my recollection serves me right, we used to be able to find 8-members for operations easily and specifically.

I wished there was an option to have 4 Players and 4 Companions. So all we need is 1 Tank with Healing companion, 1 healer with Tank Companion, 2 DPS with two healer companions.

I know this is an old thread, but I have notice that currently the "Group Finder: Operation" only has four OPS, which is odd. Additionally, I don't under why the Operation Group Finder is a time-based roulette. It's already difficult to find a 8-member group, if my recollection serves me right, we used to be able to find 8-members for operations easily and specifically.

Before 6.0 dropped, the operations group finder only had *one* operation, and I believe the three extras are all "monoboss" operations.

I wished there was an option to have 4 Players and 4 Companions. So all we need is 1 Tank with Healing companion, 1 healer with Tank Companion, 2 DPS with two healer companions.

I think that composition would be excessively light on DPS (you'd fail the DPS check *hard* as a result), and it would also work badly for certain operations where "pass the boss around between the tanks" mechanics are a thing.