Double Stacking Power Relic

Dengdinga

Thank you for fixing the absorb relic, but the power relics were able to be double stacked as well. I noticed there wasn't any mention of the power relics being fixed in the patch notes. Unless you guys fixed it and forgot to put it in the patch notes the power relics double stack as well. I would like some confirmation on whether they were fixed or not.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you post a link to the combat log?

I will tonight when I get back from work, I only played one wz then logged out for work. They definitely are stacking though I saw two power relic proc icons on my buff bar. When one procs you only see one, but when they both proc there are two icons appearing. See for yourself if you don't believe me.

I couldnt get my [Conqueror Relic of Serendipitous Assault] and [Partisan Relic of Serendipitous Assault] to proc at the same time. I timed both never in the 20 seconds did the buff show up or 2 at the same time. I was on my Jedi Shadow on a practice dummy in my ship. Not sure if that helps.

Confirmed in this video: http://www.twitch.tv/volantarism/b/470553093

[Obroan Relic of Serendipitous Assault] and [Conqueror Relic of Serendipitous Assault] stack proc still... *** devs i wanted to play arenas this week...

Conq does not stack with partisan serendipitous assault. I checked on my other guy. It is only Obroan and Conq that is still bugged for the power stacking and procing together.

Confirmed in this video: http://www.twitch.tv/volantarism/b/470553093

[Obroan Relic of Serendipitous Assault] and [Conqueror Relic of Serendipitous Assault] stack proc still... *** devs i wanted to play arenas this week...

Conq does not stack with partisan serendipitous assault. I checked on my other guy. It is only Obroan and Conq that is still bugged for the power stacking and procing together.

Thank you for confirming with physical evidence for the doubters to see. Just got off work and you saved me the time of having to prove it to people.

If you would have read the description on the Obroan Relic of Serendipitous Assault, then you would've noticed that there's no longer a stacking limitation on them:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/52422/obroan-relic-of--serendipitous-assault

Same goes for all other Obroan and Dread Forged proc relics.

To summarize it for you all: It's not a bug. It's intended!

If you would have read the description on the Obroan Relic of Serendipitous Assault, then you would've noticed that there's no longer a stacking limitation on them:

Wow good point.

It still doesn't make sense, if its working as intended there is no point to take any other relic over stacking the power relics. I wish BW would confirm whether it really is working as intended or if it's a bug.

• Dev Post

Hey there folks,

This is a bug that we're quite aware of, and we're working on a fix for Game Update 2.4.2, and to clarify any confusion, it is absolutely not intended for relics that have the same on-hit effect to stack.

We'll be adding this to the Known Issues with the next update.

:ph_cheers:

Edited by AmberGreen

Hey there folks,

This is a bug that we're quite aware of, and we're working on a fix for Game Update 2.4.2, and to clarify any confusion, it is absolutely not intended for relics that have the same on-hit effect to stack.

Than re-add the stacking limitation notice to Obroan and Dread Forged relics, please.

And thx for the clarification.

Edited by Sindariel

Than re-add the stacking limitation notice to Obroan and Dread Forged relics, please.

And thx for the clarification.

I agree. Since this notice is missing from the new relics, I assumed that the stacking of Dread Forged relics was intended. Please add the notice to the tooltip description for Dread Forged relics, like you already have it for Underworld relics.

Edited by Jerba

Hey there folks,

Feel free to take your time, no real harm done there. And fix the Trooper boots first.

A couple of questions-

1. Why isn't this on the known issues list? Everyone uses them (top tier raiding guilds and PVP players) so keeping it off the list does not ensure no one knows they stack. As a player this means that I have used my ranked comms and my relic token to get the wrong relics, and now after the fix I have to get new ones. This is frustrating.

2. PVP players do not want RNG relics, we want static. Its too hard to choose the relics as testing always seems to reveal issues, and arena fights are so short (or can be) that proc relics seem like a bad idea.

3. Can you change the tooltips? They are frequently wrong, misleading or just non sensible. This is an an area of the game that needs polishing.

Thanks

Hey there folks,

Hmm... Thank you for saving my commendations! :D

2. PVP players do not want RNG relics, we want static. Its too hard to choose the relics as testing always seems to reveal issues, and arena fights are so short (or can be) that proc relics seem like a bad idea.

^this

Edited by Glower

Here are two 20 second videos of this in effect

1st video is without the self-heal talent = looks like it is working as intended. 2 power surge buffs

• You can see my Power rating jump from 2500 then back to normal at 1300.

2nd video is WITH a self-heal talent = 3 power surge buffs instead of 2

• You can see my Power rating jump from 1300 to 2500 to 1900 before going back to my normal 1300 power.

Edited by paowee

Hey there folks,

Thank you Amber for letting us know.

Could you also give us any insight about bugs with some other relics?

For example:

• Obroan Relic of Focused Retribution procs every 20 seconds instead of 40 seconds mentioned in description (how about Dread Forged?)
  • Obroan Relic of Focused Retribution does not work in warzones at all
  • Description for Dread Forged Relic of the Shrouded Crusader says it gives bonus for 20 seconds, while previous tier relics worked for 30 seconds (e.g. Underworld Relic of the Shrouded Crusader).

Regards!

Edited by EvgenijM

this makes me really sad. bioware went through 3-5 relic fixes, that just made them worse than intended, until we got to the state we are in now, which works to the benefit of the players. i am most upset that players were calling this a bug, when it was working better than ever. are they going to make the warding relic now share a lockout with the defense and absorb proc? is the new crit proc relic going to be on a lockout with the proc power? their intentions are not really clear. with the way the relics are working at present, players get to make the choice between any relics, and get the full effect of their choices. if they break them (its not a fix) then we are going to ahve our choices limited, which is bad game design (imo).

I personally believe situation with relics after 2.4 is a disaster. Whatever role you play (tank, healer, dps) and whichever BiS combination of relics you get, whether they are PvP or PvE relics or a mix of both, they will NOT work as intended or specified in their description. To put it another way, whatever 2 relics you get, they either are not working now or will not work after some time later.