SIAP - beginning HMs

Hey - I've mainly done pvp since taking my guys to 50 but now that I've gotten to BM I'm interested in doing some HMs and eventually raiding. I was wondering if Champion or BM gear would be sufficient enough to DPS with (currently playing a shadow)? Or would I specifically need to go out and get the orange gear and buy all the mods for it? I'd rather not do this if possible due to being low on credits at the moment and I figured it would be replaced very quickly.. but will do it if the pvp gear isn't good enough for entry level stuff.

Thanks.

If you're low of funds do the end game daily quests on Belsavis and Ilum, that will net you some good money and even some gear and upgrades if you save the commendations. As for the BM gear, I see people raiding in it but as far as stat comparisons, to see whats better, you may find that info online someplace.

BM gear is fine for PvE HM's... start off with the easier ones like False Emperor, Taral V Maelstrom Prison and Esseles. Then go onto harder ones like Directive 7, Battle of Ilum and Kaon under Siege.

Champion/BM is more than fine for normal mode OPs, and can cut it in hard mode too. I'd suggest a normal run or two first to gear up a little, but you shouldn't have an issue.

Source: Started HM's in cent/champ and am now full Rakata.

BM gear is fine for PvE HM's... start off with the easier ones like False Emperor, Taral V Maelstrom Prison and Esseles. Then go onto harder ones like Directive 7, Battle of Ilum and Kaon under Siege.

I've heard Esseles is one of the harder (perhaps the hardest) HM, so not sure I would put that in the recommended beginner list. And at least from my experience, Kaon Under Siege is actually not too bad; the turret "boss" fight is a PITA, but if you get past that, the rest of the boss fights are, IMO, probably THE easiest of any HM boss fights in the game.

Though I will grant you, Kaon probably has the toughest trash mob fights between the bosses... in all honestly some of the trash mob pulls are harder than any of the boss fights, especially if you don't have multiple people in your group with 60 second CC abilities. Last time I did Kaon we didn't have a single wipe on any of the bosses, but had several wipes on trash pulls gone bad.

Edited by MithrilSoul