2 questions...

ZRated

1: Droid parts... Are they worth crafting?? From what I have read so far, 2V-R8 is completely worthless as a combat companion... I've read you can't give him weapons and he doesn't heal any better than your companion "doc". Also, I just rolled 24 comms and got a purple droid part.... Debating on saving this for the 1.2 patch (if it's worth it) or selling it.

2: I looked through the settings and could not find a way to turn the transparency off for the map. When I have the map up and moving, it is so faded out that I can barely tell where I'm at or where I'm going. Is there a setting for this I missed?? It's really worthless to have a map you can't see while moving.

1: Droid parts... Are they worth crafting?? From what I have read so far, 2V-R8 is completely worthless as a combat companion... I've read you can't give him weapons and he doesn't heal any better than your companion "doc". Also, I just rolled 24 comms and got a purple droid part.... Debating on saving this for the 1.2 patch (if it's worth it) or selling it.

2: I looked through the settings and could not find a way to turn the transparency off for the map. When I have the map up and moving, it is so faded out that I can barely tell where I'm at or where I'm going. Is there a setting for this I missed?? It's really worthless to have a map you can't see while moving.

If you have, and are using, a droid companion then yes they are worth it. And yes 2V-R8 is worthless. I'm confused though. You talk about Doc, but also 2V-R8, so what class are you because Doc is a JK companion, but 2V-R8 is the imp ship droid.

Yes there is a setting. It's under User Interface. There's a slider which allows you to change how much the map fades.

Hope this helps!

Ah.."Doc" is what I call the Quinn, Mako, Talos of the crew for Imperials. I will double check the settings again.

Can 2V-R8 with good gear heal better than say, Quinn with good gear or do they put out the same stats??

Ah.."Doc" is what I call the Quinn, Mako, Talos of the crew for Imperials. I will double check the settings again.

Can 2V-R8 with good gear heal better than say, Quinn with good gear or do they put out the same stats??

I see. I don't think he can heal better. He's really just there for crafting.

Since 2V-R8 and C2-N2 have no crafting bonuses, and you cannot raise affection for them, they are arguably the worst choice for any crafting. In theory, it is best to craft with your other companions and, if all 5 of them are out crafting and you have to do some missions, take the droid with you - a subpar healer is better than nothing. Not many people do this in practice though.

This will change in 1.2: it will be possible to raise their affection, and buy parts that give them craft bonuses. I despise the idea of making C2-N2 even more of a brownnose :D but if means I can have a companion with bonus for my main crafting skill, I guess I will have to.

Droid parts are also useful for the real companions that are also droids:

- T7-01 - Jedi Knight.

- M1-4X - Trooper.

- SCORPIO - Imperial Agent.

So there should be a bit of a market for crafted droid parts. If you are an IA, you will want to craft parts for your SCORPIO.

Edited by redfurry

1.2 will allow you to build affection with the ship droids... just what you want, more set-piece conversations with them!

As I play a healer of various types with most of my characters, the ship droid is a non-issue once I have unlocked the Knight/Warrior healing companion. But when you get all of your companions up to 10k affection and you notice a significant difference between their crew skill performance and the ship droid, you might want to gear him up as your basic healer while your real companions are off doing stuff.

DPS classes who don't get a healing companion until much later in the game (like Snipers) can use the Ship Droid instead of their mediocre ranged tank companion by having a Cybertech alt/buddy craft some green and blue droid parts. It makes some really tough elite fights so much easier.

Since 2V-R8 and C2-N2 have no crafting bonuses, and you cannot raise affection for them, they are arguably the worst choice for any crafting. In theory, it is best to craft with your other companions and, if all 5 of them are out crafting and you have to do some missions, take the droid with you - a subpar healer is better than nothing. Not many people do this in practice though.

Ding ding ding, a person who thinks! This is what I did leveling up. Saying the droid is solely for crafting is one of the dumbest things I read on these forums. Yes, the droid is worse than every other companion, but sometimes you don't need an awesome companion just to do normal quests. The droid is good enough. His heals only started being too weak once I reached level 50 and was already in Corellia.

Edited by Qonor