HK-55 Companion, Achievements and Shroud of Memory bonus chapter

Zedjej

I'm asking you to give us another last chance to get HK-55 as a full-fledged companion, bonus chapter Shroud of Memory and the opportunity to get achievements that are impossible to achieve right now. Everybody knows that HK-55 and bonus chapter were rewards for subscribers but there is plenty of players who would like to get this companion. Players who started playing SWTOR later or players who could not be a subscribers during the required period for this reward. I am personally interested only in getting my missing achievements so I can finally complete my KOTFE and Companions section in my legacy on 100%. There is really enough companions in the game for me right now but lots of players are longing for exploring the galaxy with HK-55 by their side.

I'm really sad about this. So, please, give us a chance to get HK-55, achievements and bonus chapter again. Just like you did with Nico Okarr (you made me really happy when you returned Nico back to the game). Or you can put HK-55 and other unlocks to the cartel market.

Thank you.

Edited by Zedjej

You should expect to see some push-back and hostility from your fellow players about this, and some push-back and hostility from you other fellow players against the first group.

And a final bit of snark about not showing any sign of bothering to search for previous references to this question. It has been discussed at length ever since the 2nd of August 2016.

I'll get some popcorn and a comfy chair and sit back to enjoy the show.

You should expect to see some push-back and hostility from your fellow players about this, and some push-back and hostility from you other fellow players against the first group.

And a final bit of snark about not showing any sign of bothering to search for previous references to this question. It has been discussed at length ever since the 2nd of August 2016.

I'll get some popcorn and a comfy chair and sit back to enjoy the show.

No kidding. I think I'm going to sit this one out. I miss Rat, though. He'd be all over this. :D

Search the forums for "HK-55" and you get....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=956563&highlight=HK-55

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=956400&highlight=HK-55

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=956550&highlight=HK-55

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=892578&highlight=HK-55

And Many More....

You can read all about it in these posts and will find that the answer you get from those, still applies here...

Edited by denavin

• 3 months later...
I'm asking you to give us another last chance to get HK-55 as a full-fledged companion, bonus chapter Shroud of Memory and the opportunity to get achievements that are impossible to achieve right now. Everybody knows that HK-55 and bonus chapter were rewards for subscribers but there is plenty of players who would like to get this companion. Players who started playing SWTOR later or players who could not be a subscribers during the required period for this reward. I am personally interested only in getting my missing achievements so I can finally complete my KOTFE and Companions section in my legacy on 100%. There is really enough companions in the game for me right now but lots of players are longing for exploring the galaxy with HK-55 by their side.

I'm really sad about this. So, please, give us a chance to get HK-55, achievements and bonus chapter again. Just like you did with Nico Okarr (you made me really happy when you returned Nico back to the game). Or you can put HK-55 and other unlocks to the cartel market.

Thank you.

+1

Personally, it is mainly the fact of being able to live myself this quest instead of the life through youtube etc, to recover Z0-0M which seems to be the best pet heal of the game, and ALSO erase once and for all this chapter gray of my tab. Since when is linking end of game, success and achievement to something that is possible ONLY to a period that will never happen again. A new player who discovered the game in 2017 can there something? someone who stopped his subscription for X reason (like the decadence of the game) can something? etc, etc

We are in 2019, and the 6.0 is approaching, it is more than time to give access to this bonus chapter... The simple fact of having access to it in 2016 in the required conditions was already a privilege and a reward, because there were many things, many new players who will never understand why having this chapter mentioned in gray without ever having access, etc ... In addition, there is already an object allowing access to it that was never actually implemented, so make it finally available in the cartel, or submit subscription periods each year to have access and leave the old and new players finalize the 5.0 and start the 6.0 on a completion of the preceding content would be rather normal, and that the players who had access in 2016 do not come to cry scandal, since 2016 you have had the time to enjoy 1000 times, and there having had access 3 years before everyone else is already a great reward, there will be more.

ITEM FOR ACCES BONUS CHAPTER : https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/itm/access-authorization-shroud-of-memory

Edited by okamikun

Search the forums for "HK-55" and you get....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=956563&highlight=HK-55

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=956400&highlight=HK-55

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=956550&highlight=HK-55

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=892578&highlight=HK-55

And Many More....

You can read all about it in these posts and will find that the answer you get from those, still applies here...

There are zero 'answers' in any of those links, no one posts to the suggestion box looking for the nay saying response from other players. If you have one where a dev says this will never happen and you may have a point.*

Also, the OP here linking his request to the upcoming arrival of 6.0 makes this a perfectly acceptable new topic.

*but also they've gone back on many other statements so it would make sense to keep asking even then so maybe you're just out of luck and people will always request things they want despite how many times you can link other people asking for the same things and its probably best for all of us to manage expectations with this in mind moving forward.

The whole point of that ~6.5 month promotion that gave various rewards, including Arma Rasa, returned HK-55 as a comp, and Shroud of Memory, that allowed you to play as HK-55 and get Z0-0M as a comp, was to entice subscriptions. There is no reason not to offer these rewards again in some manner that would further generate revenue for the game. My preference would be to place all of it, every item offered during that promotion, on the CM and allow anyone who missed it to purchase those items. Unfortunately, such a suggestion has been met with the wholly unrealistic expectation that Shroud of Memory should cost the equivalent of six months of subscription or six months of subscription granted CC's.

Unfortunately, such a suggestion has been met with the wholly unrealistic expectation...

I challenge the notion that we should spend any time contemplating unreasonable push back to reasonable suggestions. It is obvious that this content could and should be used to generate more revenue.

I challenge the notion that we should spend any time contemplating unreasonable push back to reasonable suggestions. It is obvious that this content could and should be used to generate more revenue.

I'm of the mind that every subscriber promotion should be put on the CM to allow those who missed it or simply want an alternative route to acquire the item that option. People can either go the be-subscribed-on-this-day route in order to get it for their entire account or wait 6-9 months (a reasonable time period to me) and buy it on the CM for a reasonable amount (the cost of CM comps is not a good price point, they are ridiculously overpriced), then pay the collection unlock fee to have it for their entire account. No repeats of promotions, just let people buy it, and if people absolutely have to have something to make them feel special then make the grant be a 0 point achievement so those who earn the award through the subscription route can link it. Going the achievement route would also clear up some of the glut of mail new characters receive by allowing the recipients to retrieve it from their legacy. Or have the achievement grant a token that unlocks the award in their collections for their account and they can retrieve it from their if they want it. But that seems like too reasonable a suggestion for some.

Requiring 7 months of continuous subscription in order to obtain the chapter would certainly generate more revenue.

How about this for a suggestion:

1) Give the chapter itself away for free. It's too short and has too little replay value anyway. That way for those that want to experience the story, it costs nothing.

2) Put HK-55 on the Cartel Market just like any other Cartel Market Companion.

3) Give Z0-0M away as a reward for purchasing a 3 month pre-paid subscription.

That way those that subscribed still have a benefit for having subscribed and those that want the "Chapter" are able to obtain it.

I'll second that... Please make the Shroud of memory bonus missions available!

You can make it available through any of the reasonable recommendations in this thread, but it should be made available to all subscribers. I also don't believe that anybody will be too upset if certain companion recruitment comes and goes into and out of the game. Whether you were a subscriber between certain dates are irrelevant.

While we are talking about this - Same as Darth Hexid, Master Ranos should make a comeback as well!!

Thank you in advance

Edited by Black_Swan

I'll second that... Please make the Shroud of memory bonus missions available!

You can make it available through any of the reasonable recommendations in this thread, but it should be made available to all subscribers. I also don't believe that anybody will be too upset if certain companion recruitment comes and goes into and out of the game. Whether you were a subscriber between certain dates are irrelevant.

While we are talking about this - Same as Darth Hexid, Master Ranos should make a comeback as well!!

Thank you in advance

Agreed. So far every companion has been made available again with the exception of Z0-0M from the HK bonus chapter, Dazh Ranos from the DvL event, and Paxton Rall who is still very recent. I imagine they'll get to those ones sooner or later. There's clearly a market ready and waiting to shell out big for 'em!

Agreed. So far every companion has been made available again with the exception of Z0-0M from the HK bonus chapter, Dazh Ranos from the DvL event, and Paxton Rall who is still very recent. I imagine they'll get to those ones sooner or later. There's clearly a market ready and waiting to shell out big for 'em!

Ranos wasn't a subscriber reward companion. She was (after extensive "voting" chose her over Hexid) the chosen reward for the second-highest tier of the Dark vs Light event that ran in 2016 in the run-up to the release of 5.0.

That was a *lot* of gameplay. I don't feel like constructing the list again, so I'll quote my previous compilation:

* Get a DvL character to level 25. (Heroic level)

* Get a DvL character to level 50 and do three story-mode flashpoints. (Legacy level)

* Complete the Shadow of Revan story on a DvL character. (Valiant level)

* Complete chapters I to IX of KotFE. (Valiant level)

* Complete the introductory stronghold mission from the holostatue on a DvL character. (Valiant level)

* Complete KotFE up to Chapter XVI on a DvL character. (Champion level)

* Complete five KotFE Alliance Alerts on a DvL character. (Champion level)

* Complete ALL tactical ("Veteran" these days) flashpoints except Black Talon and The Esseles on as many DvL characters as needed. (Champion level)

* Complete enough Warzones to get a DvL character to Valor 5. (Champion level) (Two Warzones was enough.)

* Get a Republic DvL character to level 65. (Eternal level)

* Get an Empire DvL character to level 65. (Eternal level)

* Complete round 5 of the Eternal Championship on a DvL character. (Eternal level)

Ranos wasn't a subscriber reward companion. She was (after extensive "voting" chose her over Hexid) the chosen reward for the second-highest tier of the Dark vs Light event that ran in 2016 in the run-up to the release of 5.0.

That was a *lot* of gameplay. I don't feel like constructing the list again, so I'll quote my previous compilation:

Yep, that's why I would certainly regard her as the most, or really the only, "prestigious" companion among the group. If they bring her back, I would expect her to be similarly gameplay-oriented, much like her counterpart, Darth Hexid's return into the game.

Though of course, not all of the gameplay listed can be attributed to Ranos exclusively. There were numerous other rewards made at other levels of the event before getting to her. Still, I'd say her value is beyond subscriber-based rewards. Maybe link her to a gameplay achievement, but further gated behind CC. Leaving her unobtainable would be such a waste.

How about this for a suggestion:

1) Give the chapter itself away for free. It's too short and has too little replay value anyway. That way for those that want to experience the story, it costs nothing.

2) Put HK-55 on the Cartel Market just like any other Cartel Market Companion.

3) Give Z0-0M away as a reward for purchasing a 3 month pre-paid subscription.

That way those that subscribed still have a benefit for having subscribed and those that want the "Chapter" are able to obtain it.

Hell no, months of paid subscription for it to be given for free?

Yep, that's why I would certainly regard her as the most, or really the only, "prestigious" companion among the group. If they bring her back, I would expect her to be similarly gameplay-oriented, much like her counterpart, Darth Hexid's return into the game.

Though of course, not all of the gameplay listed can be attributed to Ranos exclusively. There were numerous other rewards made at other levels of the event before getting to her. Still, I'd say her value is beyond subscriber-based rewards. Maybe link her to a gameplay achievement, but further gated behind CC. Leaving her unobtainable would be such a waste.

If they do bring back Ranos, I hope they also bring back all of the other old event rewards and legacy wide to boot. There are a lot of Chevin rewards that I only have on one or two characters that I would love to have account wide!

If they do bring back Ranos, I hope they also bring back all of the other old event rewards and legacy wide to boot. There are a lot of Chevin rewards that I only have on one or two characters that I would love to have account wide!

I thought they already did bring back all those rewards. I'm pretty sure they're all available at the Cartel Bazaar.

Edit: Just checked. Yep, all the event rewards are still there and they are indeed bound to legacy. Check the specialty vendor at the Cartel Bazaar. They cost the currency associated with the regular Bounty, Gree, and Rakghoul events. They aren't cheap though, so it would take quite a while to get everything if that's what you plan to do.

They might do the same with the DvL event rewards: Bring them back but gate them behind gameplay/event currency. There were some unique armor sets associated with that event, including one that gave an EXP boost if I recall. But I think what most players want is the companion, Ranos.

Edited by Drenovade

• 2 weeks later...

I think we are all on the same page here. I don't want characters that people grind content for (i.e. work for) given away. Yes that will rile people up and yes that is not the request. The issue is making a certain character available to subscribers over a certain period is purely financial... and can be fixed financially... either through the cartel market or making them available again to subscribers over a certain period again.

You want to reward people for subscribing and playing the game as it contributes to the general health of the game. Not everyone plays this game for raiding, so these little side missions/companions are important to them and it gives them an incentive to play through and grind content. It just makes sense to bring these guys back for another round or acquiring them!

• 1 month later...
The whole point of that ~6.5 month promotion that gave various rewards, including Arma Rasa, returned HK-55 as a comp, and Shroud of Memory, that allowed you to play as HK-55 and get Z0-0M as a comp, was to entice subscriptions. There is no reason not to offer these rewards again in some manner that would further generate revenue for the game. My preference would be to place all of it, every item offered during that promotion, on the CM and allow anyone who missed it to purchase those items. Unfortunately, such a suggestion has been met with the wholly unrealistic expectation that Shroud of Memory should cost the equivalent of six months of subscription or six months of subscription granted CC's.

I agree with everything said here. Please listen to your players and bring back HK-55 I wasn't subed and hubby didn't tell me about it and when you lose him in Fallen Empire I'm sure that made a lot of people that had him upset as well, and I agree the suggestion that you make it worth 6 months of subscribed Cartel coins is ridiculous and outrageous. Give a quest line or something maybe with a purchase or something. And remember we don't all have the rl cash to buy that much CC's let alone wait that long and pass up other items along the way. Pleeeease bring him back :-)

I agree with everything said here. Please listen to your players and bring back HK-55 I wasn't subed and hubby didn't tell me about it and when you lose him in Fallen Empire I'm sure that made a lot of people that had him upset as well, and I agree the suggestion that you make it worth 6 months of subscribed Cartel coins is ridiculous and outrageous. Give a quest line or something maybe with a purchase or something. And remember we don't all have the rl cash to buy that much CC's let alone wait that long and pass up other items along the way. Pleeeease bring him back :-)

You haven't understood the discussion, in part because there are many comments by people (on both sides) who didn't understand the situation either. You're quite right: charging six months' worth of subscription for a new access to HK-55 *would* be outrageous.

Why? Well, because to get HK back, all you needed was to have an active paid-for subscription on 11 January 2016. The six-and-a-half month thing was to get access to the Shroud of Memory mission where you play as HK, and where you get access to Z0-0M as a result.