Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Player Warning: Class DPS is severely gimped right now.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
New Player Warning: Class DPS is severely gimped right now.

DocGamer
03.24.2017 , 08:09 AM | #1
This is a warning to new players that would make the mistake of rolling this class as DPS with the expectation of playing end game content.

You will find when you get there that you do about 15% less damage than most other classes, and will be targeted/focused in most PVP activity first.

You will be asked if you are TROLLING just by showing up in a ranked match, so be ready for that.

As for PVE, you will often be skipped over when trying to get into a PUG operations group, because hey...why take in someone that does 15% less damage?

This is just a friendly warning to the new players...go make a FOTM class and enjoy the game, rather than suffer the heartburn from this massively NERFED class.
Harbinger:
Candycat, Moistmuffin, Chocolatemuffin, Banamuffin, Cherrymuffin,
Mileycyrus, Baconyummy, Cinnabuns, Magicmuffin, Snowcone, Lazerlips

verfallen
03.24.2017 , 09:39 AM | #2
FOTM is FOTM. Next balance patch might turn everything over, or not.

Tbh, I very much doubt a new player has needs for the extra "ommph" another class bring to be competitive in harder HMs and NiM raid, so if they want to play a sorc, its still a very fun class to play, very strong in solo pve and somewhat forgiving there. Its also decently paced for leveling, you do not feel like you are totally useless until lvl 50ish (or 59 for PTs).

Its also still very good at regs wz, if you know how to play it correctly.

While there are very valid reasons to ask for buffs right now, having new player run away scared of the class isn't really going to help tjhe case. Its still very fun to play.

DocGamer
03.26.2017 , 04:59 PM | #3
[QUOTE=verfallen;9266839]FOTM is FOTM. Next balance patch might turn everything over, or not.

Tbh, I very much doubt a new player has needs for the extra "ommph" another class bring to be competitive in harder HMs and NiM raid *snip

Ok you failed to read the 1st sentence of my post, so I will post it again and underline it.

This is a warning to new players that would make the mistake of rolling this class as DPS with the expectation of playing end game content.

Also your basically saying: yeah sure the class sucks...but you can still do a few things and that's ok.

I'm here to warn new DPS SAGES/SORCS that it's going to be a MAJOR uphill battle until there are changes to the class.

Don't sit here and try to rationalize that this class is still viable for serious endgame or ranked pvp cause you are just making yourself look silly.

Here is a link to the top 50 on Harbinger server on parsly:
http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard/all/all/1500000/the-harbinger/live/0/
You will see that there are 0 sorcs on that list. In fact to find a sorc you would have to dig down to around 500 parses before even finding one.

Be careful that you do research before trying to "FANBOY" this class as viable.
Harbinger:
Candycat, Moistmuffin, Chocolatemuffin, Banamuffin, Cherrymuffin,
Mileycyrus, Baconyummy, Cinnabuns, Magicmuffin, Snowcone, Lazerlips

verfallen
03.26.2017 , 07:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DocGamer View Post
[FOTM is FOTM. Next balance patch might turn everything over, or not.

Tbh, I very much doubt a new player has needs for the extra "ommph" another class bring to be competitive in harder HMs and NiM raid *snip

Ok you failed to read the 1st sentence of my post, so I will post it again and underline it.

Also your basically saying: yeah sure the class sucks...but you can still do a few things and that's ok.

I'm here to warn new DPS SAGES/SORCS that it's going to be a MAJOR uphill battle until there are changes to the class.

Don't sit here and try to rationalize that this class is still viable for serious endgame or ranked pvp cause you are just making yourself look silly.

Here is a link to the top 50 on Harbinger server on parsly:
http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard/all/all/1500000/the-harbinger/live/0/
You will see that there are 0 sorcs on that list. In fact to find a sorc you would have to dig down to around 500 parses before even finding one.

Be careful that you do research before trying to "FANBOY" this class as viable.
My post said exactly that, for NiM raids and Ranked pvp its not in a good place. For COMPETITIVE endgame, its not in a good place. Not for ALL endgame.

The vast majority of players have no raid teams and don't do anything "harder" than HM KP (or maybe I should say SM ToS/Rav since I think they are harder).

It has the dps, altough it requires better gear than other class to reach it, to clear most HM fights right now, including HM styrak.

I agreed it needed buffs, I simply disagreed on your view and way of crying on the forum and just going drama queen about it.

Lets be real, no new player will do NiM raid or HM revan. No new player will even do HM SnV or HM EC for a damn while.

The new player you are adressing this post to, even if he goes on a darn merc, and get into a regular warzone, if he meets me on my sorc, I'll 100% sure hand him his arse on a plate. 100%. I don't even have a doubt about it.

And experienced players? They already know where sorc is, and why its there. They are sad that they are using their sorc as a casual alt for reg wz and less hard content, but can still have fun with it.

So, conclusion? Your post is just a bunch of whining and crying that isnt useful to anyone, and at worse will drive new players to become FOTM rollers like the vast majority of merc and snipers I see in WZ.

You can choose to be constructive, like I attempt to be in my posts pointing out HOW, realistically you can fix sorc without creating the "new merc". Or you can be like that guy I now have on ignore list and post all over the forums on whatever thread he can find saying "buff sorc in 5.2 or me and my friends leave the game!"

But if you are unable to SEE sorc current state correctly, the good, the bad, and why its underperforming, YOU are the fanboy that wants OP FOTM, and not true balance, not I.

I actually play my sorc in ranked, I actually bring it in some HM raids. The point of view I'm giving here isnt out of nowhere. I'm also not using MERC as a benchmark for how I'm supposed to be performing.

Oh and btw, dummy parsing isnt everything, and we're actually using the 2.5M dummy for benchmark in 5.0 due to the dps level currently reached and the ammount of time a parse must last to start being representative not 1.5M.

Nelsitokiller
03.27.2017 , 03:43 PM | #5
Both specs are very very bad, im top on parsely for 1.5 and 3rd on 2.5, but that doesnt matter on ops cuz even when im having a perfect fight, our mara on our prog can do almost 1k more, and im a better player than him but his spec is way better than mine, i just rerolled to Operative the other day
Zabrakin-Sorcerer

"Thundering Potato"

BraverDre
03.29.2017 , 11:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nelsitokiller View Post
Both specs are very very bad, im top on parsely for 1.5 and 3rd on 2.5, but that doesnt matter on ops cuz even when im having a perfect fight, our mara on our prog can do almost 1k more, and im a better player than him but his spec is way better than mine, i just rerolled to Operative the other day
We should stop supporting the game since they dont want to listen to people that play the game

Terrimando
03.30.2017 , 03:59 PM | #7
so sorc/sage is stuck with this gimp dps for an undetermined amount of time. they aren't doing any class balance in 5.2 and have no plans to do so.

it's sad. I love the animations of sorc and the class lore - but I dont want to waste my time on a crap class.

I hate that guns > the force...what kind of starwars game is this?????

BraverDre
03.30.2017 , 07:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrimando View Post
so sorc/sage is stuck with this gimp dps for an undetermined amount of time. they aren't doing any class balance in 5.2 and have no plans to do so.

it's sad. I love the animations of sorc and the class lore - but I dont want to waste my time on a crap class.

exactly

BigFleshy
03.30.2017 , 08:21 PM | #9
So....you was so bad in pvp that you got asked if you was trolling and thats why you posted this i presume?

Yezzan
03.31.2017 , 02:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrimando View Post
10/10 for this.