Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Corruption Sorcerer/Seer Sage Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Corruption Sorcerer/Seer Sage Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dhurwin
07.19.2015 , 11:49 AM | #21
Since surge is a lower priority for our class, I'd like to see a change to the 2-set. Make that the Reduce CD on Innervate/Healing Trance by 1.5 (it was the old 2-set dunno why it isn't now). Remove the current 2-set and make the new 6-set a little more beneficial for our class in particular. You could potentially give all three healing classes something that's more specific and vital to their role as a healer rather than just a general "lol here's an auto crit". For sorcs/sages, the 6-set could be something like a 15% increase to Static Barrier/Force Armor.

Another idea for a new 6-Piece could be "Increases the crit chance of Innervate/Healing Trance by 10%. Or "Casting Innervate/Healing Trance has a 25% chance to make your next Revivification/Salvation activate instantly without consuming charges of Force Surge/Resplendence once every 24 seconds". Perhaps instead of the autocrit on Dark Infusion/Deliverance it could be "Causes your next Resurgence/Rejuvenate to grant two charges of Force Bending/Conveyance", or "Causes your next Force Bending/Conveyance to be twice as effective". Also you could tack onto the 2-Piece "Reduces the cooldown of Resurgence/Rejuvenate by 1 second". Not exactly sure if this would be viable to be worked in as a set bonus, but it would be nice if Revivification/Salvation could consume a charge of Recklessness/Force Potency.

Obviously the numbers are completely arbitrary, and you're just looking for ideas for set bonuses anyway. So to reiterate:

2-Piece: Reduces cooldown of Innervate or Healing Trance by 1.5 seconds and Resurgence or Rejuvenate by 1 second.
4-Piece: Consuming Darkness or Vindicate restore an additional 10 Force.
6-Piece: Increases the amount absorbed by your Static Barrier or Force Armor by X% (Where X would be a number of your choosing). OR: Increases the critical chance of Innervate or Healing Trance by X%. OR: Innervate or Healing Trance now has a X% chance to make your next Revivification or Salvation activate instance and without consuming charges of Force Surge or Resplendence once every X seconds. OR: Activating a healing ability has a X% chance to grant Force-Mystic's Critical Bonus which causes your next Resurgence or Rejuvenate to grant two charges of Force Bending or Conveyance. This effect can only occur once every X seconds.

(For S's and G's)

7-Piece: Your Static Barrier or Force Armor now state its exact amount on its tooltip. Also, your cleanse now prioritizes CC and stun effects.

But seriously, c'mon now guys. "A high amount" was cute at first, but now it's time to let us in on your definition of the word "high" because "high" is an incredibly subjective word. And I think we healers have gone long enough in PvP without a useful cleanse. Outside of the very rare occurrences when someone is CC'd/stunned and they miraculously don't have 3 rows of debuffs that usually take 1 gcd to reapply and are apart of the applier's rotation anyway, there's just no reason to even have the cleanse on the bar. You gave us the ability to cleanse hard stuns and then said "lol it's ok they won't be able to cleanse through the 8 new debuffs we're putting in the game anyway". Again, c'mon guys.

xAZUREx
07.20.2015 , 07:04 AM | #22
2: Alacrity X%
4: Willpower X%
6: Critical X%

Like the old skill trees could let you do.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
<A New Hope> <Sith Crusaders>
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH

NeilMckt
07.20.2015 , 02:16 PM | #23
I would very much like to see the initial set piece being an improvement in the potency of Salvation

MarcoAnt
07.25.2015 , 03:39 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambramotte View Post
This has always confused me :/ If the burst healing isn't needed, then isn't this approach will likely screw up the effectiveness of either you and/or your co-healer?
No, the opposite is true. Since that without conveyance it will only activates on damage, it may heal a target when it's not needed anymore, seconds after you casted it (which is much more unlikely if it burst out with conveyance up).

After one/two jumps you can't track it anymore. Either you or your co-healer may have already healed the target it jumped to. Or activate by the time you are your co-healer are casting on the same target. Basically, without conveyance, its an heal that is out there healing who knows who. Note that it selects the next target at the moment it jumps, based on his HP but the HP of the target may not be that one at all by the time it activates when that target finally gets damage again.

The only time that it really makes sense to cast it without conveyance is as a preemptive heal that you cast (for example) in transition phases, before raid wide damage comes in, on top of force armor and/or salvation if at that moment the raid is toped out or close to it.

Hantartis Darklight The Red Eclipse

Sage, Scoundrel and Commando healer by this order of love and care.

5/5 DF & DP NiM Timed Run 5/5 Rav HM & ToS HM

KeyboardNinja
07.28.2015 , 03:40 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MarcoAnt View Post
No, the opposite is true. Since that without conveyance it will only activates on damage, it may heal a target when it's not needed anymore, seconds after you casted it (which is much more unlikely if it burst out with conveyance up).

After one/two jumps you can't track it anymore. Either you or your co-healer may have already healed the target it jumped to. Or activate by the time you are your co-healer are casting on the same target. Basically, without conveyance, its an heal that is out there healing who knows who. Note that it selects the next target at the moment it jumps, based on his HP but the HP of the target may not be that one at all by the time it activates when that target finally gets damage again.

The only time that it really makes sense to cast it without conveyance is as a preemptive heal that you cast (for example) in transition phases, before raid wide damage comes in, on top of force armor and/or salvation if at that moment the raid is toped out or close to it.
I think it makes some sense to cast without Conveyance if you're in a "whole raid taking unavoidable frequent ticks for the foreseeable future" phase. Think: burn phase on The Dread Masters. Monolith comes pretty close to this during the flower, and Revan does during both of the floor transitions. That's pretty situational though, and generally I think it's probably better to stick with the Conveyance proc for Wandering Mend whenever you can.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

MarcoAnt
08.02.2015 , 12:10 PM | #26
That's the kind of situation I had in mind in my last paragraph, the transition phase was mentioned as an example that I think that transmits easily the reasoning behind it: at the moment everyone is safe (you don't need imediate heals that much) but you expect raid wide heavy damage coming soon after, then wandering mend without conveyance it's a good option (actually using conveyance in such situations may be completely unadvisable).

But I would say that this tends to be the exception and not the rule, on most fight situations I highly prefer to use it with conveyance up so it promptly does its job and me and my co-healer can act accordingly. The idea of having an heal out there healing who knows who who knows when tends on most cases to be unappealing / innefective.

Hantartis Darklight The Red Eclipse

Sage, Scoundrel and Commando healer by this order of love and care.

5/5 DF & DP NiM Timed Run 5/5 Rav HM & ToS HM

TheEvilHeart
10.21.2015 , 03:26 PM | #27
Wrong Forum

ThatGuyToo
12.01.2015 , 01:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JunnKhan View Post
I wouldn't mind if it was possible to add the 50 extra Force bonus from the level 50 4-piece bonus to the current 6-piece bonus.
This throw back to the old 4 PC bonus is of such a small benefit it would be a waste. Consumption used to give us force based on a % of our max force, now it's a flat amount which is increase as 4pc now.

At that, it was still only a small benefit before. I used to let our progression team get their 4pc before I did. The old 2 PC (shorter Cd of our channeled heal) is all I really needed and never ran out of force in hm ops.

Dhurwin
06.15.2017 , 12:46 PM | #29
I love how this thread hasn't been touched in almost 2 years lol

XxBraunxX
07.12.2017 , 06:38 PM | #30
Yeah, a set bonus to reverse the nerf.