Flashpoint Battles: Darth Ikoral vs the Prophet of Vodal

Maaruin

This series will present some scenarios which lead the forces seen in different Flashpoints to face each other.

The rules will be adjusted in every battle. Only two overall rules will stand:

• Level doesn't matter (it can be assumed all participants are level 50)
  • No involvement of player characters

The Kaggath between Darth Ikoral and Vodal Kressh

Scenario: Darth Ikoral and the Vodal Kressh followers from Athiss have both peacefully made contact to the Sith Empire. Both claim to represent the traditions of the Sith and urge the Empire to follow them more closely. But, of course, their ideas seem quite different. Darth Ikoral is a pureblood supremacist. The Prophet of Vodal wants to restore the Kressh line as rulers of the Sith, maybe even resurrect Vodal himself.

Now the spirit of Vodal Kressh challenges Darth Ikoral to a Kaggath with Athiss as arena. So the Prophet claims. Darth Ikoral accepts and the Red Reaper sets course to this ancient Sith world.

The Dark Council sends observers.

Darth Ikoral was a member of the Dark Council a century ago. He went on a quest to find other pure blood Sith. He got missiong for hundred years, but then he returned with the purebloods he had found. Some are still in hibernation, but others are eager to fight for a pure Sith Empire.

Forces: The Red Reaper and it's crew, SV-3 Eradicator droid, Ikoral's Chosen, Lord Kherus, Sith of varying strength, some armed with lightsabers, others with blaster rifles, droids

Vodal Kressh was a selfe declared Dark Lord of the Sith. The Empire forced him into exile on Athiss, where he conducted alchemical experiments. He was buried there and his followers still dwell near his tomb. They are lead by the Prophet of Vodal, a powerful Sith Sorcerer. For hundreds of years the planet was isolated from the rest of the galaxy. Until a team of unfortunate Republic explorers landed.

Forces: The Beast of Vodal Kressh, Professor Ley'arsha and other corrupted members of her team (explorers, excavators and reprogrammed droids), Temple Guardians, Temple Disciples, Tomb-Dweller tribes, alchemical creatures

Special Rules:

• The Kaggath is a battle for prestige, both leaders have to consider this.
  • Vodal Kressh's spirit may interfere, but he must not be ressurrected.
  • No outside help.
  • The fight continues until one leader is killed or surrenders.
  • For unknown reasons, the Emperor is silent and does not interfere.

Who will win this fight under the eyes of the Dark Council?

(Additional Question: Who do you think the Dark Council would send as observers?)

Edited by Maaruin

Ikoral would win the battle. His ship could easily bombard the ruins to dust. His troops are better geared, trained, and well are military compared to the explorers and the prophet. On a one on one, Ikoral would win again since he more powerful than the prophet. Now if Kreesh were revived I'm not sure. I don't know enough about Kreesh to give an answer.

EDIT: Forgot to add this, but the observer would be Darrh Nox since he is the was of ancient knowledge, or Thanaton if Nox is not yet apart of the Council

Edited by Diablo_Cow

do we know the number of Ikoral's forces?or if he had any artilery or tanks?because those beasts

would rip apart planty of his troops.maybe his beast could even take down the eradicator.but with

all those corrupt guys and temple staff and tribes unless ikoral had more than AT LEAST 5,000 troops

he isn't gonna win this....not mention that vodal kressh's could even cause terror to ikoral's troops

and turn the tide of the battle.....about the observers...what about Darth Nox and Darth Zash!!No I'm just kidding...

I believe they could send Nox with either Marr or Malgus...what about the Wrath?:wea_01::ph_danger:

Ikoral would win the battle. His ship could easily bombard the ruins to dust. His troops are better geared, trained, and well are military compared to the explorers and the prophet. On a one on one, Ikoral would win again since he more powerful than the prophet. Now if Kreesh were revived I'm not sure. I don't know enough about Kreesh to give an answer.
I would disagree. Remember prestige is important, just like when Malak bombarded Revan's flagship an orbital bombardment of the ruins would make Ikoral seem weak in the eyes of the Council who may decided to destroy him as well. Plus Ikoral would want to face him in battle personally to prove himself, and would be confident he can succeed.

As a traditional Kaggath I think this will come down to a one-on-one fight. But I think Ikoral would win, this is only a Prophet remember and Ikoral is a power Sith Lord once on the Dark Council.

Observers? I would say the Emperor's Wrath or the Imperial Guard. Most likely the Imperial Guard as the Wrath has more pressing matters to attend to.

I don't think the beasts would play too much of a role in the ground fight. Based on what the heros of the Empire and Republic traverse in Athiss, the ruins them selves seem to give an advantage to rifles, grenades, and snipers. Hard for a beast to do damage if the enemy is out of reach. Also an orbital bombardment would the smart thing to do on this case. It might be frowned apon but the advantage it provides is too great. What I could see happening is for thr prophet and his small amount of crazed Sith surviving only to face a personal challenge from Ikoral. Ikoral kills the prophet and followers.

I don't think the beasts would play too much of a role in the ground fight. Based on what the heros of the Empire and Republic traverse in Athiss, the ruins them selves seem to give an advantage to rifles, grenades, and snipers. Hard for a beast to do damage if the enemy is out of reach. Also an orbital bombardment would the smart thing to do on this case. It might be frowned apon but the advantage it provides is too great. What I could see happening is for thr prophet and his small amount of crazed Sith surviving only to face a personal challenge from Ikoral. Ikoral kills the prophet and followers.

Even if Ikoral does resort to orbital bombardment, he has to go down their and check for survivors. And Vodal & co can easily hide out in the depths of the ruins to escape the worst of the impact...

Concerning Orbital Bombardment:

Remember, both sides claim to represent Sith tradition and purity. Using overwhelming technology to win this Kaggath wouldn't support Ikoral's claim of pureblood supriority and stuff. I doubt he will resort to it.

Concerning Numbers:

The Red Reaper is a Harrower-class dreadnaught. Wookiepedia says it has a crew of 2,400 men and a capacity of 7,300 troops. Given that it carries Purebloods in hibernation, I suspect that it is indeed fully staffed so they had to resort to this to carry more.

We don't know how large the Tomb-Dweller tribes are, but in total I suspect there to be also several thousands of them (of course, not all of them are seen in the flashpoint). But their elite, the Temple Guardians and Temple Disciples, are probably not that much, only a few dozen. Same with the Republic explorers.

Concerning the Location:

(The Prophet of) Vodal didn't choose Athiss as the arena for no reasons. His forces do have an advantage there. Think about the Ewoks in RotJ or the Wookies in RotS who used their knowledge of the environment in battle.

And the Spirit of Vodal Kressh might also play a role. How long would it take the troops to be driven crazy or become possessed by it. I doubt all of them have the mental strength to resist indefinitly.

There are also some question for the Eradicator to be answered:

-Is the Eradicator suited for the terrain?

-Would it's powerful weapons (Red Beam and Blue Beam) work without the crystal pillars on the Red Reaper?

Concerning Endgame:

In the end, there will probably be a duel between Ikoral and the Prophet. If Ikoral is winning at that point, it will happen in the burial chamber. If the Prophet is winning, it will happen in Ikoral's sanctum. But I am not sure about one thing: Would the Kaggath allow Ikoral's Chosen to participate in the final battle? It was possible in the fight with Thanaton, but that might be game mechanic.

Concerning Orbital Bombardment:

Remember, both sides claim to represent Sith tradition and purity. Using overwhelming technology to win this Kaggath wouldn't support Ikoral's claim of pureblood supriority and stuff. I doubt he will resort to it.

Concerning Numbers:

The Red Reaper is a Harrower-class dreadnaught. Wookiepedia says it has a crew of 2,400 men and a capacity of 7,300 troops. Given that it carries Purebloods in hibernation, I suspect that it is indeed fully staffed so they had to resort to this to carry more.

We don't know how large the Tomb-Dweller tribes are, but in total I suspect there to be also several thousands of them (of course, not all of them are seen in the flashpoint). But their elite, the Temple Guardians and Temple Disciples, are probably not that much, only a few dozen. Same with the Republic explorers.

Concerning the Location:

(The Prophet of) Vodal didn't choose Athiss as the arena for no reasons. His forces do have an advantage there. Think about the Ewoks in RotJ or the Wookies in RotS who used their knowledge of the environment in battle.

And the Spirit of Vodal Kressh might also play a role. How long would it take the troops to be driven crazy or become possessed by it. I doubt all of them have the mental strength to resist indefinitly.

There are also some question for the Eradicator to be answered:

-Is the Eradicator suited for the terrain?

-Would it's powerful weapons (Red Beam and Blue Beam) work without the crystal pillars on the Red Reaper?

Concerning Endgame:

In the end, there will probably be a duel between Ikoral and the Prophet. If Ikoral is winning at that point, it will happen in the burial chamber. If the Prophet is winning, it will happen in Ikoral's sanctum. But I am not sure about one thing: Would the Kaggath allow Ikoral's Chosen to participate in the final battle? It was possible in the fight with Thanaton, but that might be game mechanic.

Guerrila tactics will only hold the enemy of for so long, I believe Ikoral's Sith Troopers and Sith in general could overwhelm Kressh's rag-tag forces soon enough. Which would give him an advantage in the battle to come. And Vodal Kressh isn't all that impressive like Naga Sadow or Ludo Kressh, he was just a Sith that rebelled against the Emperor. I think Ikoral beats the Prophet of a Sith who was probably on weaker than him when living.

Guerrila tactics will only hold the enemy of for so long, I believe Ikoral's Sith Troopers and Sith in general could overwhelm Kressh's rag-tag forces soon enough. Which would give him an advantage in the battle to come. And Vodal Kressh isn't all that impressive like Naga Sadow or Ludo Kressh, he was just a Sith that rebelled against the Emperor. I think Ikoral beats the Prophet of a Sith who was probably on weaker than him when living.

Vodal Kressh had the guts to challange the Emperor and declare himself Dark Lord of the Sith (I guess in the old meaning, where there is only one Dark Lord). He basically thought he could rule the Empire and I don't think he was dumb. So he probably was quite powerful.

In general, Darth Ikoral is the superior fighter to the Prophet. But the Prophet's the Prophet can use the Force to create a "crushing affliction", which hurts pretty badly. And then he can summon the living fires and rend Ikoral's soul. I guess we all remember these attacks from the flashpoint, and without a healer, they will destroy you.

If Darth Ikoral doesn't bring his Chosen, he has no protection. And I'm unsure if Darth Ikoral can channel the ancient power he has gathered in this fight. Because he probably stored it in his sanctum on the Red Reaper. Without his two most powerful assets, he would have to kill the Prophet very fast to prevent him from performing the rituals we see in the fight.

Of course, if he can bring his chosen and create the Force bound, things look different.

(I think at this point it can be assumed that their ingame abilities are somehow based in lore. Because if not, we can't really compare them.)

So the question is: Does the Kaggath tradition require the last fight to be a one-on-one fight? Will Darth Ikoral risk such a fight?

So the question is: Does the Kaggath tradition require the last fight to be a one-on-one fight? Will Darth Ikoral risk such a fight?

I think he will, as a Sith Lord rising up against his Empire based on tradition (disgusted at TOC, aliens etc) I believe he would want to challenge the Prophet in person.

I think he will, as a Sith Lord rising up against his Empire based on tradition (disgusted at TOC, aliens etc) I believe he would want to challenge the Prophet in person.

But then it could be a close fight. The Prophet has some incredibly powerful Force attacks and I think without a healer they could be dangerous even for Ikoral.

Maybe we should freeze this thread at this point and return after the holidays. I guess I won't have much time the next three days.

A few days too late... but we could resume the discussion. In general, things look like Ikoral is winning. But the Prophet of Vodal has some devastating Force powers ("chrushing affliction" and "soul rend"). If Ikoral isn't shielded or healed by someone else, I think the Prophet could defeat/kill him in a one-on-one (if it happens in the burial chamber).

Thoughts?

A few days too late... but we could resume the discussion. In general, things look like Ikoral is winning. But the Prophet of Vodal has some devastating Force powers ("chrushing affliction" and "soul rend"). If Ikoral isn't shielded or healed by someone else, I think the Prophet could defeat/kill him in a one-on-one (if it happens in the burial chamber).

Thoughts?

If it does come down to one on one, I think the prophet could win. Depends if Ikoral gets his Chosen or not, I guess.

If it does come down to one on one, I think the prophet could win. Depends if Ikoral gets his Chosen or not, I guess.

I agree on that. If Ikoral gets his Chosen, he wins for sure. If not, the Prophet has a chance.

(I think he actually would take his Chosen with him. Judging from the confrontation of Thanaton and the SI, the Kaggath has no rule against allies for this. Thanaton calls on his Cyborgs, the SI on his/her companion.)

So, all in all seems that Ikoral has the edge. Vodal could win if his followers can carry on a successful guerilla war or if Ikoral decides to engage the Prophet one-on-one. But they only have a believable chance of winning, they are not clearly superior in these areas.

Right now, Ikoral comes out on top.

I agree on that. If Ikoral gets his Chosen, he wins for sure. If not, the Prophet has a chance.

(I think he actually would take his Chosen with him. Judging from the confrontation of Thanaton and the SI, the Kaggath has no rule against allies for this. Thanaton calls on his Cyborgs, the SI on his/her companion.)

So, all in all seems that Ikoral has the edge. Vodal could win if his followers can carry on a successful guerilla war or if Ikoral decides to engage the Prophet one-on-one. But they only have a believable chance of winning, they are not clearly superior in these areas.

Right now, Ikoral comes out on top.

Yeah, I think Ikoral wins. It'll probably come down to just Ikoral (and the Chosen) taking on the prophet in the tomb. I don't see him leaving it to fight Ikoral.

Ikoral wins after a long and grueling battle.

Well, after a long silence, I'll decide:

There are ways the supporters of Vodal Kressh could win this, but overall, they are at a disadvantage. If this was a fanfic, it could go either way. But since it is only a comparison,

I declare Darth Ikoral winner.

Unfortunatly, RL duties will take me in the following weeks. I hope I can resume the Flashpoint battles soon, but it remains to be seen. Up to now, thanks to all who participated.