Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can a zabrak be a mandalorian?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can a zabrak be a mandalorian?

Foxrynn
01.13.2021 , 03:13 PM | #11
Lore wise, anyone not a current Mandalorian can be Mandalorian. Zabraks, Hutts, even Wookies... As long as they fit the ideology of being Mando'ade and are recognized/adopted by a current Mandalorian... Higher rank the Mandalorian is, the better credibility you'll receive.

Aesthetically, my opinion, any bipedal humanoid that can wear some sort of rebreather fit the billet... (Taungs aside). I've seen some cool "Mando" outfits, in game, that don't use traditional helmets. Just normal rebreathers that are usually associated with Sith Warriors/Inquisitors.
"...live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide."

rashencyberspeed
01.25.2021 , 09:33 PM | #12
The helmets in SWTOR are pretty big. Unlike a Twi'lek's lekku, I think it's reasonable enough to assume there are ways for a Zabrak to get a helmet their horns would fit into.

OdanBaruq
02.23.2021 , 11:47 AM | #13
My Mandalorian Bounty Hunter in game is a Zabrak, I haven't had any problems with helmets that I have noticed.

Although he's male and the republic (Iridonian) version of Zabrak (unlocked through legacy). Not sure that matters though. I think the helmets may be big enough that there is no clipping or the game engine treats the horns like hair and hides them when a helmet is worn. Technically they do fall into the hair category option in character creation.

As for mental rp which I like to do, I kinda imagine maybe the inside of his helmet is designed with some sort of supporting structure to fit around the horns.