Why did snipers get the utility merc needed more

ripamorame

I am wondering why snipers who have no problem keep warriors off them get a disengage and mercs get a slow im not saying nerf snipers but why did you give snipers a ability mercs need badly. In pvp as arsenal its difficult getting hard casts off but with 1 kb compared to unleapable uninterruptable cover with a stun a instant cc a ranged root a kb a aoe slow if spec'd (engineer) entrench and shield probe is far better than a free heat cost cast a instant cast when snipers get a free snipe anyway. And 0 defencive or offencive cooldowns. And the rocket punch 4s root is awful so i can root do 0 damage or time is halved and the melee class has closed the gap.

Give rocket punch its kb.

The sniper basically got an ability he/she always was supposed to have: ROLL TO COVER. Unfortunately the original version of it, when you roll to green human silhouette was extremely bugged and never works how the player expects.

It's not a new ability, it's basically fixing an old one we had back from SWTOR 1.0

I know of the bug currently in but my point is a sniper can do well *not stating they are op* but for a merc to be on a level playing field. It needs something better than just a slow as i put previously sniper needs all its utility to perform against melee how do they expect merc to do the same with half the utility. And with relatively the same damage but the rotation can just be locked down.

I know of the bug currently in but my point is a sniper can do well *not stating they are op* but for a merc to be on a level playing field. It needs something better than just a slow as i put previously sniper needs all its utility to perform against melee how do they expect merc to do the same with half the utility. And with relatively the same damage but the rotation can just be locked down.

I understand you perfectly. The problem can either be fixed by giving commandos some similar perks to snipers basically transforming them into snipers, or by nerfing the crap out of force leap which is a completely ridiculous ability currently.

It gives: gap closing, rage building, minor damage, root, interrupt, for rage spec smash auto-crit, vindicator set +10% damage.

See how much stuff they rolled into one 0 cost ability? And all this while having access to talents that reduce its minimum range to 0, adds extra rage or extends the root length.

No wonder why we snipers are tearing the melee apart, we are countering their most precious overtuned ability.

Wouldn't be the first time tbh =/ Their new stealth detection is much better than stealth scan too in a lot of ways.

And I agree, it's not that Snipers were OP, or are OP with this disengage. It's just another case of snipers having something a ranged turret SHOULD have (a disengage with a reasonable CD) leaving commandos in the dust yet again because there's nothing like kicking them when they're down.

Even more hilariously that slow, which to be fair does prevent a lot of escape abilities, is on a 90s cooldown.

Because Commando was balanced for another game.

Also we have a unload slow why do we need another and reducing our stun to 10m did not help i think we need in arsenal our rocket punch kb a melee root is pointless. Snipers have the same but a ranged root and a aoe cc we need gap openers or a better defencive cooldown.

Been pushing for that on PTS forums, or we were. Seems it's gotten buried under crit rating nerfs and just other things, including a lot of merc/commandos just throwing in the towel or asking for other things (like reduced CDs to RP and TO).

Also saying we had unload slow so we didn't need another is just silly. We NEEDED an instant on demand snare, no doubt about it, and the UTILITY of electro net is quite good. I'm quite glad for that. It's the cooldown that is such an issue.

I really want to see Mercs given a proper mobile rotation in both Arsenal and Pyrotech trees. The best way of doing this is to replace powershot with missile blast and then alter its damage and heat cost so that its a viable ability. Powershot should get drop kicked out an airlock. I'd also like to see unload be immune to interrupt on barrage proc along with death from above and reduce the minimum range of death from above to 0m so that it can be cast right on top of themselves. Edited by JackNader

I think their basis was mercs don't needs defensive cooldowns or oh snap buttons due to the healing and personally self healing in arsenal takes you out of the fight for a fair amount of time with little gained. Give us root or the unload slow having a root effect for the last like 1 second where it roots for 3 seconds unload has some nice talents but it isn't enough damage for the slow imo. Or maybe RP takes 10 seconds off your kb cd or something we need something to reset utility because as the tree stands a lot of dps abilities do string together relatively well but the utility doesn't for how little we have.

P.S the range of stun would help A LOT.

Been pushing for that on PTS forums, or we were. Seems it's gotten buried under crit rating nerfs and just other things, including a lot of merc/commandos just throwing in the towel or asking for other things (like reduced CDs to RP and TO).

Also saying we had unload slow so we didn't need another is just silly. We NEEDED an instant on demand snare, no doubt about it, and the UTILITY of electro net is quite good. I'm quite glad for that. It's the cooldown that is such an issue.

the slow attached to unload was always a joke. useful only against npcs.

I understand you perfectly. The problem can either be fixed by giving commandos some similar perks to snipers basically transforming them into snipers, or by nerfing the crap out of force leap which is a completely ridiculous ability currently.

It gives: gap closing, rage building, minor damage, root, interrupt, for rage spec smash auto-crit, vindicator set +10% damage.

See how much stuff they rolled into one 0 cost ability? And all this while having access to talents that reduce its minimum range to 0, adds extra rage or extends the root length.

No wonder why we snipers are tearing the melee apart, we are countering their most precious overtuned ability.

Sure, as soon as they take away sniper's cover. Fair's fair, right?