Best relics for Dps shadow

stephenalandavie

Right now, both the PVE and PVP "chance of procing +XXX power" relics are popping on independent lockouts....

I have to see this to believe it. I suspect you confirmed this on a dummy? If this is true, I wonder if it is a bug or intended. I will be trying this out on a dummy tonight and confirming both buffs proc simultaneously and stack. This would make it a bit easier with one less button press on my 2.0 clunky, stare at my bar rotation.

*spelling

Edited by HanJaredius

If your read the PVP relics closely, you will see that they DO NOT state that they share the 20 second cooldown with other "similar effects". We've tested PVP/PVE (lower tier + higher tier PVP works as well) on dummies and duels. Edited by Typeslice

I think I will take one use and one proc(power) as deception / infiltration spec. Burst spec has a good feeling with big boost to power for a small time.

This. I parsed the difference between having a dmg proc relic with on use power and on use power with power proc relic (the PvP 410 power for 6 seconds). Dmg from that combination was a lot higher. As well as the actual times it procced.

This. I parsed the difference between having a dmg proc relic with on use power and on use power with power proc relic (the PvP 410 power for 6 seconds). Dmg from that combination was a lot higher. As well as the actual times it procced.

glad to see my thought was on a good way :)

which was higher? could you please post the exactly names of those relics?

which was higher? could you please post the exactly names of those relics?

Sorry I'm not good with remembering the names of stuff. I can give you specifics:

I think it's the Partisan Relic of ------ : (PVP relic, just look at your PvP vendor and search for this kind of description)

Equip: Has a 30% chance while healing or doing damaging abilities, to increase your power by 410 for 6 seconds, can not occur more then once every 20 seconds.

The other one I used is the Dreadguard Relic of Boundless Ages(There's an upgraded Arkanian one that I will be getting soon.)

On use: Increases power by 350 for 30 seconds. The total CD on it is 2 minutes.

The power relic procced pretty much every 20 seconds give or take. So during the time I have the on use relic popped (30 seconds) The proccing relic has the chance to proc twice within that time netting you a 12 second dps window of an additional 760 power.

To note: I'm an advent fan of using project when possible. Now it's a move I use when that power relic pops. It hits so hard with the extra power it's nice.

Levity so the old pvp power relics before 2.0 ones are official dead and gone? i mean for serious PVE dps.

Yes. The on proc power relic has 18 base power and you can augment towards power so add 32 power and you even out from either DPS relic. That will be 50 power altogether on the PVP relic, so you are losing 63 power from switching out the old PVP relic. BUT every 20 seconds you gain 410 power for 6 seconds and it procs a lot.

Now, the Ultimate vendor relic is completely ******. It gives you 23 power from equipping which you can augment towards power to get that 32 additional power + 550 power on proc. It's just too nice to pass up.

Especially if you are balance. You have a ton of DOTs which are dmging abilities, so every tic has 30% chance to apply the power buff. That's why I'm guessing it was proccing for me every 20 seconds.

kk thanks for your answer, i have 1 more doubt i have this:

Arkanian RElic of Serendipitous Assault

+89 end

+29 power

have a 30% change to grant 510 power for 6 seconds......

It doesnt work for pvp but has100 more than the pvp one (partisian relic of Serendipitious Assult), what do you think? I mean i pve playing most the time. Im infiltration.

Edited by psikofunkster

kk thanks for your answer, i have 1 more doubt i have this:

Arkanian RElic of Serendipitous Assault

+89 end

+29 power

have a 30% change to grant 510 power for 6 seconds......

It doesnt work for pvp but has100 more than the pvp one (partisian relic of Serendipitious Assult), what do you think? I mean i pve playing most the time. Im infiltration.

Keep that relic. I am using the PVP one till I can buy that one. ^^

thx for your answer,

now i wonder what about the pvp one (partisian relic of Serendipitious Assult) as second one instead of the Dreadguard Relic of Boundless Ages? gonna check the statistics.

If they proc on different rate limits let me know. I was going to look into it when I got the PVE one.

If they proc on different rate limits let me know. I was going to look into it when I got the PVE one.

Yes, they proc on different rate limits. I used both PVE and PVP version for quite some time now. They usually both proc on my 1st or 2nd attack, gives me a total of 510 + 435 = 945 extra power for 6 seconds.

Arkanian Relic of Boundless Ages or Partisian Relic of Serendipitous Assult (PVP) that's the question???:rolleyes:

Arkanian:

+89 en

+29 power

Power by 395 for 30 secs. No pvp

Partisian

+78 end

+109 ER

+18 power

Healing or damaging 30% grant 410 power for 6 sec.

I'd choose Serendipitous Assault for higher power in average per second(130). Though Boundless Age(99) really good at giving consistent damage for taking down bosses below 30% hp.