So how much credits is it going to cost to decorate a Stronghold?

Odyseus

By SWTOR standards I"m poor. I only have 3 million credits across all of my characters. So my question is will I be able to have a decent looking stronghold by investing most of it in decorations? Or will I need like 10 million credits to have a decent looking crib? I'm so excited for tomorrow, but something tells me I will have very little to decorate my crib with since I hear everything will be uber expensive. Edited by Odyseus

There aren't a whole lot of decorations sold directly through credits. I believe most are earned as drops, crafted, or purchased with commendations.

You'll be able to fully unlock the capital apartments with that level of cash.

Ah I see, so would I be correct to assume that the best way to attain the drops are to run lots of Flashpoints since only my main has maxed out crew skills?

Edited by Odyseus

Saying items for GSH are crafted is not quite right. All professions have the ability to manufacture Prefab kits and trade them in for decorations and the decoration vendors. That means even one crew skill maxed character should be able to manufacture trade items to help you outfit a stronghold.

Obviously having more crafters will make it easier, but you can get many decorations with just one.

If you can obtain materials via crew skills and have at least one crafter, you'll be able to make yourself quite a few decorations (well, kits to exchange for decorations) without having to buy stuff. :)

Here's an awesome list of crafted decorations (also check out the rest of the site!)

But depending on what crew skills you have and at what level, there may be things that you either can't craft or will have to buy the materials for. For example, I can craft all of the different prefab kits, but I don't have archaeology (no artificer) so I had to buy the color crystals needed for the universal kits. Still, I wouldn't expect to spend a fortune on decorating, at least not for the basics. There's plenty of stuff from rep vendors/rare drops/CM too though if you want to put in more effort and go all-out.

IMHO 3 mil is plenty for a nicely decorated stronghold, either a fully unlocked DK/Coruscant one or, if you are getting it for free or don't plan to unlock much extra, the Nar Shaddaa one.