Anyone else watch Anime?

jedidar

I'm too busy playing Star Wars The Senile Republic.

I hear it's an interesting game.

edit: Just the Americanized stuff on occasion. Only thing recently is RWBY and I think many folks would only label that as anime as a stretch. Too many series I've watched previously never gets completed.

Edited by dr_mike

edit: Just the Americanized stuff on occasion. Only thing recently is RWBY and I think many folks would only label that as anime as a stretch.

I'd say labling it as a good anime a stretch :D

I'm a One Piece/Dragon Ball fan myself, though I absolutely adore Code Geass.

Does anyone else here watch anime?

And if you do, which ones do you think /in your opinion/ is the best one you've watched so far?

Mine would be Akame Ga Kill!

I'm a huge anime fan and it's hard to decide which is my favorite. It'd be easier if I could choose by the type of anime. However if I had to pick 2 I could do that and say Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Clannad. I'm a huge softie inside and Clannad Season 2 made me cry profusely I'm not ashamed to admit it. :)

Those two are amazing, I love Gohan the most from DBZ and Code Geass is a classic.

Those two are amazing, I love Gohan the most from DBZ

I know most fans say he became a disappointment in the Buu saga, but I'm with Toriyama on the point of him becoming a non-combatant was the natural progression of his character. Still a good character. Though, I'm more of a Piccolo/F!Trunks fan.

and Code Geass is a classic.

It was the first anime that actually surprised me with it's story progression...

The way they killed off Euphie was shocking... and awesome. I really thought she was gonna live.

Plus, Lelouch (To add to his awesomeness) is literally voiced by a power ranger, it makes a disturbing amount of sense considering how over dramatic he is sometimes.

Ah... a One Piece fan... you must love 4kids...

Sorry OP... I stick to cartoons and ill only watch as far as the Americanized versions, such as Teen Titans.

The only anime's I've ever watched are Pokémon and Sailor Moon. I have not watched, nor will I ever watch the redub of Sailor Moon but I did enjoy the new rebooted version called Sailor Moon Crystal. I just recently finished watching the first two seasons in English and boy did I cry... I enjoyed it and am planning on preordering the Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD combo pack which comes out in August. I stopped wathing Pokémon and playing the video games last year, so I'd have to say Sailor Moon is my favorite. I enjoyed the original dub by DiC and always will because I loved the way they re-did the music from it's corny Japanese one and the appropriateness of the editing to remove certain things from teenage girls body's (I'm still not sure how no one sees it as child *********** unedited but whatever) and I finished watching all of it recently and while I'm not a fan of the dubbing of seasons 3 and four, the first two have and always will be my favorite and I will always love Sailor Moon's Moon Crystal Power transformation (begins at 0:35) from the second seaon and Terri Hawkes and her awesome voice acting and the three films that she ended up in. I'm hoping VizMedia will be smart and redistribute the original dub for those fans who enjoyed it. Only time will tell. Edited by DarthEnrique

I watch a lot of anime, well sometimes I watch a lot, other times less. I've seen some of the more widely known ones like One Piece, Gurren Lagann, DBZ, etc. They are are pretty great. Yo-Kai Watch is also pretty amusing, it makes me laugh sometimes "up down do not slump, if you don't watch out you'll see my rump; down up lightning fast, don't look now you'll see my..." I cracked up when this was said.

However I think the greatest anime that was ever written is perhaps "Your Lie in April". Oh my God I've never seen any anime as supremely put together as this one. And I will admit, more than a few episodes brought some tears out.

Edited by Fireswraith

These are a lot of interesting views, I haven't seen anyone mention Fairy Tail yet. Is that not a popular anime with people anymore?

It's great but it kind of finished. I don't even have idea if the original manga would be continued.

It's great but it kind of finished. I don't even have idea if the original manga would be continued.

There is a series called Fairy Tail Zero that seems to be out, I haven't watched it but apparently it takes place in the past. With the original guild master and how Fairy Tail was founded.

For me (caveat: I watch them with French subtitles, not English, because I live in France):

* Kino's Journey (the name given in French makes more sense, translating literally as "Kino's Odyssey")

* Eden of the East

* Blue Exorcist

* Paranoia Agent (very surreal)

* Princess Jellyfish (a bit shojo, but very funny)

* Bakemonogatari (seen in English as Ghostory)

* Aria Company: The Origination

* RahXephon

* A couple of others that I haven't watched in ages.

Noteworthy: not one of these is "ongoing".

For me (caveat: I watch them with French subtitles, not English, because I live in France):

* Kino's Journey (the name given in French makes more sense, translating literally as "Kino's Odyssey")

* Eden of the East

* Blue Exorcist

* Paranoia Agent (very surreal)

* Princess Jellyfish (a bit shojo, but very funny)

* Bakemonogatari (seen in English as Ghostory)

* Aria Company: The Origination

* RahXephon

* A couple of others that I haven't watched in ages.

Noteworthy: not one of these is "ongoing".

Oh, interesting. I've never heard of one of these!

There is a series called Fairy Tail Zero that seems to be out, I haven't watched it but apparently it takes place in the past. With the original guild master and how Fairy Tail was founded.

Yes, it's based on one of the spin-off mangas. It seems the anime is on hold for now because to give the manga some 6-9 months for the next arc. Maybe they'll make a season with fillers from the other 2 spinoff, maybe not - can't find any info regarding a possible new season.

Edited by Tsetso

Yes, it's based on one of the spin-off mangas. It seems the anime is on hold for now because to give the manga some 6-9 months for the next arc. Maybe they'll make a season with fillers from the other 2 spinoff, maybe not - can't find any info regarding a possible new season.

Well, that does make sense, but I've watched most of the Fairy Tail episodes, I just need to wait until they continue the show.

Oh, interesting. I've never heard of one of these!

I got onto them because they were featured and/or referenced on Nolife, a French TV station that concentrates on Japanese culture and general video game interest (along with the obligatory French-origin content requirement that it satisfies by playing French-group indie rock videos at times when most of its audience won't be watching).

They had a feature one year where they would show each Sunday evening the first episode of an anime series and the second episode of the previous week's first episode. That's how I got onto Kino's Voyage, for example. And Kino's Voyage demonstrates the fundamental weakness of their series - the first two episodes were much better than the following ones, and there's no way of telling until you watch the rest.

They also, one year, showed the Dutch-produced and Dutch-language feature-length Magistratus, a live-action fantasy film set in a dystopian world where humanity is divided into two main groups distinguished by the colour of their blood (and consequently of their skin). If you read Dutch (it's easier to decode than you might think, even if you don't know any Dutch), see http://www.magistratus.nl/.