SWTOR websites?

DoctorBeckett

Dulfy.net is, by a wide margin, probably the most used for general news and updates about the game, and it is an all-around great site and resource.

Ask Mr. Robot's SWTOR section and Torhead are good database sites.

Massively.com used to have a regular article called the Hyperspace Beacon, which recently spun off into its own site, mainly about SWTOR and with other Sci-Fi MMOs as well. Massively's archives of the old HSB articles is good for what's come before, and the separate HSB site (which is only a month or two old) is good for current news and updates.

Gamebreaker.tv also has a decent weekly webshow on SWTOR called The Republic (which has some of the same commentators as the Hyperspace Beacon for its regulars).

Edited by DarthDymond

You won't find any swtor fansites updated because the community team here failed to reach out to them and support them - essential for any MMO.

Dulfy as others have mentioned is probably the only place now and does it with donations and help when others send in info.

You won't find any swtor fansites updated because the community team here failed to reach out to them and support them - essential for any MMO.

Dulfy as others have mentioned is probably the only place now and does it with donations and help when others send in info.

Actually that's not true. The reason they went away was because the game lost massive amounts of players and the sites that were there at start simply dissappeared because they no longer were making any money from ads and such.

Dulfy and some others survived because they weren't in it for the money.

Actually that's not true. The reason they went away was because the game lost massive amounts of players and the sites that were there at start simply dissappeared because they no longer were making any money from ads and such.

Dulfy and some others survived because they weren't in it for the money.

Isn't it? When did you see this community team reach out to a fan site, even before the game died? They didn't. Even today, just look at the lack of actual community posts or any tips/guides focus for new players - the stuff community loves

They are just not involved enough

Isn't it? When did you see this community team reach out to a fan site, even before the game died? They didn't. Even today, just look at the lack of actual community posts or any tips/guides focus for new players - the stuff community loves

They are just not involved enough

Umm... the sites got alot of exclusive info before releases back in the day before F2P.

Umm... the sites got alot of exclusive info before releases back in the day before F2P.

BIG DEAL! And post launch?

You can try and defend them all you want but they are nothing short of useless. For whatever reason that may be. Is it any wonder the game didn't/isn't growing? A good strong Community team are vital to the long term success of any game, especially an MMO.

And most of the exclusive stuff pre-launch came before EA took everything over from LucasArts - who I used to work with closely when I managed swgalaxies.net.

I still remember have an email argument with a certain Mr Bass when he told me not to attend any more press events(which I did through LucasArts) and that all the news would be on the official site and to use that. With that attitude no wonder interest dropped off the radar because I then stopped working on a site I was making for SWTOR.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Maul you was behind swgalaxies.net? Praises and respect to you!!

I totally agree with your point of view.

When this game failed so hard, EA/Ware jus dropped the towell on comunity,

I cant blame them, because they knew the bad decisions mostly attached to carppy engine and unfinished development will bring dissaster to the "ship". (EA Louse said it years before launch)

Sites dedicated to a game with no community and real low "catch" for new blood, are not worth to maintain for long.

For low populated games like SWG was, the feeling of comunity was essential, and that feel was so strong because the game never was intended for casuals, like this one.

I think dulfy is doing a great job keeping the pressure in the wound of this game, trying to keep it alive at the web, mostly because is the only and last site dedicated to it, and all the remaining playerbase is agglutinated in just one place.

BIG DEAL! And post launch?

You can try and defend them all you want but they are nothing short of useless. For whatever reason that may be. Is it any wonder the game didn't/isn't growing? A good strong Community team are vital to the long term success of any game, especially an MMO.

And most of the exclusive stuff pre-launch came before EA took everything over from LucasArts - who I used to work with closely when I managed swgalaxies.net.

I still remember have an email argument with a certain Mr Bass when he told me not to attend any more press events(which I did through LucasArts) and that all the news would be on the official site and to use that. With that attitude no wonder interest dropped off the radar because I then stopped working on a site I was making for SWTOR.

That was post launch... HK-51 and the likes.

It all stopped after the switch to F2P tho, and that's presumably because of the internal restructuring and the change of goals at that time.

That was post launch... HK-51 and the likes.

It all stopped after the switch to F2P tho, and that's presumably because of the internal restructuring and the change of goals at that time.

Again, more excuses. Just face the facts they do sweet FA. And how many so called 'Community Managers' do we have here? 3? There is NO excuse for the lack of community love - none. A Community Manager's job is to engage with that community, be a messenger between the player base the and the developers, not someone to post marketing BS.

Example - with the arrival of Housing, we're yet to see any community love or even a SWTOR housing Pinit board creation where the community team can post images from what they have so far and ENGAGE with those who want to show off their creations after launch.

Fail to plan, plan to fail - Bioware's community team in a nutshell.

Again, more excuses. Just face the facts they do sweet FA. And how many so called 'Community Managers' do we have here? 3? There is NO excuse for the lack of community love - none. A Community Manager's job is to engage with that community, be a messenger between the player base the and the developers, not someone to post marketing BS.

Example - with the arrival of Housing, we're yet to see any community love or even a SWTOR housing Pinit board creation where the community team can post images from what they have so far and ENGAGE with those who want to show off their creations after launch.

Fail to plan, plan to fail - Bioware's community team in a nutshell.

Considering that you were banned from press events, I don't put much credence into anything you say since you seem to have a bitter history with SW:TOR when it comes to fansite work.

Considering that you were banned from press events, I don't put much credence into anything you say since you seem to have a bitter history with SW:TOR when it comes to fansite work.

Banned? I suggest you go back and actually read what I put. And personally, I dont give a **** what you think. But because you're beaten you just resort to being your normal trolling self.

You may like Biowares lack of effort in their community work - fine but you must extremely low standards if you think what they do is enough.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Banned? I suggest you go back and actually read what I put. And personally, I dont give a **** what you think. But because you're beaten you just resort to being your normal trolling self.

You may like Biowares lack of effort in their community work - fine but you must extremely low standards if you think what they do is enough.

Yes, you wrote that Mr.Whatshisface told you to not attend any more press events. I enterpreted that as you being banned by them.

And I never said that what they DO is enough.

I'm just saying that the websites didn't die because of a lack of communications or anything like that from BW, but because most of them were the standard "make a quick buck off a new game" type sites that cut their losses and left when the game went south in subscriptions.

But BW DID communicate alot with the sites and even had exclusive info sent out to different sites for a few releases before the game went F2P. They held exclusive interviews with different websites and all that before and after the launch. But after the game went F2P (or really a little before they went public with it) they pretty much went into crisis mode and stopped with the whole press machine for a while. And after a few months there was basically just Dulfy and Torhead left... I used to go to DarthHater alot before, but that stagnated right around the time of the switch to F2P and never recovered. And it happened that way with alot of other sites.

And I'm going to ignore that comment about me being a troll since this is obviously a sensetive matter to you.

Edited by OddballEasyEight