Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Critical crystals will become the new BiS?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Critical crystals will become the new BiS?

phalczen
10.15.2019 , 08:24 PM | #21
Remember also that with the loss of several auto-crit set bonuses, the overall impact of supercrits is going to be somewhat diminished. Off the top of my head, I know this affects the key casted heals for Seer Sages/Corruption Sorcs and Sawbones Scoundrels/Medicine Operatives.

Also remember that classes which are heavily Force/Tech based damage classes (so-called "yellow" damage classes) may benefit more from critical rating than weapon-based damage classes (so-called "white damage" classes) because the critical percentage is different for F/T attacks than it is for weapon based attacks.

Its just pretty clear that between:
  • higher alacrity rating requirements
  • higher accuracy rating requirements
  • expense and difficulty in crafting both MK-11 kits as well as MK-11 augments
  • the need to augment multiple gear sets, and the delay in obtaining them
we're going to be playing with a lot less critical percentage than we are used to. Remember also that Mastery and Power do not suffer from diminishing returns in terms of their effect on Bonus Damage, but Mastery's impact on Critical Percentage does.

Personally, I think it will be fun to play around with the crystals again and see if some combinations work better than others for certain classes. I'm glad Bioware threw a Seismic Grenade into this particular furball.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

TrixxieTriss
10.15.2019 , 09:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
anything that increases the crit chance or surge will make crit and mastery better. when between crit and mastery, crit gets better than mastery.
But we talking crystals here. Not total stats, which I won’t argue with because I know you are right.

My reasoning for the crit crystals being BiS in 6.0 is because lower lvl content has mastery, power and endurance capped. But secondary stats like crit aren’t capped. So you will still get the benefit of the crit crystals and you wouldn’t from mastery, power or endurance unless you are only playing lvl 75 end game.

As for pvp prior to 6.0. All I can say is I get higher dps using mastery crystals on my warrior, sniper, Merc and Sorc classes. I’ve assumed the same with my sins and I rarely play my Ops or PTs.
I don’t know exactly why I get better damage using mastery vs crit or power. I would balance my total stats at the same points if I used crit or power crystals. I can only assume it’s because main hand isn’t included in bolster.