Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting and PTS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OlBuzzard
09.27.2019 , 08:24 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
This is my exact sentiment too. Whoever is designing the game simply has no idea what would make the game better or worse because they don't play it.

They also seem to not read their own forums for their own game for feedback... And if not shouldn't someone be reading through the feedback threads etc. and relaying that information to the devs or brain trust that makes the decisions for game design choices? This would mean a failure to communicate situation exists on many levels.
Sorry to disagree !

They KNOW what they are doing and why !

To me personally that is why none of this makes any sense. The following is probably useless information (to most) but I will try to explain something.

Over the last 45 - 50 years I've seen several companies do similar things.
1. A state of the art circuit board mfg. facility with "world class" production consistently running at 95% + efficiency sold off by their larger (newly acquired) corporate leader .. certain items of production gutted / sold off .. and within 1 years time the new owners were in bankruptcy. The company before being sold cleared over 1.5 mil per month in production. The building was empty for the longest time... finally sold off and remodeled for an entirely different type of business. It's not even a manufacturing facility any more.

2. Another production / retail store: took 20 years to get to where they were able to compete. They finally began to grow. Then the company promptly got rid of those who were doing the work. Two years later every major account was gone. Today they struggle to make pay role. Oddly enough at one time they had some of the best products in the business. Their greed also extended into the production area. They cut corners and began to purchase their raw materials from some 3rd world whole sale outfit and their products frankly were no longer close to what they use to be. WHY? They had everything in their hands … !! Something drove them to make poor choices.

3. Three video games that I've been directly involved with. Two of them MUCH closer than this one. One of them BEFORE beta testing !
Players begged for the companies to listen .. The communities in all three were ignored. All three games died ! All three had some of the most interesting opportunities I've seen. It was really sad to see so much potential to be squandered ! It should be noted that no player expects a development team to do things EXACTLY the way we would do it ! I think most of us GET THAT !

NO !! do not make this game easy for me personally to play. Good grief I'm not that stupid !
HOWEVER... there are several people on this forum that are pretty much right on target.

Good grief... most of us just want to be able to enjoy this game and watch it GROW !! Stagnating is not an option !

Getting into a rut will not help. It's been said that a rut is nothing more than a grave with both ends kicked out !!

Who did we as a community piss off ?? Seriously !! It's as though as a company someone is trying to make a point to the rest of us.

It's YOUR game BW.. We get that !

What I don't get is : What in the name of common sense is going on ???
* Companions: essentially dead
* Getting gear .. (read the forums... loaded with GOOD threads from several players with SPECIFIC information)
* Crafting .. this thread explains it quite well

If there is a better system coming .. or will be release in 6.0 please tell us ! Most of us WANT things to work.

This is not a threat or a warning !! This is a PLEA !!

Is what we are asking for so contrary to where the development teams wants to take the game so diametrically different that the current state or condition is the only thing that will remain ?

Probably my last post on most of this ! My apologies if this is offensive ! I just had to make one last plea !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

IoNonSoEVero
09.27.2019 , 10:46 AM | #22
Since Ossus I'm not sure what the devs' goal has been with crafting. The Ossus recipes were ridiculous with the amount of mats and the rare mats required, and the end result was that I looked at the recipes, laughed heartily, and never even bothered. I was really hoping that 6.0 would reintroduce more reasonable crafting, but this is more of the same.

As others have said, these "changes" do not address the root issues. It's all nice and good to make more nodes on Onderon, but it doesn't mean anything when every crafter will be fighting for them, and when the recipes still require way too many mats, including ones from Conquest. Crafting should be fun. This is not fun.

So what is the goal? I feel the same as I did with Ossus; I'm not even going to bother trying to craft anything new. The recipes for the level 10/GEMINI-era gear are reasonable. These are not.

TrixxieTriss
09.27.2019 , 11:34 AM | #23
Colour crystals are not being transferred into the material tab and you can’t add them.

I’m assuming this is a bug?

Citrienne
09.27.2019 , 12:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
One of the things we have seen a lot of questions and feedback on is crafting. Fear not as you (crafters) have not been forgotten and there are changes coming. Here are the things we were hearing, and what we are doing about them.
These changes are not enough, so I'm going to spend 4 hours typing up an itemized list of suggestions to improve Grade 11 crafting after having spent 50+ hours on the PTS just playing with crafting. Devs please, PLEASE take these suggestions into serious consideration.

The aim of my suggestions are three-fold:
  1. To relieve some of the pressure from crafters (i.e., reduce complaining from when the changes go to live and to prevent people leaving the game over it),
  2. to fix some problems with the implementation and make it more internally consistent, while
  3. still making it harder and more expensive to do than in previous grades (which the devs seem to want).

First off: the burden of game inflation should NOT be lumped solely on the shoulders of the crafters. This is completely unfair, and a lot of people will be upset enough to leave if some of this stuff isn't addressed. And if they don't leave, we will have to deal with endless whining on the forums until the devs do, grudgingly, change it anyway. And then we'll end up in a "we told you so" situation regardless, which no one really wants.

Things what MUST be fixed:
  • Reduce companion mission times to be linearly in-line with the other grades
  • Fix the Synthweaving grade 11 Assembly Component crafting time to be the same as the other grade 11 AC times (~3m for lvl 50 companions)
  • Reduce all crafting disciplines to have 1 craftable green, 1 blue, and 1 purple Assembly Component
  • Remove slicing and other unrelated gathering discipline material requirements from Assembly Component crafting
  • Crafting disciplines that make augments: augments should be crafted using appropriate ACs + x slicing mats, as they always have (do not require slicing mats IN the AC)
  • Augment kit mat requirements need to fall back in line with other grades from previous expacs. Given the 19 tiers of gear we have to grind through, it's unreasonable to gate augments so hard.
  • Change the mats required to craft Assembly Components to, at a minimum, the following:
  • - Green AC = 12 green, 12 green, 12 white standard mats (recombinators/fluxes)
  • - Blue AC = 6 blue, 6 blue, 6 green standard mats (recombinators/fluxes) + 2 green ACs
  • - Purp AC = 3 purp, 3 purp, 3 blue standard mats (recombinators/fluxes) + 1 blue AC
  • Change the recipe for Dark Projects to NOT include purple Iokath Recombinators anymore
  • Change all conquest crafting grades of mats as follows: (Type A -- grade 3, 5, 7, 9, 10) and (Type B -- grade 4, 6, 8, 9, 10)
  • At a minimum, add RNG Protection to Reverse Engineering (20% requires max 5 REs, 10% requires max 10 REs, 5% requires max 20 REs, you get the idea)
  • Jawa Junks should go into the materials inventory
  • Jawa Junk prices for grade 11 should be reduced (by half at least, IMO)
  • Green quality items (earpieces/implants/etc) should have AT BEST green quality mat requirements and no higher; change all recipes to reflect this
  • Blue quality items (earpieces/implants/etc) should have AT BEST blue quality mat requirements and no higher; change all recipes to reflect this
  • Purple quality items (earpieces/implants/etc) should have AT BEST purple quality mat requirements and no higher; change all recipes to reflect this
  • Legendary quality items (earpieces/implants/etc) should have AT BEST legendary quality mat requirements and no higher; change all recipes to reflect this
  • If (ear/implant/etc) crafting needs to be gated, make acquiring the special mat (of appropriate quality) be like acquiring the old magenta crystal components (grinding tat->hoth->ilum)
  • ALLLL gathering missions should return green mats, with a chance of blue and purple mats too that scales with tier of mission (wealthy > rich > bountiful > abundant > moderate)
  • Deconstructing ANYTHING of level 75 or at grade 11 should 100% of the time produce MK components to craft aug kits even if not on a toon having that crafting discipline

Things what SHOULD be fixed:
  • Preferred changes to crafting Assembly Components:
  • - Green AC = 2 green, 2 green, 2 white recombinators
  • - Blue AC = 2 blue, 2 blue, 2 green recombinators + 1 green AC
  • - Purp AC = 2 purp, 2 purp, 2 blue recombinators + 1 blue AC
  • Reverse Engineering: increase ALL chances to learn all quality of recipes back to 60%
  • Increase gathering node density on Onderon to be similar to that of Yavin 4
  • Jawa Junks should stack in single stacks up to 999,999
  • Jawa Junk prices should be changed to 50 per unit. This needs to be a viable supplementary system but is currently waaaaaaaay too expensive.
  • Add the purple grade 11 conquest mat and blue grade 11 isotopes to the Jawa vendors at a higher rate than the base green/blue/purp grade 11 mats
  • All types (w,r,b,a,m) of gathering missions for grade 11 should yield more mats than previous grades due to the more complex and more numerous mat requirements for crafting at grade 11
  • Please fix the old gear that is non-deconstructable to be deconstructable. I got some drops in Hammer Station VM that couldn't be deconstructed.
  • 12 companions should now be deployable. Given the zillion comps we acquired from KotFE/KotET and insane mat requirements for grade 11, this needs to be increased significantly
  • Number of available-to-run grade 11 missions of each type (r/b/a/m & supplementary) should be doubled
  • Specs for the Adrenals and Stims need to be boosted a little bit. These are barely better than grade 10. If they're gonna be so hard/expensive to craft, at least make the stat gain way better.
  • Add grade 10 and grade 11 grenades to Cybertech

Let's talk about the Jawa Junks.

The devs have dug-in so far about the cost of grade 11 mats on the Jawa vendors. This is worrisome, since everyone dealing with crafting on the PTS has specifically called this out as a problem. I have spent somewhere in the range of 50-100 billion credits on the PTS to learn all purple pharmaceuticals and 2 legendary pharmaceuticals plus crafting some stacks of purple pharmaceuticals for my guild to run Dxun, using the RE->Jawa Junks system to short-circuit the absurd mission times. Given the high number of mats I was able to buy for such an exorbitant price from the Jawa vendors, it is sad that I was only able to make so little. And this with infinite money; imagine having to do this by running missions and farming nodes and REing garbage drops on toons with the appropriate crafting discipline (which will yield far less for way more time/effort). This is a painful punishment levied onto crafters for no reason that I can see other than it's easy and convenient to do so. Crafting has only rarely been allowed to produce viable end-game BiS gear (e.g., the 240 augs), so why punish crafters in this way when they're still gonna be crafting less-than-ideal items anyway?

Some crafting philosophies that must be adhered to going into the future:
  • Cost and time for missions should scale linearly with previous grades
  • Assembly Components should be cheap and easy to make (in terms of mat requirements)
  • Assembly Components should be restricted to 1 green type of AC per crafting discipline and possibly 1 special blue one used to make end-game items
  • If Assembly Components must have common green/blue/purple quality versions, limit it to 1 type of each using ONLY mats acquired from the associated gathering disciplines
  • Green gathering mats should be very easy to come by in large numbers (with blue less, purple even less, and legendary requiring special missions and tasks and such)
  • Craftable gear and components should not have a mat requirement of higher quality (green/blue/purp/legendary) than the quality of the item you're crafting
  • Flux (and the like) missions should always be the shortest and cheapest mission, and should produce more mats than any other but the wealthy missions
  • Reverse Engineering should be a straight-forward and relatively easy way to learn recipes - forcing people to waste tons of mats and credits and and time trying to RE something is going to cause people to complain endlessly again (as they should). IF you must gate the production of higher quality items, gate it with mat requirements to craft the item they just learned.
  • Learning recipes via schematic drops in content is also a totally fine way of gaining recipes. Let these be unbound so they can be sold on the GTN for profit.
  • Biochem in particular should not have onerous crafting requirements for the drugz because raid teams go through drugs quickly - I have crafted all of the drugs for my PvP guild and its progression raid team since 4.0 and I won't be able to do that anymore in 6.0 if the cost/time/effort of doing so isn't reduced significantly (this is just too expensive for me and I have in excess of 1 billion credits in my primary server legacy in live now)

Devs, please do not nickel-and-dime us with crafting changes. Make an across-the-board set of real changes to crafting, and put it up on the PTS for us to test. Add vendors on the PTS that sell the blue isotopes and purple conquest mats, and other rare mats (maybe the Legendary Ember), so we can actually test the progression of learning the higher level recipes finally.

I have spent a lot of time on the PTS playing with this stuff. Please do not trivialize the time and effort I and others have spent testing this for you for free. My biggest concern is with the game dying rather than my own in-game finances or other factors. Please read my post. Please address these problems. I don't want people to riot and leave in a rage; I want people to stick around in this game long into the future. Seriously consider everything here. Please.
Lamentations
Server: The Shadowlands > Star Forge

BigDRC
09.27.2019 , 12:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
I think, at least for me, the first thing I need answered is this question...

Will I need 20 purple mats that I can ONLY get from completing conquest on my characters to craft a GREEN 270 item?
Will I ALSO need 20 purple mats that I can ONLY get from MM Flashpoints and the various levels of operations to craft that same GREEN 270 item.

If these requirements are just "placeholders" for PTS so we can't see what they'll REALLY cost on live, in an effort to prevent people from saving up....well...let us know that.

I think that's dumb...but it isn't impossible.

if you're REALLY going to keep those 40 rare mats in the mix for GREEN 270 items....

Crafting is dead with 6.0
This post needs bumping! Forget about node 'tuning' i would love to know the answer to the above questions as well - this seems to keep coming up and up and yet with all the updates has yet to be addressed...

Estelindis
09.27.2019 , 02:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Citrienne View Post
These changes are not enough, so I'm going to spend 4 hours typing up an itemized list of suggestions to improve Grade 11 crafting after having spent 50+ hours on the PTS just playing with crafting. Devs please, PLEASE take these suggestions into serious consideration.
<snip>
*applauds* Well said, and thanks for taking so long to test and write-up your conclusions. I hope BW will act based on your insightful feedback and the feedback of others.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Daasdfg
09.27.2019 , 03:53 PM | #27
What Lamentations said x1000.

Let us know when you've made real changes on PTS for us to test. Nothing about crafting on PTS is remotely fun even with unlimited credits.

MasterRummy
09.27.2019 , 04:11 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

One of the things we have seen a lot of questions and feedback on is crafting. Fear not as you (crafters) have not been forgotten and there are changes coming. Here are the things we were hearing, and what we are doing about them.

Crafting Material Gathering and Costs
These two tracks run directly in parallel. If you are not receiving enough materials for the current cost, it will very much feel too expensive and we agree, that is what is happening right now on PTS. The two primary places you receive crafting materials, gathering, and Crew Skill Missions are not awarding nearly enough materials for the cost. Look for the following changes:
  • Currently, the only place on PTS to gather materials directly is Ossus. This created an unforeseen issue where you were receiving far less materials than we intended from gathering. We will want you to head to Onderon to gather crafting materials where you will find you are receiving quite a bit more than you were previously. Ultimately, we expect you to get more materials from gathering than you are now on PTS.
  • Crew Skill Missions have had a different issue corrected, their time. We think the quantity of materials earned is in the right place but it is definitely taking too long. We will be reducing these timers.

Jawa Junk Prices
We hear your concerns that in general Jawa Junk prices are too high. They definitely are higher on PTS than they are on live, but remember that players will be receiving far more Jawa Junk than they do today due to deconstruction. We are not ready to make changes here just yet but we are keeping an eye on your feedback and data around Jawa Junk gains. We will absolutely make changes if it is an issue so keep playing and keep sharing feedback.

TLDR – Increasing your material gains and shortening mission times to start, will keep monitoring for more changes.

Keep the feedback coming! These changes are not live yet on PTS but I will let you know when we release a patch where they are available. Thanks!

-eric
Sadly this is completely incorrect. You are expecting people to sit on PTS 8 to 16 hours a day each day, minus downtime to grind out what ever is needed to purchase, scavaged, or complete an insane amount of conquest just to get the bare minimum of matts each and every week over multiple weeks, allowing them now the ability to craft a couple special items. And how do you perceive that the PvPrs will be able to procure the matts? You gonna force them to run FPs?

Come on Eric......

This is a HORRIBLE experience and quite frankly needs a high level of concern and a new strategy to ensure that the crafter's do not leave the game when 6.0 is implemented.

Banthabreeder
09.27.2019 , 04:50 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Citrienne View Post

The aim of my suggestions are three-fold:
  1. To relieve some of the pressure from crafters (i.e., reduce complaining from when the changes go to live and to prevent people leaving the game over it),
  2. to fix some problems with the implementation and make it more internally consistent, while
  3. still making it harder and more expensive to do than in previous grades (which the devs seem to want).

First off: the burden of game inflation should NOT be lumped solely on the shoulders of the crafters. This is completely unfair, and a lot of people will be upset enough to leave if some of this stuff isn't addressed. And if they don't leave, you're going to have to deal with endless whining on the forums until you do, grudgingly, change it anyway. And then we'll end up in a "we told you so" situation regardless, which no one wants.

Things what MUST be fixed:
  • Reduce companion mission times to be linearly in-line with the other grades
  • Fix the Synthweaving grade 11 Assembly Component crafting time to be the same as the other grade 11 AC times (~3m for lvl 50 companions)
  • Reduce all crafting disciplines to have 1 craftable green, 1 blue, and 1 purple Assembly Component
  • Remove slicing and other unrelated gathering discipline material requirements from Assembly Component crafting
  • Crafting disciplines that make augments: augments should be crafted using appropriate ACs + x slicing mats, as they always have (do not require slicing mats IN the AC)
  • Augment kit mat requirements need to fall back in line with other grades from previous expacs. Given the 19 tiers of gear we have to grind through, it's unreasonable to gate augments so hard.
  • Change the mats required to craft Assembly Components to, at a minimum, the following:
  • - Green AC = 12 green, 12 green, 12 white standard mats (recombinators/fluxes)
  • - Blue AC = 6 blue, 6 blue, 6 green standard mats (recombinators/fluxes) + 2 green ACs
  • - Purp AC = 3 purp, 3 purp, 3 blue standard mats (recombinators/fluxes) + 1 blue AC
  • Change the recipe for Dark Projects to NOT include purple Iokath Recombinators anymore
  • Change all conquest crafting grades of mats as follows: (Type A -- grade 3, 5, 7, 9, 10) and (Type B -- grade 4, 6, 8, 9, 10)
  • At a minimum, add RNG Protection to Reverse Engineering (20% requires max 5 REs, 10% requires max 10 REs, 5% requires max 20 REs, you get the idea)
  • Jawa Junks should go into the materials inventory
  • Jawa Junk prices for grade 11 should be reduced (by half at least, IMO)
  • Green quality items (earpieces/implants/etc) should have AT BEST green quality mat requirements and no higher; change all recipes to reflect this
  • Blue quality items (earpieces/implants/etc) should have AT BEST blue quality mat requirements and no higher; change all recipes to reflect this
  • Purple quality items (earpieces/implants/etc) should have AT BEST purple quality mat requirements and no higher; change all recipes to reflect this
  • Legendary quality items (earpieces/implants/etc) should have AT BEST legendary quality mat requirements and no higher; change all recipes to reflect this
  • If (ear/implant/etc) crafting needs to be gated, make acquiring the special mat (of appropriate quality) be like acquiring the magenta crystal components (grinding tat->hoth->ilum & alderaan->korriban)
  • ALLLL gathering missions should return green mats, with a chance of blue and purple mats too that scales with tier of mission (wealthy > rich > bountiful > abundant > moderate)
  • Deconstructing ANYTHING of level 75 or at grade 11 should 100% of the time produce MK components to craft aug kits even if not on a toon having that crafting discipline

Things what SHOULD be fixed:
  • Preferred changes to crafting Assembly Components:
  • - Green AC = 2 green, 2 green, 2 white recombinators
  • - Blue AC = 2 blue, 2 blue, 2 green recombinators + 1 green AC
  • - Purp AC = 2 purp, 2 purp, 2 blue recombinators + 1 blue AC
  • Reverse Engineering: increase ALL chances to learn all quality of recipes back to 60%
  • Increase gathering node density on Onderon to be similar to that of Yavin 4
  • Jawa Junks should stack in single stacks up to 999,999
  • Jawa Junk prices should be changed to 50 per unit. This needs to be a viable supplementary system but is currently waaaaaaaay too expensive.
  • Add the purple grade 11 conquest mat and blue grade 11 isotopes to the Jawa vendors at a higher rate than the base green/blue/purp grade 11 mats
  • All types (w,r,b,a,m) of gathering missions for grade 11 should yield more mats than previous grades due to the more complex and more numerous mat requirements for crafting at grade 11
  • Please fix the old gear that is non-deconstructable to be deconstructable. I got some drops in Hammer Station VM that couldn't be deconstructed.
  • 12 companions should now be deployable. Given the zillion comps we acquired from KotFE/KotET and insane mat requirements for grade 11, this needs to be increased significantly
  • Number of available-to-run grade 11 missions of each type (r/b/a/m & supplementary) should be doubled
  • Specs for the Adrenals and Stims need to be boosted a little bit. These are barely better than grade 10. If they're gonna be so hard/expensive to craft, at least make the stat gain way better.
  • Add grade 10 and grade 11 grenades to Cybertech

Let's talk about the Jawa Junks.

The devs have dug-in so far about the cost of grade 11 mats on the Jawa vendors. This is worrisome, since everyone dealing with crafting on the PTS has specifically called this out as a problem. I have spent somewhere in the range of 50-100 billion credits on the PTS to learn all purple pharmaceuticals and 2 legendary pharmaceuticals plus crafting some stacks of purple pharmaceuticals for my guild to run Dxun, using the RE->Jawa Junks system to short-circuit the absurd mission times. Given the high number of mats I was able to buy for such an exorbitant price from the Jawa vendors, it is sad that I was only able to make so little. And this with infinite money; imagine having to do this by running missions and farming nodes and REing garbage drops on toons with the appropriate crafting discipline (which will yield far less for way more time/effort). This is a painful punishment levied onto crafters for no reason other than it's easy and convenient. Crafting has never been allowed to produce viable end-game BiS gear (except the 240 augs), so why punish crafters in this way when they're still gonna be crafting less-than-ideal items anyway?

Some crafting philosophies that must be adhered to going into the future:
  • Cost and time for missions should scale linearly with previous grades
  • Assembly Components should be cheap and easy to make (in terms of mat requirements)
  • Assembly Components should be restricted to 1 green type of AC per crafting discipline and possibly 1 special blue one used to make end-game items
  • If Assembly Components must have common green/blue/purple quality versions, limit it to 1 type of each using ONLY mats acquired from the associated gathering disciplines
  • Green gathering mats should be very easy to come by in large numbers (with blue less, purple even less, and legendary requiring special missions and tasks and such)
  • Craftable gear and components should not have a mat requirement of higher quality (green/blue/purp/legendary) than the quality of the item you're crafting
  • Flux (and the like) missions should always be the shortest and cheapest mission, and should produce more mats than any other but the wealthy missions
  • Reverse Engineering should be a straight-forward and relatively easy way to learn recipes - forcing people to waste tons of mats and credits and and time trying to RE something is going to cause people to complain endlessly again (as they should). IF you must gate the production of higher quality items, gate it with mat requirements to craft the item they just learned.
  • Learning recipes via schematic drops in content is also a totally fine way of gaining recipes. Let these be unbound so they can be sold on the GTN for profit.
  • Biochem in particular should not have onerous crafting requirements for the drugz because raid teams go through drugs quickly - I have crafted all of the drugs for my PvP guild and its progression raid team since 4.0 and I won't be able to do that anymore in 6.0 if the cost/time/effort of doing so isn't reduced significantly (this is just too expensive for me and I have in excess of 1 billion credits in my primary server legacy in live now)

Devs, please do not nickel-and-dime us with crafting changes. Make an across-the-board set of real changes to crafting, and put it up on the PTS for us to test. Add vendors on the PTS that sell the blue isotopes and purple conquest mats, and other rare mats (maybe the Legendary Ember), so we can actually test the progression of learning the higher level recipes finally.

I have spent a lot of time on the PTS playing with this stuff. Please do not trivialize the time and effort I and others have spent testing this for you for free. My biggest concern is with the game dying rather than my own in-game finances or other factors. Please read my post. Please address these problems. I don't want people to riot and leave in a rage; I want people to stick around in this game long into the future. Seriously consider everything here. Please.
1000% agree! Great write up Citrienne.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Aberd
09.27.2019 , 09:51 PM | #30
It's as if Eric and the devs think all we do is play SWTOR all day. They forget we have jobs too and real life responsibilities. (Not all of us, but most of the community anyway.) We don't have 100+hours a week to be screwing around doing all this crap. It's no wonder players have found third party macro apps to click the screen to automate the crafting, and gathering of materials (sending on missions).

I know eric and crew don't like or want this, and since these macros don't manipulate the game directly (they automate mouse movement and clicks) they are skirting EULA. But honestly, what choice are you (Eric) and the devs giving us?
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."