Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

Firelake
09.05.2017 , 04:09 AM | #121
"If you are in fights that don't have a very high healing requirement, I'd recommend using any of the high DPS companions above (with 1 weapons, not Shae Vizla) and disabling their Channeled heal."

When you say "with 1 weapons, not Shae Vizla" do you mean one of the melee companions?

Out of curiosity, why not Shae?

Thanks.

phalczen
09.06.2017 , 12:14 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Firelake View Post
"If you are in fights that don't have a very high healing requirement, I'd recommend using any of the high DPS companions above (with 1 weapons, not Shae Vizla) and disabling their Channeled heal."

When you say "with 1 weapons, not Shae Vizla" do you mean one of the melee companions?

Thanks.
I think perhaps there was a typo. KevMeUp's results speak to the following:

Shae Viszla seems to have exceptional dps due to an extra aoe "death from above"-like channeled attack.
After her, by ranking, are the dual wielders (ranged or melee.)

Highest HPS appears to be Z0-OM, due to an aoe Kolto-cloud like ability. Followed by the dual-wielders.

If you are soloing content, and you need a healing companion, but need to do some dps with that comp as well, then a great option is to use a dual wielder (either ranged or melee) and click off the channeled heal, so that more of their "rotation" is freed up for damage.

There may be certain encounters that you might prefer a melee over a ranged comp ... I'm thinking the Round 6 Eternal Championship fight with Breaktown Brawler and the kintans.

I personally have not found Shae to be a better healer than Z0-OM or the dual-wielders. Maybe KevMeUp has tested? Either way, if you are on a healer character, you can use either Shae, dual wielders, or Lokin in tank spec.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

xWiCKEDx
10.15.2017 , 07:15 PM | #123
This guide is awesome

LasagnaSurfer
11.09.2017 , 11:32 PM | #124
Has anyone done any research on the Gamorrean Bodyguard?
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla> Satele Shan twitch.tv/zwoopity

KevMeup
11.11.2017 , 12:32 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Firelake View Post

Thanks.
This was a typo, as I meant 2 weapons (blasters or sabers). Shae only gains additional DPS from using her death from above, which is not available in heal stance.
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
My companion parses over 5k dps in HM Star Fortress, does yours?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

ncknck
11.12.2017 , 09:58 AM | #126
how does this compare in 5.5? also where do saberstuff users stand? Are they dual wield melee?

KevMeup
11.16.2017 , 01:22 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by ncknck View Post
how does this compare in 5.5? also where do saberstuff users stand? Are they dual wield melee?
I've updated some of my parses, it looks like they added 200-300 dps to most types. They did not upgrade Melee single weapon users or K1-Z3N/Zoom though.

DPS - 1mil damage on the fleet operations dummy:
Level 50, Shae Vizla, 6500 (Ranged, 1 Pistol) -5.5
Level 50 Ensign Temple, 5400 (Ranged, 2 Pistols) -5.5
Level 50 Master Ranos, 5400(Melee, 2 Sabers) -5.5
Level 50 Kaliyo Djannis, 5030 (Ranged, Blaster Riffle) -5.5
Level 50, C8-S3C, 4900 (1 Vibrostaff, Melee) -5.5 --saberstaff user--
Leval 50, Lana, 4668 (1 saber, melee) -5.5

LordFell
11.21.2017 , 07:56 PM | #128
This is excellent stuff.

...I see my Scoundrel's second choice Tank, T7 is also bugged... but at least I generally stealth in and fight at close range, so it doesn't really effect me.

KevMeup
11.30.2017 , 12:11 AM | #129
Level 50, Darth Hexid, 5100 (1 Dual Saber, Melee) -5.6

AlCiao
11.30.2017 , 03:37 PM | #130
Thanks for the amazing work and updates, man!

I have a few questions and comments, if you don't mind

1. Veeroa Denz's bugged finisher was fixed a while back, according to patch notes I read. I don't remember which patch though, and I never use her, so I don't know if it actually *was* fixed.

2. I pulled out Lokin (on my sorc, obtained from alliance alert, if that makes a difference), and he does not have a listed gap closer in dps mode, and his gap closer in tank stance lists a cooldown. Did Bioware patch his no-CD gap closer, or is the listed CD false?

3. You've said Z0-0M is the best healer due to a hidden AoE heal. I'm also curious if her other difference contributes to this. Unlike other healer comps, she has a channel with a CD, and an instant with no CD.
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>