Was Anakin more powerful as Anakin or Vadar?

Strive-US

I'm not talking about potential. It's generally understood that if Anakin continued on the Light Side (or at least not been severely dismembered) he would have become incredibly powerful.

I'm asking in a contest between Anakin at his strongest before becoming Vadar vs. his strongest as Vadar, which takes it?

Well as per canon now, Vader is noted as being stronger than his former self soo..Vader.

In Legends, it's closer though Vader holds experience, more controlled in Force abilities and durability while Anakin holds speed and raw Force due to his potential not being slighted he'll have more to draw.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm not talking about potential. It's generally understood that if Anakin continued on the Light Side (or at least not been severely dismembered) he would have become incredibly powerful.

I'm asking in a contest between Anakin at his strongest before becoming Vadar vs. his strongest as Vadar, which takes it?

Vader was stronger. Anakin didn't reach his true potential until he became Vader. Though his cybernetics meant he could no longer throw lightning, that was somewhat of a moot point since he could throw everything else in the room at you. His anger more than made up for it.

Well as per canon now, Vader is noted as being stronger than his former self soo..Vader.

In Legends, it's closer though Vader holds experience, more controlled in Force abilities and durability while Anakin holds speed and raw Force due to his potential not being slighted he'll have more to draw.

In legends Vader was stronger than Anakin too. There's quotes stating he got more powerful and he continued to do so up until return of the Jedi. He also has better speed feats as Vader than as Anakin as well as far superior power feats. Now if he never became Vader.. that's different. In Disney Canon Vader is even stronger.

unfortunately Vader is much more powerful per EU which i never liked, Dontget me wrong vader needs to be strong but i always felt the consequence of the suit which i used to believe held him back has no consequence anymore if he is still all powerful

The suit made him lose his potential, doesn't mean he can't become more powerful though. He just can't reach what he was going to be.

unfortunately Vader is much more powerful per EU which i never liked, Dontget me wrong vader needs to be strong but i always felt the consequence of the suit which i used to believe held him back has no consequence anymore if he is still all powerful

As wolf ninja stated in the old EU and maybe in the new Disney Canon his potential before the suit was 200% of Sidious. This was a George Lucas quote. George Lucas stated that Vader achieved 80% of Sidious. This is a huge chunk and his feats reflect this. He's really not THAT far off from Sidious all things considered.

As wolf ninja stated in the old EU and maybe in the new Disney Canon his potential before the suit was 200% of Sidious. This was a George Lucas quote. George Lucas stated that Vader achieved 80% of Sidious. This is a huge chunk and his feats reflect this. He's really not THAT far off from Sidious all things considered.

You know I just realized something, Vader can just keep getting more and more powerful and never truly reach his potential. Because...what is his potential? Become the most powerful Force User in history right? Well that's pretty vague.

Heck they could make it where he's throwing around frigates with casual ease, where he's atomizing his opponents with TK waves and yet he'll still have never reached his potential.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I would like to see some deeper Sith abilities like sorcery or similar in the next sw rebels season. It's pretty bad story telling if the person with the most force potential in galactic history,even if he nerver reached his potential, doesn't show some deeper Dark Side abilities. Even if he is a (Darth)Bane martial type that doesn't deal with the esoteric by default.

on topic : Vader is more powerful than Anakin for reasons already mentioned in the thread, and more.

Edited by Kaedusz

I would like to see some deeper Sith abilities like sorcery or similar in the next sw rebels season. It's pretty bad story telling if the person with the most force potential in galactic history,even if he nerver reached his potential, doesn't show some deeper Dark Side abilities. Even if he is a (Darth)Bane martial type that doesn't deal with the esoteric by default.

on topic : Vader is more powerful than Anakin for reasons already mentioned in the thread, and more.

Eh...Vader never really struck me as being a Sorcery type of guy. Though i'll agree him exploring deeper Dark abilities would be interesting, heck given the new Canon he could just up and create some. Though I feel his strong suits should be his TK abilities and saber.