Male or Female

Lostkitty

I prefer the female voice acting.

I also believe that certain companion dialogues are more fun with a female smuggler. You may not get to flirt with the female companions, but you get some fun girl talk which I found far more entertaining.

In my opinion, the Mr.Smugg voice actor is very charming but lacks a certain something on the snarkier, darker stuff.

FemSmugg has the best voice actress in the game, in my personal opinion, and she puts a lot of attitude into her lines. Delivers them perfectly every time.

Personally i prefer FemSmugg, but Mr.Smugg is good too.

The guy before is right though, Mr.Smugg gets a girl at practically every port and FemSmugg doesn't. But in my opinion, FemSmugg dialogue with Akaavi is gold and nothing a Mr.Smugg does can beat it. :>

Edited by Avianpixie

i absolutely LOVE the female smuggler's voice. it is PERFECT for the class. PERFECT. the male voice...well he's not bad, but after hearing the female smuggler, the male voice seems kinda dull to me. it just doesn't have the same emotional effect.

Gotta go with this one as well. I started a male smuggler over the weekend to see what all the hullabaloo was all about. Hearing him say the same lines as my fem smuggs just didn't seem right. My Iki says the darndest things and gets away with it, she just cracks me up. The male smuggler just seems a bit too dour for my tastes. He needs to lighten up. Less gruff more scruff!

Gotta go with this one as well. I started a male smuggler over the weekend to see what all the hullabaloo was all about. Hearing him say the same lines as my fem smuggs just didn't seem right. My Iki says the darndest things and gets away with it, she just cracks me up. The male smuggler just seems a bit too dour for my tastes. He needs to lighten up. Less gruff more scruff!

I played through male smuggler to 50. Gruff? I don't really see how you can even begin to describe the male VO as being Gruff. The way the story played out, the male smuggler conveys the sardonic yet ever optimistic (least in the dialogue choices I made) fellow the class seem to be made tailored to. The one liners are delivered with perfect nuance, that's flat yet full of character.

I'm not about to play the missions over again to find out how the female VA did the lines, but I think I can safely say you can't go wrong with either voice actors. Male or female, you'll enjoy the story not because the plot is so riveting or suspense so tight, but because the dialogue given by your smuggler is so full of character. Other class needs to play it straight (bounty hunter is the 100% gruff voice mode for male), and their story is in a more serious tone. But smuggler storyline is given chance to be silly and off the wall.

I played through male smuggler to 50. Gruff? I don't really see how you can even begin to describe the male VO as being Gruff. The way the story played out, the male smuggler conveys the sardonic yet ever optimistic (least in the dialogue choices I made) fellow the class seem to be made tailored to. The one liners are delivered with perfect nuance, that's flat yet full of character.

I'm not about to play the missions over again to find out how the female VA did the lines, but I think I can safely say you can't go wrong with either voice actors. Male or female, you'll enjoy the story not because the plot is so riveting or suspense so tight, but because the dialogue given by your smuggler is so full of character. Other class needs to play it straight (bounty hunter is the 100% gruff voice mode for male), and their story is in a more serious tone. But smuggler storyline is given chance to be silly and off the wall.

To my ears, having played several female smugglers, the male smuggler seemed gruff comparatively so. He also seemed a little reserved, but I have not seen the nuance you speak of, perhaps it's very nuanced. Not saying it's bad, just that I prefer the female smuggler is all.

• 1 year later...
I tried playing a female first and pretty much liked it, but then I found out that Risha was a princess and, if romanced, the male smuggler could marry her and eventually become a king, (maybe). So I re-rolled to be a male, but I'm not feeling it. So, now my OCD wants to do Male, but my heart will always be with Female.

IMO, the female has a snarky sense of humor, while the male's is more dry and scathing, which is amusing because they have the exact same lines. For example the line, "By the stars! Republic troops have entered the base!" Females say that in the worst acting voice I've ever heard, while the males kind of nail it. Or "That's how the flatcake crumbles." The females say it in an almost perky, I'm-sorry voice, but the males kind of say it like "eh, whatevs." So it depends on your personal preference. (Note I haven't done much playing as a female, so that's just what I can gather from Ord Mantell-Taris.)