Maintenance: 29 November 2016

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on November 29th in order to apply Game Update 5.0: Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 29 November 2016

TIME: 4AM PST - 8AM PST (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.0

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, November 28th.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Edited by TaitWatson

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean we only have 1 day to complain about the patch notes? :/

YEP! :D "Strap yourselves in boys! (and girls too :D) It gonna be a bumby ride!"

*hoards chocolate milk and cookies and sits for the hours long deluge of forums posts on the afternoon Monday Nov 25th.....er I mean Monday Nov 28th of fun* See you all there folks! :D:D:D:mad::eek::cool:;):p:(:rolleyes::o:D

YEP! :D "Strap yourselves in boys! (and girls too :D) It gonna be a bumby ride!"

*hoards chocolate milk and cookies and sits for the hours long deluge of forums posts on the afternoon Monday Nov 25th.....er I mean Monday Nov 28th of fun* See you all there folks! :D:D:D:mad::eek::cool:;):p:(:rolleyes::o:D

You better share them cookies! :p:p:p

to @TaitWatson: any reasons why the forum also go on maintenance? I mean , I know that's how it has always been . But I never asked lol so I'm asking now . Why the forum kick everyone out when Maintenance is on ? I mean....it should be the best place for peoples to hang around when they are waiting for it to end . No ?

You better share them cookies! :p:p:p

to @TaitWatson: any reasons why the forum also go on maintenance? I mean , I know that's how it has always been . But I never asked lol so I'm asking now . Why the forum kick everyone out when Maintenance is on ? I mean....it should be the best place for peoples to hang around when they are waiting for it to end . No ?

The forums get...well, crazy and 5.0 will be hectic enough. I will be playing after work that day as far as I can go as I'm guessing the patch will take a few hours.

That's a fair question!

The reason that we have to bring down the forums is because we have to make updates to a backend system we call "platform." This includes things like user accounts and the various systems we use to flag accounts for different levels of access (e.g. "This account is a subscriber and can use the forums.") When you log into the website/forums, platform is pinged to determine your level of access. If it's down, it can't do that. So when we need to make changes to platform, the web and forum have to be down.

That's the long form version of "You wouldn't be able to log in anyway." :tran_smile:

Edited by TaitWatson

That's a fair question!

The reason is that we have to bring down the forums is because we have to make updates to a backend system we call "platform." This includes things like user accounts and the various systems we use to flag accounts for different levels of access (e.g. "This account is a subscriber and can use the forums.") When you log into the website/forums, platform is pinged to determine your level of access. If it's down, it can't do that. So when we need to make changes to platform, the web and forum have to be down.

That's the long form version of "You wouldn't be able to log in anyway." :tran_smile:

Thanks for the response! It's always interesting to hear behind-the-scenes stuff. :)

There is no hype, there is KOTET.

There is no communication, there is silence.

There is no passion, there is Bioware.

There is no feedback, there is PTS.

There is no Preferred, there is the Subscription.

:p

Through CM my will to play is broken

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on November 29th in order to apply Game Update 5.0: Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 29 November 2016

TIME: 4AM PST - 8AM PST (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.0

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, November 28th.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Hi Tait, will the above also be the EXACT TIME the DVL event ENDS?

I need to know cause of this week's schedule... thanks! :eek: