EA shot themselves in the foot with Fallen Order

TonyTricicolo

EA, the game eating world destroyer Galactus of companies, has actually produced a nominee for best game of the year. Shi7, I'd even go as far as calling it one of THE best Star Wars games I ever played and this is coming from someone who loved SWG. I was sceptical at first. I'm not a glowbat swinger. Paraphrasing Han: "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." I like blaster style gameplay. Besides that there is something odd about the main character's face. Maybe it's the hair or his complexion. I put off interest in the game simply for that. Actually, it was while I watching my new favorite show The Mandalorian that I caught a praiseworthy review of Fallen Order. Being that I was in such a good mood from watching Baby Yoda that I decided to check out the game.

The following is spoiler free: As a Mouse and Keyboard player it took a bit to get used to the wonky movements, especially camera angles. The game is mostly 3rd person platform jumping with basic force abilities and lightsaber attacks that you can upgrade as you earn skill points. It's not exactly a corridor leading pathway system because areas that you encounter that are unreachable at the moment will become accessible later on when you unlock a new ability, So you will be going back and forth to the same planet over and over. You'll see that it then opens up to hours more of exploring. The music, voice acting, ambience, and effects are top notch. Although it's using the Unreal Engine, the graphics, animations and background is really really good. The story starts off slow then picks up fast. The combination gets you heavily invested in a truly enjoyable adventure. One us Star Wars fans haven't seen since EA took over.

This huge success came from a game with no microtransactions, no Loot Boxes, no surprise mechanics, no RNG IS FUN, no P2W and no gambling packs. All of which are EA trademarks. I usually shi7 on EA for their practices, but they hit a grandslam out the park this time. Phenomenal game, hands down! They deserve all the praise they get. So where do they go now? Produce top quality games with no MTX or produce pre alpha games as a live service with plenty of cash grab restrictions? Will Jedi Fallen Order be a fluke or the new standard?

Edited by TonyTricicolo

• 3 weeks later...