Legacy Perks in Game Update 1.3

CourtneyWoods

Senior Game Designer, William Wallace talks about the new Legacy Perks in Game Update 1.3: Allies:

Hi, I’m Senior Game Designer William Wallace. In Game Update 1.2, we introduced Legacy Unlocks, a system in which characters across your Legacy could unlock special rewards for reaching different milestones. Since Game Update 1.2 went live, your Smuggler may have learned a new skill from their Sith Inquisitor father, or you might have unlocked new species options for your classes. No matter your personal choices, you have now started to build your very own Star Wars™ legacy.

With Game Update 1.3, we are continuing to expand the Legacy system by introducing the new Character Perks system. Character Perks allow you to customize each character in your Legacy, allowing you to modify how you level them with modifiers to increase the experience you gain from Flashpoints or Space Missions. Character Perks will also grant your Legacy character new conveniences that are useful both during leveling and once you’ve reached level 50.

Read More

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if i go thru the hassle of getting the field respec it should Not cost anything to respec (or at the verry least only cost the base amount 5000 or so creds)

make the class mission bonus just a story mission bonus providing bonus xp for every quest that is completed, and not a FP.

and lastly the droid sells adrenals? really adrenals; not stims? im buying this one asap

I think you need to change the way the credit factor works. I'm almost legacy lvl 40 now. I'm not going to spend millions of credits on this crap. I do think that you should be able to spend credits on it if you like. But for us that have put in the hours we should not have to pay millions for something we have unlocked.

New money sinks most players cant afford.This is what they work on when they should have been working on minigames.There are many threads on PTS forums were alot of players is trying to tell them it cost to much the legacy fluff and taking out mods is way to high, do they listen no.And btw 30% extra to storyline mission or exploration is nothing !! from lvl 35+ now you can hardly see the bar move at all when completing a storyline mission on a planet.

Save your money folks on mods etc you need more for a better lvl experience.And the fact that players with a high legacy lvl still have to pay, that is just low !

Edited by Lord_Karsk

New money sinks most players cant afford.This is what they work on when they should have been working on minigames.There are many threads on PTS forums were alot of players is trying to tell them it cost to much the legacy fluff and taking out mods is way to high, do they listen no.And btw 30% extra to storyline mission or exploration is nothing !! from lvl 35+ now you can hardly see the bar move at all when completing a storyline mission on a planet.

Save your money folks on mods etc you need more for a better lvl experience.And the fact that players with a high legacy lvl still have to pay, that is just low !

I too would love to see mini games in future offering credit rewards. I'd rather see mod extraction costs banished lol but I'd be happier if I had a better way than dailies and crafting to earn the cash to do it.

This is a pretty solid update. When I looked at that tab in legacy and saw them locked in game, I started wondering when they would unlock these features for us.

The features are damn solid. /drool

Wish they were available right now.

How about giving the respec bot ability to train new skills on field?

I don't like running to town to train every time I level while playing my alts. Would love to be able to train on the field while questing.

Sorry for the nub question but how do I buy perks?

My character is ls only 27 and I level via PvP, only doing the occasional space mission. Would -I- be able to buy the warzone xp perk even though I don't do class quests after I get my spaceship?

Also good to hear that we can change specs from anywhere.

Senior Game Designer, William Wallace talks about the new Legacy Perks in Game Update 1.3: Allies:

Read More

I tested ALL of the advancement and most of the other ones on the PTS.

It's all pretty solid stuff.

You Don't need to always get the final perk in each category and thus the most expensive one, but if you have lots of credits like me, it's not a big deal to spend the money for the last perk.

It makes leveling up alts quick and in many cases you can just run your class quest and do PvP and do well in leveling.

The speeder training is awesome for new alts also.

The portable mailbox is also nice for new alts

And the quick companion sell trash is also very nice.

I'm giving this guy a solid A for this, I do belie more perks could have been added but it's all still solid.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

The repair droid is a lost opportunity for the crafting community. Crafters (not biochem) need consumables to keep sales churning (recurring revenue, yay!). Repair kits could have been a viable option. /shrug

Forgive me for saying so, but it sounds like the time spent on the "tech" for the field respec button could have been better spent on a dual spec interface that would have vastly more useful to - and more appreciated by - the community.

I tested ALL of the advancement and most of the other ones on the PTS.

It's all pretty solid stuff.

You Don't need to always get the final perk in each category and thus the most expensive one, but if you have lots of credits like me, it's not a big deal to spend the money for the last perk.

It makes leveling up alts quick and in many cases you can just run your class quest and do PvP and do well in leveling.

The speeder training is awesome for new alts also.

The portable mailbox is also nice for new alts

And the quick companion sell trash is also very nice.

I'm giving this guy a solid A for this, I do belie more perks could have been added but it's all still solid.

Not realy, 30% from class quests and warzones is still very slow, should be up to 100% total bonus, especially for that price.

I think you need to change the way the credit factor works. I'm almost legacy lvl 40 now. I'm not going to spend millions of credits on this crap. I do think that you should be able to spend credits on it if you like. But for us that have put in the hours we should not have to pay millions for something we have unlocked.

No idea what you had to go through to gain those legacy levels, but I'm legacy 30+ and haven't spent a single minute game time getting that. It just happens as I play the game normally. So, of course it in itself shouldn't get me anything as if I had actually earned it. Thus, credits are required like other things you want to buy and legacy level is just a restrictor to demonstrate that you have spent sufficient time actually playing the game before you can buy the perks.

I think these are solid perks as well. And they are exactly that: perks.

Not required, not for everyone.

If you want one and can afford it, it makes your life easier, but it does't hurt anyone else not to have it..

Man, I hope these dont cost an insane ammount of credits, I mean, if I have to spend hours farming credits to get these XP boots, I might as well spend those hours leveling my alt.

I wonder if Mr Willaim Wallace has any plans of making the Rocket Boost permanent, a Legacy Vehicle of sorts.

this is taken directly from the blog post.

Class Mission modifiers, which increase the amount of experience you gain from completing your character’s story missions.

can we presume that this (and all other XP upgrades) act at the same rate increase as rested XP?

Not realy, 30% from class quests and warzones is still very slow, should be up to 100% total bonus, especially for that price.

You'd be surprised how they add up. If you go to the Test center forum and lookup my posts on the subject, I was making well over 1 level per hour up until around lvl 26ish. I was also able to lvl from lvl 21 to 24 with just exploration exp.

Making over 1 level per hour really adds up and is a HUGE time saver and well worth every single credit I spent.

Regarding the prices/costs, get a lvl 50 and you will realize how cheap it really is.

I plan on using multiple of these perks on different alts after 1.3 launches.

Edited by Dein_Cathair