personal speeders training cost

Emperor_Troll

I bought the 5K bag slot and didn't spend a credit more except on skills and @ lvl 25 I had just over 50k. I'm now @ lvl 41 JK Sent and I have just over 100K, still not even remotely close to the 210K required. I've spent a bit on crew skills but not a great deal but have bought up to the 20K bag slot.

I have no idea how ppl are making so much money as the GTN doesn't make anything, grinding doesn't make much and quest make very little also.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the 5K bag slot and didn't spend a credit more except on skills and @ lvl 25 I had just over 50k. I'm now @ lvl 41 JK Sent and I have just over 100K, still not even remotely close to the 210K required. I've spent a bit on crew skills but not a great deal but have bought up to the 20K bag slot.

I have no idea how ppl are making so much money as the GTN doesn't make anything, grinding doesn't make much and quest make very little also.

Dont bother with the HTN. Take up slicing and as you are questing, pick up every slicing container along the way. They are usually on the quest routes and quest mob locations. We're looking at a few hundred credits at lower levels but once you're past 30+, you're looking at roughly 1000 credits per box. Just as an example, from 30+ onwards, completing one planetary quest will likely yield you anywhere from 50k to 100k credit. Just from slicing as you are questing.

By level 37, I was buying upgrades for my trooper and my healer pet from gtn and from planet vendors, 4 speeders and I still ended with 750k in my bag.

Having just dinged 50, I can tell you that just on Corellia, doing the quests there will yield you about 200k in credits from slicing, vendor junk and quest rewards coins. I've still got a whole hub I haven't completed there. Hoth is still primarily incomplete and I only just started iLum.

Money should not be a problem.

believe me, slicing may look like it doesn't yield much credits but the cumulative amount is really quite high. Just don't send out your pet on missions. Those things end up eating more credits than you make back. Slice plantetary boxes.

My strategy was to slice to 50 then switch out for other craft skills as I would have enough cash to fund all the missions. But instead, I'm using that sizable cash horde to fund my alts sending them 50k each... so now I'm down to 250k on my main.

True story: First character, at level 34, more then 1 million credits.

How? Find out what sells well on GTN and find a way to farm it.

In my case, I found several orange con level 11 pieces of gear that were very popular, and yet rare to drop. I'm talking 25-50K credits eacy sell prices (people with plenty of credits looking to pimp out their alts probably). I farmed Dromond Kass Champion mobs to get them and sold them on the GTN. Lots of other odds and ends dropped as well and I sold them too for whatever current market price was. I'd park my character at the camp, drop the Champions, log out, log back in 15 minutes later, and if the mobs were up and nobody was waiting on them, I'd drop them again. Rinse and repeat for a few days, playing alts in between. I also stock piled key items for my alts as well.

You just need to be a little creative and immaginative about what you can market on your server and where to get it.

Edited by Andryah

The GTN works wonders if, as said, you know what sells. Also I buy most of my modifications to my armor on the GTN, and always take planet commendations as a reward. I buy up blue and purple boxes from the vendor using those and then sell what pops out on the GTN, most of that stuff will fetch a pretty damn penny at any level.

Also, don't worry about the speeder upgrades after the 1st one. I know people will prattle on about protection from being knocked off, but honesty you will get that as well from the skill 1 speeder, never have I been knocked off from lesser mobs unless it was like an upper 40's champion or some nonsense.

There is just so many credit faucets and not enough sinks there is really no reason to not be a multimillionaire before 50. Those boxes I buy with comms? Every couple days I will pull out a orange belt or bracer, and if you put those up on public auction in fleet chat you are talking about getting a million+ credits for 1 item now and then. (on that note, also look for people who way underpriced their items on the GTN. Ingredients/oranges, especially part of design set pieces, can go for tons.

The GTN markets may vary from server to server, but I put everything green and up on it at 2 days. If it doesn't sell I put it back up, no reason not to when you get the deposit back. When I hit the sell cap I just bank everything till I have room to put it on the market. Everything sells eventually

Edited by Maxil

• 6 months later...
Okay.

Now explain why your character is so stupid you have to be level 25 and pay for training for a speeder, but you can fly a million credit starship with no training at all at level 13+.

because ea and bioware made the game not you and theres alot put into a game that isnt just about how much logic is in it :) they do their best to satisfy you if you helped them make the game maybe it would have a few more things that are better maybe not who knows

because ea and bioware made the game not you and theres alot put into a game that isnt just about how much logic is in it :) they do their best to satisfy you if you helped them make the game maybe it would have a few more things that are better maybe not who knows

WOW. How far did you have to dig in the forum to necromance THIS thread? Last post was in MARCH and costs were reduced on speeder training...