Underworld Trading Mission Imbalance

_Nobby_

At rank 6 missions in particular, there's almost always 4 companion gift missions and 2 luxury fabric missions. My crafting skill is Armormech and it's rediculous that I have to constantly consume those missions in the hope that when they are done an Underworld Metals quest will appear.

I've got a massive amount of epic and rare rank 6 cloth which sells for beans on the GTM and no need for companion gifts anymore.

Is this intentional?

It's the only crew skill worth a darn once you get your biochem potions- if anything, UWT is going to be nerfed, specifically, the metals will be nerfed because only two things make credits on the GTN- underworld metals, and items that are crafted by underworld metals (specifically, spaceship upgrades).

It's the only crew skill worth a darn once you get your biochem potions- if anything, UWT is going to be nerfed, specifically, the metals will be nerfed because only two things make credits on the GTN- underworld metals, and items that are crafted by underworld metals (specifically, spaceship upgrades).

Stop waving the NERF cannon around at everything. It's not broken. Underworld Trading has no reason to be NERFed. The metals sell better then everything else, because the ONE crafting skill besides Biochem that has any decent craftables uses them.

A NERF is not the answer this time. What NEEDS TO HAPPEN, is the other crafting skills need to be looked at and fixed to be actually worth the effort.

oh... also... Underworld Trading mats are used in more skills than any other Mission skill mats.

Edited by Pandabutt

I don't think you read what I wrote. UWT is rediculously time consuming and expensive.

I don't think you read what I wrote. UWT is rediculously time consuming and expensive.

Not to mention the horrendous RNG for RE discoveries. You can pends hours n hours of back to back UWT metal missions if not days and only to come back with all the mats totally wasted away.

There really needs to be an additional crew skill for specifically for rare fabric material. Not only is it imbalanced in missions options but also in rare schematics you get. 9/10 I get a damn synthweaver schematic on a friggin metal mission.... what *********** sense is that? Separate the damn synthweaver and armormech rare mats crew skill just like artificer, biochem, and armstech all have their own separate rare resource gathering crew skills.

A different option is based on your skill allow the player to chose the mission his/her companion goes on. There is just way too god damn much RNG going on with crafting.

On a seperate not, you can log out and relog in for a refresher and new list of missions though if you have the patience to wait for getting your right mission. I've gone through an entire rich grade 2 metal mission duration trying to get a grade 3 metal mission above moderate.

Ut makes to much money, requesting a nerf.

Perhaps because it has 2 rare resource gathering on top that metals are in high demand with low supply so they are outlandishly overpriced. Fixing UWT by allowing better metal harvesting with greatly decrease the prices of metals and will be more in line with the rest of the rare resource prices.

UWT metals are expensive for 2 reasons:

1. You need truckload of them to craft stuff. I am reaching lev4 right now and when I see recepies asking for 8x of those to make 1 thing I am bleading inside...

2. IDIOTICALY LOW rate of missions giving you a chance to get them. FFS BW I am sick and tired of opening all 4 levels of my UTW missions and seeing this:

3x companion gifts

3x luxury fabrics

0x metals

I go to my ship to zone, open the mish window again:

4x companion gifts

3x luxury fabrics

You know what BW? If you don't fix this crap this is what is going to happen. I am going to get few of my chars to 50 to experience the story line, run some pvp, end game raids for a bit, and than... cancel my subscription. And I don't think I'll be the only one...

I don't ask for stuff to be cater to me, but I don't enjoy when a game pusnishes my efforts beause of a desing flaws. OK?

Neglecting customers who point out design flaws in game that can be easily fix is a slipery slope and alot of game development teams found themselves that while they were counting the beans on the accounts next month they were in red wondering why they lost 30% of subscribers.

You have inherited thousands of crafters from SWG judging by the amount of activity on gtn and in trade chanel crafting is way more important to a lot of the game base players than raiding. DON'T MESS this up.

We are customers paying for product, not dumb *** kids happy Santa brought the game box for them.

At rank 6 missions in particular, there's almost always 4 companion gift missions and 2 luxury fabric missions. My crafting skill is Armormech and it's rediculous that I have to constantly consume those missions in the hope that when they are done an Underworld Metals quest will appear.

I've got a massive amount of epic and rare rank 6 cloth which sells for beans on the GTM and no need for companion gifts anymore.

Is this intentional?

Run a Grade 1 missions. Any mission completion gets you a new set of missions.

Run a Grade 1 missions. Any mission completion gets you a new set of missions.

Problem is though that there is a severe imbalance between metals and fabrics.

For instance, I've been sending out my companions farming grade 3 metals while doing some farming and over a 3-4 hour duration with constant mission outings and relogging to get grade 3 UWT metal missions I've had not a single god damn rich metal grade 3 mission yet get an abundance of rich grade 3 fabrics. That is ridiculous and there seems to be a 3:1 or 2:1 ratios of fabrics:metals, there is an severe imbalance.

that's odd because as a Synthweaver, all i get are metals quests. I think its a bug. Check the latest patch notes on the test server. They mention something about UWT missions being removed after you go on them. So If you use metals all the time, then you will find the metals scarce, just like I use the fabrics missions, so I find those are scarce. Once everything comes into balance, the price will go down for trading.

I have a question for Synthweavers... do you guys also get 3x fabrics/3x gifts?

Or perhaps you get same end of the stick 3x metals and 3x gifts and occasionaly 1x fabric?

Would be interesting to know...

I am synthweaving, I get mostly cloth and gift missions. When I do get metal missions tho I tend to get alot of epic grade metals. Unfortunatly my cloth missions seem to yeild zero epic cloth, which I need to make anything worth while. I also see zero cloth in the GT, epic or other wise. Don't know if other synthweavers have the same experience. (or even if there are anyother synthweavers. :)

Well as a cybertech ofcourse I am going to use metal missions all the time. Wth will I do with fabrics?

And after running 1 or 2 I am out of metal missions for few hrs. Great desing. Just pure awesome. How about I quit my job so I can run missions all day and keep resetting them to craft anything useful?

What pisses me off really is the dumb *** who design it that way. I mean really? Make cybertech the most popular crew skill in game, make the required metals neeeded in sky high amounts and than... intentionally create the mission generator screwing players up, hindering their ability to craft.

Common sense classes should be required in college. Period

Stop waving the NERF cannon around at everything. It's not broken. Underworld Trading has no reason to be NERFed. The metals sell better then everything else, because the ONE crafting skill besides Biochem that has any decent craftables uses them.

A NERF is not the answer this time. What NEEDS TO HAPPEN, is the other crafting skills need to be looked at and fixed to be actually worth the effort.

oh... also... Underworld Trading mats are used in more skills than any other Mission skill mats.

Read carefully, I never said UWT should be nerfed, or that I want it to be. I simply pointed out that it will be as it is one of the only useful skills- the other being biochem. If they nerfed the rather minor credit gain of slicing, they'll nerf UWT too.

Indeed, they should fix up the other crafting skills, but after what they did to slicing I don't have the most confidence in them.

The unfortunate thing is you can make more from doing dailies and farming Ilum lockboxes than you could with any crew skill even at their peak- without looking at this, the economy and crafting will have nothing to do with each other.

Orange gear that can be used endgame, the ability to make endgame useful mods, BoP gear for each crew skill would all help make crafting more than just a side mission.

No more time consuming than any other... and, the only one you can easily profit off of- combined with cybertech, spaceship upgrades are some of the only items that are making considerable profit on the GTN. There's nothing wrong with where UWT is now- fabrics are indeed useless, but that's because synthweaving is terrible- with time, metal missions return, or you can do other missions to replenish the metal ones.

If you truly think UWT is time consuming and expensive, try any other crew skill.

All crew skills are time consuming, but at least on my biochem I always get a choice of either 1 compund and 1 sample missions plus 2-3 for other stuff. Always.

Why I don't get that on UTW? Fabrics and gifts. Yea right...

Guys and Girls,

please check the patch notes. The problems you are having with UWT, (and I have it on 2 toons, so I noticed it too) is a BUG. It will be fixed in patch 1.1 Then you will always be able to get cloth or metal, just like every other mission skill. Then metals won't cost soo much, and the world will be right again.....

Guys and Girls,

please check the patch notes. The problems you are having with UWT, (and I have it on 2 toons, so I noticed it too) is a BUG. It will be fixed in patch 1.1 Then you will always be able to get cloth or metal, just like every other mission skill. Then metals won't cost soo much, and the world will be right again.....

Better sell my 100+ grade three metals then before the patch is put out...

Problem is though that there is a severe imbalance between metals and fabrics.

For instance, I've been sending out my companions farming grade 3 metals while doing some farming and over a 3-4 hour duration with constant mission outings and relogging to get grade 3 UWT metal missions I've had not a single gosh darn rich metal grade 3 mission yet get an abundance of rich grade 3 fabrics. That is ridiculous and there seems to be a 3:1 or 2:1 ratios of fabrics:metals, there is an severe imbalance.

lol its all dependant on your comps affection and +skills, so getting upset w/o a return on what you want is called RNG, but +skill from certain comps is a HUGE bonus, so read them and go from there...

Hilarious b/c i'm a synthweaver and I feel like all I get are metals companion gifts and just the rare fabric thrown in. Of course later on I can make items with the metals too, but I'm focusing on light armor patterns at max level for my sorcer and reversing them to tier 2.

I am synthweaving, I get mostly cloth and gift missions. When I do get metal missions tho I tend to get alot of epic grade metals. Unfortunatly my cloth missions seem to yeild zero epic cloth, which I need to make anything worth while. I also see zero cloth in the GT, epic or other wise. Don't know if other synthweavers have the same experience. (or even if there are anyother synthweavers. :)

The reason you don't see them is because they're not in the right spots, they're in crafting materials under diplomacy instead of underworld trading where they should be with the metals.