Which Patch did RE "break" on? Which schem levels/professions broke?

Larkie

Since I can't seem to get a straight answer.

1. Which patch do you think RE broke on?

2. Which levels of schematics broke? Did all levels break?

3. Which professions did it break for? All professions?

4. Have you made any new blue/purple schems since the last 3 patches?

1. Not sure RE actually is broken

2. I can only attest to max level Cybertech schematics

3. I can only speak for Cybertechs

4. I got new purple schematics last week (previous to the most recent patch) by REing the level 49 cybertech ear pieces. Seemed to be working fine then.

Since the last patch I have RE'd about 30 green ear pieces and have not received new Schematics. The sample size is tiny though so its not really helpful, even if RE was working I could go 30 REs without getting a schematic.

4. I've RE'd lvl 47 Reflex barrel and skill barrel for the blue version, both within 10 total of the two types (I make them in sets of 10 and start REing when they are produced and switch recipes when I get the blue). I've RE'd lvl 47 reflex armor mod for the blue version. All three I did on Wed the 8th in the evening.

I don't bother for the purples because for one I know the RE rate is horrid right now. And, It is sub 50 which I won't be using long enough to worry about to get the purple.

From an Artifice perspective:

1. REing didn't break, been the same since day 1 (and before).

2. RE gets to be less likely the higher level the item is. From the sample data I personally have, it's about 10% blue->purple for level 7 schematics, 5% for 48-50 schematics. Naturally, this is only my own sampling, so it's not a large sample size.

3. Seems to be working fine for Artifice.

4. 317 REs to get all 4 purples off the Redoubt wing of the level 48 Str Shield offhand with 15 total pops. Just yesterday popped the Vehemence purple for the 48 Will offhand after 12 REs. Also been popping purples for hilts from level 21 through 39 with the intent to get full patterns. I'd venture to say that in the last 3 weeks I've received over a dozen purple schematics, maybe 20 blue schematics from REing.

Edited by Alsandair_Cahan

So some interesting information here, and yet I don't see anybody posting that has stated in other posts that RE was unequivocally broken in a recent patch.

Come on folks, which patch did it break on? What broke?

If you are so adament in your belief that RE is broken, clarify when it broke and what is broken.

i noticed a big change after the last patch, not the tiny patch that fixed ilum, the one before it. 1.1.2 i believe and i noticed the drop in RE cybertech craft

i also noticed that my crew (on various missions, bioanalysis,slicing,scavenging), who i sent on crafting missions, have started coming back with lots of "mission failed" and im talking about crew with 10k affection, and tbh.. when i send my crew on special mission discoveries that take her 2 hours to complete, im well pissed they come back with mission failed lol :eek:

Edited by Elrenia

i noticed a big change after the last patch, not the tiny patch that fixed ilum, the one before it. 1.1.2 i believe and i noticed the drop in RE cybertech craft

i also noticed that my crew (on various missions, biochem,slicing,scavenging), who i sent on crafting missions, have started coming back with lots of "mission failed" and im talking about crew with 10k affection, and tbh.. when i send my crew on special mission discoveries that take her 2 hours to complete, im well pissed they come back with mission failed lol :eek:

Oh yes, we all get mad about the failed special missions but risk usually accompanies increased reward.

So the patch from 2/7/12 then is what you believe and also that it negatively affected resource gathering missions? Any particular levels of items for RE that you believe it affected or everything?

I RE'd 70 level 49 earpiece blues before I found the note that RE is broken and stopped.

That was wednesday last week

Also since the last patch when they in their crazy Bioweare wisdom nerfed scavenging drops, Zal Alloy is rarer than both Ciridium and Mando Iron. I sit with 600 durasteel that is used for nothing while it's impossible to get Zal always 4 metal mission 2 companion missions and if you are lucky you have 1 moderate compound mission.

The droids in Directive 7 HM that you could farm for Zal now only drops 1 if you are lucky instead of 4 like before.

I think everyone needs to drop their proffessions and go biochem for Bioware to take crewskills seriously. Why not hotfix if RE isnt working as intended instead people spend millions of credits trying to overcome a broken system while the biochemists laugh for taking the FOTM class which is still the only viable one even if it got nerfed.

1 blue medpack takes 15 minutes to craft, crazy to expect that they will ever be up for sale in the amounts thats needed to feed everyone else that didnt pick FOTM.

Edited by Caan

Yesterday with Cybertech I got 3 blue schematics out of 15 green REs. With Armormech I got 3 blue schematics out of 25 green REs and 2 purple schematics out of 30 blue REs. I would say working as intended. I also seemed to Crit craft a lot more now, as I get an aug slotted item about 25% of the time, which seems high.

I RE'd 70 level 49 earpiece blues before I found the note that RE is broken and stopped.

That was wednesday last week

took a level 47 purple earpiece purple last night after a similar stretch. got a 49 armor mod purple yesterday as well. Several blues in armor and mods.

I curse earpieces however, always takes me forever.

The issue is in the higher level 40+ items.

They made it so that the rate drops as you get higher up, but since the price of the mats increases as you go up, this is an unnecessary decrease in proc rate.

I used over 200 Saava silks this week before reading the issue trying to RE level 47 purple bracers into their T2 variant. Out of over 50 bracers I procced twice, shield rating, and leadership, both entirely useless.

I would say that the current rate of 45+ RE'ing on purples is between 1-5%. Far, FAR too low for the million+ credits worth of materials I put into this week to get absolutely ZERO gain.

Do NOT RE any high level blues or purples until this is fixed. You are literally throwing away your materials. Thankfully for me I still have 7 million more credits.

1. The initial implemention was apparently misguided by Biowares own admission.

2. Unknown. We do know Bioware's intended fix is to increase the rate at higher levels.

3. Unknown. See points 1&2.

4. Ooodles. Over the weekend I got the schems to most of the blue resolve armorings and mods from lvls 25 to 45, as well as the blue (and purple on first try) lvl 32 self & companion healing pack. A Handful of mid lvl 40's, (think 43 and 45?) implants and earpieces, and the lvl 49 heavy tank chest. (wrong version on the tank chest, unfortunately, so still more REing to go on that one. Not really concentrating on it very hard though since it's apparently going to be easier in the nearish future, and I won't need it all that soon. (my tank is only lvl 41, and is still in the act 1 intermission... was doing too many space battles)

I think that from the responses in this thread it can be concluded that:

• RE is working, as people are still learning schems on a regular basis.

• RE is working at the same rate as always.

• RE is more difficult the higher level of item you're RE'ing.

• There is no mystery patch that broke RE.

Interesting, considering how many posts there are talking about how RE is not working at all.

I think that from the responses in this thread it can be concluded that:

• RE is working, as people are still learning schems on a regular basis.

• RE is working at the same rate as always.

• RE is more difficult the higher level of item you're RE'ing.

• There is no mystery patch that broke RE.

Interesting, considering how many posts there are talking about how RE is not working at all.

You haven't figured out the Bioware code yet...

Re is "broken" (read: working great) but Bioware needs to "fix" it (read: make it so every casual and their brother can get 100 purple schematics)

This will introduce "balance" (read: leave the economy in shambles)

REing is "broken" in the sense that aside from (surprise surprise) biochem which has a liner upgrade path vs weapons/armor and only needs 1 purple item once done, the amount of time and effort spent REing weapons/armor/mods is not worth it since you can easily pick up better ones running dailies at 50.

about a week of dailies will have your orange gear kitted out with better barrels/hilts/armoring/mods/enhancements than crafters can make.

i personally did not read the BW Message like "its broken since patch x, we will fix" more as "RE is broken (...since forever), we will have a look at it"

for me personally it still feels like taking a needle an poking my eye with it... especially when REing blue to T2 Artifact. Still, personally no breaks in particular patches, feels like release day, sucks massive sometimes since releaseday :)

RE isn't broken, nor has it changed in any patch. The problem with RE is simply the streakiness of learning schematics combined with the offchance of learning something you already know.

If it's a 5% chance to learn a new schematic, you have as much chance to go 0/50 as you do to proc on the first try.

Welcome to random.

I would guess they'll address the streakiness to soften the bad streaks: some way, some how.

I guess I got screwed by the RNG if things aren't broken as some suggest. I have been trying for the last 10 days to RE high end armoring, mods, earpieces, enhancements and crystals with very little luck. I have RE'd over 100 green/blue items and only gained TWO schematics (both blues btw no purples) I easily burned several million creds in mats doing this for such a paltry return. This system is broken. I never had such bad luck on the lower level stuff.

I did some crafting last night, and this morning. Around 50 green lvl 49 medium belt/bracers got me 4 blue schematics. This morning, around 25 blue lvl 49 medium belt/bracers got me two purple schematics. Presense and shield, blegh. I guess I'll do another round and hope for the best. At least it appears it's working, but likely still streaky.

1. None. It's always been 'broken,' for some definition of 'broken' (confirmed not working as intended. That fits my definition, personally)

2. See 1

3. See 1

4. Yes, many. Dozens of low-level recipes, but even up through the low-40s recipes

Edit: Oh, that's you from the other thread. You seem to be under the impression that the system can be either working perfectly, or not at all, with no other states possible. This is what we call a false dichotomy.

RE is 'broken' in that the success rate is lower than intended, and IIRC the duplicate schematic result is not intended.

Edited by atteSmythe

I have spent 3 days making and RE'ing a blue skill stim (lvl 30ish) and it refuses to proc, with all the fails now I may as well have just kept the blue versions and used them rather than wait for the Purple re-usable.

*shrug* I always assumed that considering how fast you level, the purple stims, in particular, were completely pointless. (heck, the BLUE ones are pointless)

I guess I got screwed by the RNG if things aren't broken as some suggest. I have been trying for the last 10 days to RE high end armoring, mods, earpieces, enhancements and crystals with very little luck. I have RE'd over 100 green/blue items and only gained TWO schematics (both blues btw no purples) I easily burned several million creds in mats doing this for such a paltry return. This system is broken. I never had such bad luck on the lower level stuff.

You're operating under the belief that high-level schematics should be as easy to get as low-level schematics?