Would those in premades rage if they were banned from fighting pugs?

UltimateKrucible

And all pug players would use that option, just like everyone would use "don't backfill" if that was available. The outcome would be the same.

It's not about how many players will use that option. It's about making the PVP more convenient for everyone. Pug players have the same rights as any other grouped players. It's not pug player fault that none of his friends are online at the moment. I also don't like that "this is pug player problem, they MUST group up with friends and queue as premade, play as a team". No one can tell other players how they want THEM to play this game. All players have equal right to have fun in PVP.

So give people a choice between:

1) ranked

2) nornal wz

3) normal wz solo players only

I know many players that doing good in ranked, doing good in premade teams in normal, but sometimes they queue solo or with other friend and they don't like to be owned just because enemy team is lucky to have well organised premade.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd look at this from the other side.

Suppose premade groups were stopped from queing against pick-up groups, and could only queue against each other. It's what a lot of people have been calling for, after all.

Would you guys accept your fate or rage about it?

Answer honestly.

Dont care honest truth, the real reason why I premade is to avoid idiots that keep doing **** repeatedly.

But you forcing this is going force groups to queue singular together at the same time to hope they get in the same group. And if they dont they'll just quit and go to another.

Now what happens when u put quitters punishment?

Then the next thing they'll do is win trade since they can OR afk and not participate (or they do get the max medals and sit in a corner and afk).

So what else will you do to stop these people? They'll most likely unsub and you'll lose your decent pvpers to the bads, making PvP a pointless constant retarded DM affair. Meaning that they could redo the entire PvP system and just call it DM where you just go in for 10 minutes mindless bash each other, get comms and move on.

If thats the case then I'm sure you will run out of things to do, and the competition side of WZ will be eradicated.

Just saying.

I can look at the other end, but premades really dont offer a 99% advantage here, maybe at best 30 to 50 percent but a good pug group can put premade into alot of pressure. But if you guys feel that premades are ruining ur lives then maybe you should understand first of why people premade, its not because they want to roflstomp always, there are other reasons as well.

Dont care honest truth, the real reason why I premade is to avoid idiots that keep doing **** repeatedly.

But you forcing this is going force groups to queue singular together at the same time to hope they get in the same group. And if they dont they'll just quit and go to another.

Now what happens when u put quitters punishment?

Then the next thing they'll do is win trade since they can OR afk and not participate (or they do get the max medals and sit in a corner and afk).

So what else will you do to stop these people? They'll most likely unsub and you'll lose your decent pvpers to the bads, making PvP a pointless constant retarded DM affair. Meaning that they could redo the entire PvP system and just call it DM where you just go in for 10 minutes mindless bash each other, get comms and move on.

If thats the case then I'm sure you will run out of things to do, and the competition side of WZ will be eradicated.

Just saying.

I can look at the other end, but premades really dont offer a 99% advantage here, maybe at best 30 to 50 percent but a good pug group can put premade into alot of pressure. But if you guys feel that premades are ruining ur lives then maybe you should understand first of why people premade, its not because they want to roflstomp always, there are other reasons as well.

I have to say you are one of the few posters that actually made sense. Mostly because you are thinking long term and what you say could become an issue.

I admit, I was pushing hard for a solo queue before the F2P wave came in, because of basically one thing. They were very limited on the amount of PVP they will get to experience. Hence if they join a match and get roflstomped by a premade, I don't think they are gonna spend real life cash to get their asses kicked. Honestly, I don't think anyone would do that.

That's sorta in the past now, the situation has remained the same and I fear for ranked pvp in the future. Since I think we missed our chance of bringing in new blood and getting possibly more friends/groups/guilds forming up to reach high end PVP gameplay. Now we are left with what we got and I'm sad to read that one poster said his server has to arrange ranked pvp matches.

Ranked pvp shouldn't be a holiday, it should be something appealing or something to strife for. Oh well, I can keep dreaming ;)

I would say as long as the Q does nto get longer it is fine. However, remembering the Q's before the first merger, 30mins+ in prime time anything that extends q's would drive people away.

I play both pre-mades and pugs in the morning. I never understand the complaining of getting stomped, it happens even in premades (someone out there is always better). You learn nothing from wins, you learn more from prolonged fights and getting stomped. I have to agree with some posters, it is upsetting to see people make the same mistake over, over, and over again the the warzone. Like sorc's trying to tank two- three people (when one is a bad idea). Or merc's entering WZ's in the current state.

I know I am doing my job right with someone on the other team rage quits because I kept stunning, slowing, interupting, DOT'ing, and knocking them back. If they call me out in /say it brings smile to my face. I am a Sorc, my job is to be the fly in your ear while you sleep, not stand toe to toe.

Why ban 2-4 ppl groups from queuing random wz matches? Can someone please explain that to me? Leave it as it now, just ask BW to add third button for "random solo queue" for those who want to play with 100% random pug teams and that's it. This will guarantee that solo player almost never meet a full premade in both his and enemy team. This is completely different warzone experience.

There isn't any other solution that suits us all better than this one. Pelase, stop arguing, it's pointless.

Agreed, this is a nice solution. If the ques do in fact become "nominally" longer while I wait for ques to pop I can always go do some open world pvp. I think premade ques "could" potentially run on the long side....which may bum me out on occaision but, in the long run....?....it's better for pvp because there should be more parity in matches than we see now.

I hope BW gives this a go.

Agreed, this is a nice solution. If the ques do in fact become "nominally" longer while I wait for ques to pop I can always go do some open world pvp. I think premade ques "could" potentially run on the long side....which may bum me out on occaision but, in the long run....?....it's better for pvp because there should be more parity in matches than we see now.

I hope BW gives this a go.

"okay guys, on my count everyone hit solo queue"

The problem with "matchmaking" is that the really good solo Q player (high rank) would ALWAYS get stuck anchoring the non-team side. It will often end up with him on a team of 1-2 good players against a team of at least 4 good players. He/she will ALMOST ALWAYS be at a disadvantage.

Maybe that good player should form a premade then >.>

"okay guys, on my count everyone hit solo queue"

As bad as the population was before the first server merger you pretty much played with the same people and aganist the same people match after match. It was not so much everyone hit the button at the same time but please some Q going threw general. IF it went back to that I would even un-sub.

Warzones for pugs only

Ranked for teams of 4 or 8.

Its as bad to be on a premade as it is to be so overwhelmed by one, ive seen far too much of both on all my toons.

So you're cool with 2-3 man premades then?

Also you do understand that right now ranked is exclusively for 8 man teams (won't even let you stay queued with 7), and if those 7 aren't one of a very few specific compositions they're probably done out of the gate?

What was the problem with trying to implement actual sensical matchmaking again? There are casuals that form premades too who I'm sure would enjoy not getting rolled by top ranked teams who are just trying to get a ranked pop and can't.

The decent players won't complain. There is nothing fun about pug stomping and not even dying while fighting people with no heals/tanks.

That said. Servers need to be merged so queue times are shorter for premade vs premade. Also some rules need to go in effect.

1. No respeccing should be allowed inside WZ's.

2. People that queue with a healer and a tank, should be forced to play other groups with a healer and tank.

3. The max allowed should be 3 so that it stops people from queuing 2 heals 1 tank and a dps.

1-3 can't happen without a warzone server merge. Some realms would be fine like mine (pot5), while other realms would have long queues.

I think you mean x-server queues and not merges.

1. I don't see the problem with that (especially in pug wz's) when there are 4 Healers they don't need another one, so I respecc to dps. what is so wrong with that?

2. Last time I checked I didn't have to select a role when I queued for a wz. how could that even be realized?

3. What would change? there are enough dps, so I can list with Tank + 2 Heals and be just as undying

If premades were either banned from warzones, or forced to play ranked, most of the game's strong players would leave SWTOR and find a different game. I have no desire to play pick-up group WZs with people who I don't trust, and not be playing with my friends. Edited by TheCourier-

Just FYI I spawned yesterday in a CW match and saw I was with four people in the same guild and thought "Hm, premade, could be good," and they proceeded to suck harder than the suckiest suck that ever sucked. They literally had no idea what they were doing. Premades are not gods. Sometimes you get absolutely rolled by them, sometimes they're idiots.

What really needs to happen is level tiering. Someone PvPing at, say, levels 11-20 is never going to learn the goals and mechanics and improve if he/she is constantly getting griefed by level 47s. Bolster is a joke - just the sheer number of additional talents and gear makes a difference, let alone however many hours of experience. (Saw a great example yesterday, another sniper and I, levels 33 and 36, were guarding our team's only CW node. A level 17 stealth came in and thought he would solo cap us via cleverness and LOS. He quickly discovered what a corrosive grenade and ambush felt like, and we never saw him again.)

The answer is NO. That good player should play as he wants to play. No one can tell him how he should play.

So we should design the game to tailor to HIS sensibilities, but other people who want to group with friends and like to just play PVP casually deserve to get rolled?

Seems to me that how he wants to play carries an intrinsic risk of getting stuck with a team of bads against another team which has a premade or two. That is what we like to call a consequence. If he doesn't like the consequences he should maybe consider a different choice. You might argue that if queues are changed to how you want then casual premades getting rolled would be a consequence of THEIR choice, but then your "play how you want" argument is totally bogus.

Not that I'm saying everything is perfectly fine, but anyone arguing for separate queues instead of better matchmaking is either ignorant of the fact that that should be an option or a selfish whiner who doesn't deserve to have his opinions entertained by anyone with the power to actually do something about it.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

So we should design the game to tailor to HIS sensibilities, but other people who want to group with friends and like to just play PVP casually deserve to get rolled?

Seems to me that how he wants to play carries an intrinsic risk of getting stuck with a team of bads against another team which has a premade or two. That is what we like to call a consequence. If he doesn't like the consequences he should maybe consider a different choice. You might argue that if queues are changed to how you want then casual premades getting rolled would be a consequence of THEIR choice, but then your "play how you want" argument is totally bogus.

Not that I'm saying everything is perfectly fine, but anyone arguing for separate queues instead of better matchmaking is either ignorant of the fact that that should be an option or a selfish whiner who doesn't deserve to have his opinions entertained by anyone with the power to actually do something about it.

Address that to Bioware. It's them who failed to create a normal queue system for everyone.

If anyone wants to group up with friends and play PVP - they can do it at any moment. I'm not asking to ban premades. Actually, I can answer to "premade" guys exactly the same way : "want to play in groups? go play ranked. Do not have enough friends to form 8 ppl premade? Go find more friends". How's that differs from "don't queue solo, go form a premade"?

Why solo players must bother about YOUR group matchamaking? Why I should lose a WZ just because someone decided "to play with frineds" and their premade just owned our pug team without any healers and without any chance to win?

Playing in random team or premade team is completely differrent warzone experience. Games with random pugs are fun too, you never know how good or bad your and enemy team will be. You have to think fast, have to cooperate with other players regardless of their skill or gear and act quick. It brings some unique challenge to such games. When a premade shows up in such random game it ruins it in most cases. it ruins many peoples fun, most of them usualy quit. Just because Bioware's made a big mistake allowing premades to enter random teams. And also because you "want to play with friends". Can't blame you for that, but when someone having fun means that other one must suffer - that's just not right.

You want to play in groups - no problem, form a group and queue. This is not solo player problem how you going to play it. Solo player must play with other solo players in random teams. You can do whatever you like: play in 4 vs 4, 8 vs 8, 16 vs 16 or I don't know what BW will give to you (maybe). This is your problem. Leave pugs alone, let them play with other pugs, go ask Bioware to make some 3vs3 or 4 vs 4 warzones or something like that. I will be more then happy to see such WZs in game.

And solo players queue for fun, not to man up 4 vacant places in group with premade so this ops group can even start a game. Stop raging against pugs. Without them, your team do not get to WZ at all. Ask bioware to fix it, so premades can normally queue and play without pugs.

Edited by Netpass

Address that to Bioware. It's them who failed to create a normal queue system for everyone.

If anyone wants to group up with friends and play PVP - they can do it at any moment. I'm not asking to ban premades. Actually, I can answer to "premade" guys exactly the same way : "want to play in groups? go play ranked. Do not have enough friends to form 8 ppl premade? Go find more friends". How's that differs from "don't queue solo, go form a premade"?

Why solo players must bother about YOUR group matchamaking? Why I should lose a WZ just because someone decided "to play with frineds" and their premade just owned our pug team without any healers and without any chance to win?

Playing in random team or premade team is completely differrent warzone experience. Games with random pugs are fun too, you never know how good or bad your and enemy team will be. You have to think fast, have to cooperate with other players regardless of their skill or gear and act quick. It brings some unique challenge to such games. When a premade shows up in such random game it ruins it in most cases. it ruins many peoples fun, most of them usualy quit. Just because Bioware's made a big mistake allowing premades to enter random teams. And also because you "want to play with friends". Can't blame you for that, but when someone having fun means that other one must suffer - that's just not right.

You want to play in groups - no problem, form a group and queue. This is not solo player problem how you going to play it. Solo player must play with other solo players in random teams. You can do whatever you like: play in 4 vs 4, 8 vs 8, 16 vs 16 or I don't know what BW will give to you (maybe). This is your problem. Leave pugs alone, let them play with other pugs, go ask Bioware to make some 3vs3 or 4 vs 4 warzones or something like that. I will be more then happy to see such WZs in game.

And solo players queue for fun, not to man up 4 vacant places in group with premade so this ops group can even start a game. Stop raging against pugs. Without them, your team do not get to WZ at all. Ask bioware to fix it, so premades can normally queue and play without pugs.

the best will be to ban premades and have option to play solo or queue ranked ...ranked scene is almost dead, this cold help it... so who wannaplay in grp join guild, get some friends and queue ranked

If you are a pug, and you havent found a premade. The problem is you. No lies here, but YOU are the problem. Not the premades.

You guys are totally making WZ into herp derp DM matches. Not my fault if I want to be with a premade that WANTS to WIN rather than being with a PuG with a DM mentality such as going into the middle of the huttball field and "testing" mettle at mid without grabbing the ball or setting yourself in a position for a pass.

Stop blaming Premades as excuses, its like gear, many people complain the gear disparity but I have seen guys in greens in 50's doing more damage than War Hero geared players.

Dont give me the excuses of Premades, Gear, Class imbalance. Its clear that you guys just want all the advantages, and without the effort of going what do I do. There is always going to be class imbalance, whether you reroll is another story or whether you do something about is another thing entirely. I mean I dont like playing my Sorc without Bubble Stun because Smashers would 2 shot me, making me instagib, I mean before bubble stun it wasnt that bad either but unless you people tell me you PuGs get an average death of 15 with 350k damage taken as an average I got 3 words for you. HARDEN UP SUNSHINE!

And dont give a **** what you say about me being elitist, cause I'm trying how about you.

Edited by Zhaker

Many casuals don't want in a premade very often. Myself for example. I would try to form a great premade if there was premade matching but as it is I absolutely hate long periods of pugstomping. There is no fun in that.

For example, I enjoy kickboxing. However, I don't go around punching 2 yr olds.

Also using the same logic many of you do...If your premade isn't perfect composistion with great gear then that is your fault. So if your premade sucks then it should get beaten by better premades. Let bad premades get stomped by good premades and let bad puggers get stomped by good puggers.

the best will be to ban premades and have option to play solo or queue ranked ...ranked scene is almost dead, this cold help it... so who wannaplay in grp join guild, get some friends and queue ranked

I don't think forcing people onto ranked is a good thing. It sounds good on paper in the only option to queue as a group is ranked not everyone who runs premades is ready for ranked. With ranked warzones having BiS is critical and the same goes to having the right group comp which can be a problem for smaller guilds. Plus you have the teams that have been together for months and they would just roll unorganized fresh teams which can be quite discouraging for new teams.