If you had 6K CC, what would you buy?

ElZaguero

Imagine this-

You have been very tight-fisted with your monthly subscriber stipend of CC for a long time. You now have 6000 CC accumulated.

You have done enough GTN PVP to accumulate a couple hundred million credits in the Legacy Bank, and you have an unopened hypercrate. You have as many races and cosmetic mods as you want.

So, in this situation, what would you buy?

The one thing I keep looking at is the Shroud of Memory package. I did the HK-51 quest, (which is a shining example of what SWTOR can be at its finest), so the HK-55 isn't that big of a deal to me, but I would like to have Z0-0M, as she is reputed to be to healer comps what Shae Vizla is to DPS comps.

So, what would you buy in this situation? Or would you just continue to play Scrooge and sit on your pile of filthy lucre?

If you want Zoom, buy the unlock, it's enjoyable, you get both HK & Zoom, plus jollo deco (with the right options)

The chapter itself is fun, aand not too hard, with some witty lines, etc.

Edited to agree with what dasty said below

As for anything else, I usually wait for the cartel sales unlocks, and spend them there. Although if they had a mega sale again, I'd probbly part with some for that, especially the decos.

Edited by DarkTergon

Definitely Shroud of Memory.

It's a fun, whimsical, very well-written quest. Granted it takes only 45 minutes or so, but you still get two companions out of the deal as well. I was pleasantly surprised with the purchase b/c people were saying on the forums it's a 10 minute quest which is flat out false, even if you space bar all conversations (which I don't recommend, particularly first time through).

And, what else are you going to spend the CCs on?

Cheers,

Dasty

Imagine this-

You have been very tight-fisted with your monthly subscriber stipend of CC for a long time. You now have 6000 CC accumulated.

You have done enough GTN PVP to accumulate a couple hundred million credits in the Legacy Bank, and you have an unopened hypercrate. You have as many races and cosmetic mods as you want.

So, in this situation, what would you buy?

The one thing I keep looking at is the Shroud of Memory package. I did the HK-51 quest, (which is a shining example of what SWTOR can be at its finest), so the HK-55 isn't that big of a deal to me, but I would like to have Z0-0M, as she is reputed to be to healer comps what Shae Vizla is to DPS comps.

So, what would you buy in this situation? Or would you just continue to play Scrooge and sit on your pile of filthy lucre?

I would buy nothing, but a Hypercrate that I would sell for profit on GTN.

That's it. I don't buy anything in this game and if spend CC on something, I always sell... I don't need things I am bored of the next day. But that's me. Others are different. ;)

This depends entirely upon what you want to do in the game.

If you want tp play "space Barbie" you could buy a number of outfits and weapons, that you like the look of, and mix&match them for various looks.

If you want to try some Stronghold decorating, buy a stronghold and some personnel decoration packs and/or other decorations.

The bonus chapter with HK55.

Overpriced IMO - though I say that as someone who just missed the chapter, but has HK as a companion and all the HK items.

I mean its like $35 dollars in CC (or many months of saving CC), which is equivalent to several months of subscription (which a one time $15 subscription will unlock access to KotFE / KotET / Onslaught / level 75) or multiple expensive sets, multiple boosts, unlocks, whatever.

As to what I'd buy, I'd only buy things (generally account unlocks, convenience and / or for when preferred) that either are not sold on the GTN (server transfers, collection unlocks), or are so infrequently sold on GTN as to be absurdly priced.

Edited by DawnAskham

I've been in a similar situation. I decided to:

1. Save enough to buy Shroud of Memory, but hold off in hopes of a sale (it seems quite overpriced to me too)

2. Identify some specific outfits that I like and try to get them cheap off the GTN to prepare for #3:

3. Unlock stuff for all characters in the collections (sadly, the sale for these unlocks just ended a couple weeks ago)

4. Buy all the account unlocks that matter if I stop subscribing. For me, this includes cargo bays, GTN slots, outfit slots, etc.

Alternately, you could wait for special events and buy limited time items. My favorite decoration is the life day tree with the train, for example.

I would buy nothing, but a Hypercrate that I would sell for profit on GTN.

I'd buy a hypercrate and open all but 10 of them. I'm generally lucky and get lot's of stuff I want from the crates and lots of valuable stuff I already have which would I sell on GTN then spend all the credits on stronghold decorations. The remaining 10 crates I'd sell one a day. Why am I saying would? I do this all the time! :D

Overpriced IMO - though I say that as someone who just missed the chapter, but has HK as a companion and all the HK items.

I mean its like $35 dollars in CC (or many months of saving CC), which is equivalent to several months of subscription (which a one time $15 subscription will unlock access to KotFE / KotET / Onslaught / level 75) or multiple expensive sets, multiple boosts, unlocks, whatever.

If you save your subscriber CCs for it, it's about the same number of months as the time you had to continuous-subscribe back in 2016 to unlock it, which was, in fact, prorated to almost exactly $100 (six and two thirds months times fifteen dollars a month equals $100).

And I'd also point out that back then, there were apparently some people who stayed subscribed *solely* to unlock it, so they did, indeed, pay $100 for it.

I'd definitely do SoM. I got it as part of the promotion and it's great

I have like 15k? 20k? CC. Honestly I don't keep track, as i don't really spend them. I might occasionally fork out for some dyes but that's it. (as for how I got it, I've been a continuous sub since the beginning and have gotten quite a few referrals over the years. When you don't spend it, it all adds up)

As to what I'd buy, I'd only buy things (generally account unlocks, convenience and / or for when preferred) that either are not sold on the GTN (server transfers, collection unlocks), or are so infrequently sold on GTN as to be absurdly priced.

yes, but you had to be subbed for a number of months to get it, so it sort of works out

yes, but you had to be subbed for a number of months to get it, so it sort of works out

I get the justification people toss out to support the price - but while subbed, players also got game time as well as CC - so not the same thing (now if it was 'buy six months of game time - get the chapter', then it would be equivalent).

And as in my particular case, I was subbed most of the promotional period (due to buying time in blocks of six months), and as such find the price ridiculous for one chapter mission (I have HK and all the HK promo junk).

Anyways, part of my reaction to the price is it just brings back negative memories of 4.0 and the shift in the game (terrible IMO) coupled with the 'sub by x, get n while we release a chapter month - unless we delay again - and then we'll just pad out something with a bunch of skytrooper trash' design direction.

I am glad it is available for people who really want, overprices as it is, as that is better than a lot of things which just are not available at all to newer players.

Edited by DawnAskham

A few character slots.

Then the rest on crates to open and sell those items.

I don’t really need anything in game, tbh I already got plenty and all I want most from lucky RNG crates.

I’m currently at 892m sitting in legacy bank and want to hit 1B, I did do a purchase with credits for the Mandalorian tracker set for 25m for my new PT but I kind of regretted somewhat lol