BW has to learn fixing

omeru

BW you implemented a totally retarded matchmaking system it is totally useless and it doens towrk. Ok making a matchmaking can be hard but the current one is not bad it is total abomination but ok keep matchmaking but how about fixing bugs in it? For example why are you *********** putting a healer backfill in all dps games when there are too many dpses in queue? This can be fixed and should be fixed if you were a real game company like you used to be not a complete joke with your latest games. This game needs some good game developers who knows what they are doing.

Sadly this game lost so many players not for lack of content just for bad executioıns. I am sure no one would rage not getting a civil war reskin or a terrible hutball map that makes quesh hutball a good one or a buggy new arena that you instantly die and get terrible matches because of terrble matchmaking. You cant just add reskin contents and buggy maps and expect players will be filled in while removing fun factor in game with terrible matchmaking system. Letting this stupid matchmaking in game so many months shows you have 0 knowledge and care about what player wants. You have very small team and you are losing your time with stupid things while ignoring what needs to be done. I hope you will leave headless chicken mode and make changes actually thinking.

And sadly this stupid backfill system exploited so many times by some players to get higher ratings you basically created wintraders dream scenario.

Edited by omeru

And sadly this stupid backfill system exploited so many times by some players to get higher ratings you basically created wintraders dream scenario.

For some reason I liked the way this was written, has a sort of playful imagery to it. Nice rant!

Many have stated already that the issue is more the population in que, not the system itself. So what Bioware should do is make more people que ranked. This of course has its own issues, like we have seen with mats in group ranked. I think that all we can do is wit for 6.0 and hope that it will bring in more players and that the ranked que will be filled with more good players so that the system has something to chose from.

If the population does not change however, some tweaks are needed to the system. As the OP mentioned the games where one team has a healer or tank and the other doesnt. Or the situation 3v4. What they could add is an abort sequence so if the teams arent as they are supposed to be the match will be aborted. Thats all, this could really be added. I am sure many would be annoyed since you would wait for a pop for 20 min only for the game to be aborted, but still, it would lead to only fully balanced matches.

Many have stated already that the issue is more the population in que, not the system itself. So what Bioware should do is make more people que ranked. This of course has its own issues, like we have seen with mats in group ranked. I think that all we can do is wit for 6.0 and hope that it will bring in more players and that the ranked que will be filled with more good players so that the system has something to chose from.

If the population does not change however, some tweaks are needed to the system. As the OP mentioned the games where one team has a healer or tank and the other doesnt. Or the situation 3v4. What they could add is an abort sequence so if the teams arent as they are supposed to be the match will be aborted. Thats all, this could really be added. I am sure many would be annoyed since you would wait for a pop for 20 min only for the game to be aborted, but still, it would lead to only fully balanced matches.

They could make the “abort” choice optional if a match is set to begin with a 3v4, a pop up asking if the team wants to abort could then give both sides a choice.

Never mind, this would only get abused by wintraders. Best thing to do is have an automatic abort function when a match is set to start with a 3v4.

The issue with ranked having low population imo has more to do with the fact the game mode is simply not enjoyed by as many as before. Sure, the overall dwindling population of the game only magnifies this problem, but if the game mode was fun and enjoyed by more players, it’s simple; more players would be participating.

Funneling or making players have to participate in ranked would only bring the quality of the matches down even lower, because anytime people are forced to participate the majority react negatively and will participate with as little effort as possible.

I’d suggest analyzing what makes ranked less popular and then improving upon that before thinking it’s just a simple population issue that requires forcing players to participate in ranked.

The only people I see touting the ranked system as perfectly fine ‘as is’ are a very slight minority who also happen to find ranked fun in its present state for whatever reasons, which is fine they have a right to this opinion.

I believe the system ‘as is’ is easily corruptible, matches are constantly compromised, and the ELO scoring only encourages tons of cheating and manipulation due to the fact there are some people willing to buy the special titles and other rewards won for lots of money.

The only consistent way to get these yummy rewards is to have high ELO which nearly always is gotten now by cheating one way or another.

Sadly BW has been found incapable of curbing the cheats, wintrades, manipulations of ranked matches and so the cycle never ends.

The fact actual money is involved to buy titles etc. alone creates a ton of toxicity because anytime real money is involved, people get nasty. Its no longer just a fun game, it turns into something much more sinister when monetary gain and/or loss is added to the equation.

Toxicity is also bred when legitimate player’s matches are ruined by way of shady players manipulating the matches for wins. Naturally even the most honest players have a limit and eventually when their ELO is destroyed by cheaters they are going to vent and act out in a poor manner.

Remove ELO, make matches scored by anything other than a ELO system which has for years proven to be nothing but a filthy trough that draws more flies than it draws anything else. This trough has no food in it, just filth as it stands, now. Time to toss it out, and fill it with something new, like something that actually encourages good gameplay not the opposite.

Edited by Lhancelot

The fact actual money is involved...

This is a completely differnet matter, but yes its a big issue also. I am not sure how it is in other games, but here its quite a big factor. I have been digging deeper into this cause once you get to know the people you meet quite a lot of players with different stories. Yet the principle is always the same: People from "poor countries" mostly east europe are being hired by the people from "rich countries" in west and nothern europe (not sure how it is in US).

For the east countries its a way to make easy money and for the west countries, they can afford it and dont want to spend time. I have heard about people selling many things from top 3 titles to valor 100 farming. This is indeed an issue in the gaming world and in swtor. People are willing to pay for "hard to get" stuff but also for unique stuff. Since the game has had many credit exploits, credits themselves are of no value to these people so they take real money instead. There were people who paid real money for Wings of Architect, not to mention account selling.

In the end this is also used in the business world and we could see it in the stream when Ben Irving told us about the testing group from Romania :) So overall, its up to the Devs to find this all out and make sure it does not happen.

This is a completely differnet matter, but yes its a big issue also. I am not sure how it is in other games, but here its quite a big factor.

I see it as a contributing factor (amongst many) to the toxicity issues in ranked.

It’s impossible to have legit honest players trying to earn ELO the right way when there’s a faction of cheaters doing it for money. Add these bad apples with those who cheat just to wag their epeens around with top titles or items and what you get is a dysfunctional contest that will never fly straight.

If BW had a way to dissuade the cheating and punished those caught with heavy hands even with a lesser population ELO could mean something, however as it stands now and has for the past many years ELO here means absolutely nothing.

Why support a scoring system that doesn’t reflect what it’s supposed to, and instead only encourages bad behavior?

there aren't enough players in queue to do any meaningful matchmaking without having a person familiar with the scene on each server manually put teams together.

This backfill issue was always there even there were a lot players doing ranked at the start of the season. Problem is matchmaking has no depth it is just based on total ratings of teams and when someone doesnt join it automaticly looks for replacement of closest rated player not even checking players role.Thinks like this with easy solution are most frustrating since you could add a few lines of code it would be fixed but as always bw being total **** and not doing it.

It’s impossible to have legit honest players trying to earn ELO the right way when there’s a faction of cheaters doing it for money.

This is the interesting thing about it. If there is so much wintrading and cheating going on when do the people find the time to climb the ladder legit? We had many discussions about this, how you need to "que when the time is right" and so on. There were many threads about it, but there are indeed times when you can que with a pretty good success rate. In the afternoon when less people que (shortly after work/school its quite possible to carry the team as 1 very good player. Thats the best time to que for legit top 3. The other time is very late at night when only the best players are in que. There is no win quarantee, but the matches are high quality due to the people in que.

The problem is that wintraders and cheaters need "cannon fodder" to do their thing, unless they use bots to make pops, which shouldnt be possible now. They need people in the que so that there are pops. So best way to get top 3 is beggining of the season when the cheating is minimal, later on its becomes very difficult.

They need people in the que so that there are pops. So best way to get top 3 is beggining of the season when the cheating is minimal, later on its becomes very difficult.

That's probably true. ^

Last time I jumped into ranked it was at the end of the season and I kid you not, the majority of matches started with 2v4, 3v4 etc. I had nothing but match droppers in 3 out of 4 matches for the week I tried to play.

I just said F it, it was only frustrating me and was a big waste of time.

Knowing this, how is it acceptable to keep such a shoddy scoring system in place, though? We shouldn't have to find the right time to play ranked just to avoid the cheats and other shenanigans going on in the matches.

They honestly just need to be playing their own game at a silver+ level, in the queue, to see what is wrong with it. Too bad they literally don't have such a person in their team. Remember how the devs would play their game in SWTOR streams? Edited by Metthew