Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you want to see a new CLASS implemented in SWTOR future expansion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you want to see a new CLASS implemented in SWTOR future expansion?

kodrac
09.05.2019 , 10:17 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
This brings up a question in my mind. Is there really anyone that enjoys RNG? If not, how did this become such a staple in modern games?
It's the ultimate carrot on a stick. I don't mind a little RNG if it keeps you coming back up to a point, but going to the well too many times, as in heavy and/or layered RNG, is too much. But as you've seen from some posts, those carrots are what keeps people coming back. So they, um, exploit that.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

IoNonSoEVero
09.05.2019 , 10:34 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I heard you like some RNG with your meaningful content!
Well the RNG IS the meaningful content, isn't it? All those quality gaming hours spent hoping for something I can use!

OlBuzzard
09.05.2019 , 03:27 PM | #23
This brings up a question in my mind. Is there really anyone that enjoys RNG? If not, how did this become such a staple in modern games?

Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
It's the ultimate carrot on a stick. I don't mind a little RNG if it keeps you coming back up to a point, but going to the well too many times, as in heavy and/or layered RNG, is too much. But as you've seen from some posts, those carrots are what keeps people coming back. So they, um, exploit that.
These two statements are pretty much true... Plus you add the fact that it's a lot cheaper this way. as opposed to adding you know… actual content !

Back on topic: Yes I would like to see a genuine new class. And perhaps (even as someone has already suggested) .. even an updated new subclass ( AKA advanced class). IMO there is room for both.

A new class could easily be added with the story line for the "timely date of entry" being that this new agency or task force (also known as a new class) was created as direct result of the near destruction of the Republic / Empire by Arcann. As long as the new character has roots in the afore mentioned content … then there should be no real problem adding that class to the game.

IMO this could also add some much needed new content, characters and perhaps a new companion or two. Some of the new class companions could be pulled from the already existing group of companions that are now on both Empire and Republic lists (just a thought.. ).

At any rate.. I still stand by this idea !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Lhancelot
09.05.2019 , 04:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
These two statements are pretty much true... Plus you add the fact that it's a lot cheaper this way. as opposed to adding you know… actual content !
Yeah. Adding RNG as the major component means the grind can be stretched out even longer. It's just a lazy unimaginative way to try to keep players busy. The problem is the more RNG you add, the less fun it becomes.

I guess RNG is like salt. It's ok in small amounts, but if you add too much, or make it the main staple of the meal it's going to be awful. RNG is salt.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Nemmar
09.05.2019 , 05:44 PM | #25
Yes, of course.

It would be a great draw for new players as well.

OlBuzzard
09.05.2019 , 06:49 PM | #26
Yeah. Adding RNG as the major component means the grind can be stretched out even longer. It's just a lazy unimaginative way to try to keep players busy. The problem is the more RNG you add, the less fun it becomes.

I guess RNG is like salt. It's ok in small amounts, but if you add too much, or make it the main staple of the meal it's going to be awful. RNG is salt.
I like the analogy !! Well said !!
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Andoprimetekram
09.05.2019 , 07:01 PM | #27
Yes.My 5 cents

Celise
09.06.2019 , 12:31 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
This is a poll question. Just type Yes or No will suffice in your post (further comment of what class and other issues are not necessary). This will show the customer demand for a new class in future SWTOR.
oh look another user not using the search feature to find new class threads. The poll is irrelivent and if you bothered to go read those threads you'd find a number of people explain why like they have here. I can't answer to either unless Bioware publicly state they are open to the idea.

Psilanthropy
09.06.2019 , 05:18 AM | #29
I understand that implementation is near impossible at this point, but of course I would. I'm a solo player; I came for the story content, and I'm staying for it as well. The prospect of getting another, considerably longer thread added to the story sounds invigorating to me, especially since class stories are a more unique experience than the bottlenecked story line of KOTFE/ET.

HrRav
09.06.2019 , 08:47 AM | #30
Yes!!