Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you want to see a new CLASS implemented in SWTOR future expansion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you want to see a new CLASS implemented in SWTOR future expansion?

AshEvil
09.05.2019 , 08:27 AM | #11
Yes!
As all other MMO has it so why can't SWTOR
AshEvil

Storm-Cutter
09.05.2019 , 09:12 AM | #12
'Cos making a new Class....... Ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

IoNonSoEVero
09.05.2019 , 09:28 AM | #13
No. I'd rather they add new meaningful content for the existing classes and their companions.

Lhancelot
09.05.2019 , 09:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
No. I'd rather they add new meaningful content for the existing classes and their companions.
I rather them do both. Add new classes and add meaningful content.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Floplag
09.05.2019 , 09:34 AM | #15
i think adding new classes is always a positive, BUT, in this case and in this game, im not sure what would make sense. What are we missing? Youre not going to add a Bard like thing, it doesnt exist in the SW universe.

So i think its a good idea but im not sure what that might be within the canon of what would actually make sense in this game. im legit drawing a blank as to what we might need or what it would look like.

I think perhaps in this case id prefer to see some tweaks to the existing that make more sense, such as PTs using rifles and other minor tweaks to go with some proper class balancing before adding anything else to the mix.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

IoNonSoEVero
09.05.2019 , 09:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I rather them do both. Add new classes and add meaningful content.
You know as well as I do that they probably can't manage that. We've had one five-minute story segment this year. The resources are meager at this point.

SteveTheCynic
09.05.2019 , 09:42 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AshEvil View Post
Yes!
As all other MMO has it so why can't SWTOR
Because other MMORPGs don't have:
* Lightly branching class-specific stories with full voice acting.(1)
* Five associated lightly branching companion stories with each class story, also with full voice acting.
* Class-specific elements (lines) in player-NPC dialogue *everywhere*, inside the class-specific stories and outside them.(2)
* Class-specific transport elements (player ships).
* Map layouts that contain class-specific elements (main example: player ship hangars, especially on the Fleet)

All those things raise the price of adding classes, and are things one can analyse from the outside of the game, without considering whether the details of how the game was originally built will interfere.

(1) No, the class-tied missions in FF14 don't count for this. They are very light-weight and quite sparse, and like everything in FF14, are only semi-voiced. Only NPCs speak.

(2) I mean it. NPCs greet you with words that depend on your class, "Master Jedi", "My Lord", "Sith", "Captain" (smugglers), "Hunter", "Lieutenant", "Captain" (troopers), "Major", and so on. Every single conversation that your new class can get into must be vetted for this stuff and new lines recorded.(3) It's worse still if the class corresponds to something that has sex-specific titles in the Star Wars lore.

(3) No, they don't have to record new lines that are spoken in Alien Turkey Gobble IV, but they do have to write them.

Re: the question in the thread title:

No, because of all the flooflah indicated above, and the risk that the internals of the game, which are already known to be a tangled mess, will break beyond repair along the way.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Lhancelot
09.05.2019 , 09:47 AM | #18
You know as well as I do that they probably can't manage that. We've had one five-minute story segment this year. The resources are meager at this point.
That's true, but he asked if we'd like new classes. Whether or not they would do it isn't really relevant to his question.

I can point out that your wish for more meaningful content is just as unlikely if they really lack the funds to create anything new.

Now if the question was do I think they will make new classes and/or what would I prefer they do with their time I'd still say yes, I would like new classes as well as meaningful content.
TRUE
FALSE
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

kodrac
09.05.2019 , 09:53 AM | #19
I heard you like some RNG with your meaningful content!
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

Lhancelot
09.05.2019 , 09:57 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I heard you like some RNG with your meaningful content!
This brings up a question in my mind. Is there really anyone that enjoys RNG? If not, how did this become such a staple in modern games?
TRUE
FALSE