Low FPS - Do I need to upgrade?

Zanarchy

Hey, SWTOR is pretty laggy for me when I'm out in the open, when I'm in instanced zones it runs fine, but the weird thing is, my friend can run it at max and can record it on fraps at the same time and still get better FPS than me, whereas he has near the same specs as me? I'll tell you mine and his so you could compare.

My rig:

Windows 7 64bit

ASUS GTX 560 Ti

AMD Phenom II X4 (4 CPUs) 3.4GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

His Rig:

Windows 7 64bit

ASUS GTX 560 Ti

Intel I5 Core Processor

8GB DDR3 Ram

Any ideas?

I've already done this, but i still get harsh FPS drops.. :(

Same here, it worked yesterday turning down off the shadows and i had swell FPS of 70-100 every where i went, but i THINK they patched the game this morning and it reduced my fps even more. :rolleyes:

Edited by derex

Same here, it worked yesterday turning down off the shadows and i had swell FPS of 70-100 every where i went, but i THINK they patched the game this morning and it reduced my fps even more. :rolleyes:

Ahh I see :(

Anyone able to actually compare the two systems and say which is better (and by how greatly?)

Hey, SWTOR is pretty laggy for me when I'm out in the open, when I'm in instanced zones it runs fine, but the weird thing is, my friend can run it at max and can record it on fraps at the same time and still get better FPS than me, whereas he has near the same specs as me? I'll tell you mine and his so you could compare.

My rig:

Windows 7 64bit

ASUS GTX 560 Ti

AMD Phenom II X4 (4 CPUs) 3.4GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

His Rig:

Windows 7 64bit

ASUS GTX 560 Ti

Intel I5 Core Processor

8GB DDR3 Ram

Any ideas?

Your system is plently, sounds like another problem to me.

Your system is plently, sounds like another problem to me.

Any idea on what it might be?

I know that my driver has been *********** up... each time I install, it uninstalls itself when I next load my PC up making it so I have to keep reinstalling each time.

Turn off Vertical Sync.

Use Full screen Window.

Disable Bloom.

Disable Shadows.

Check your refresh rate.

1: Done

2: Done

3: Done

4: Done

5: only 60.

This isn't the point of the thread, me and my friend have nearly identical systems in terms of performance in a lot of other games, however, this game is an exception and I cannot run it as good as he can, I can barely run it at all at times.