URGENT: EU servers are diying. We need cross server queues or Server merge

ParaDaniel

Hey all,

i think cross server queues are not manageable with the hero engine version bw uses, so i want to submit an proposal:

The idea is to merge all EU servers to an big one and jail the different languages to their own instances with their own chat. So, they can queue all into one PvP/GSF Queue with an optional switch to queue only with ppl on their instances.

Some of you old players will remember that looking for an group on the fleet was only able, when switching through the instances, cause fleet one couldnt see the chat on fleet two. The engine is able to segregate chats from each other, which will make it easier to develop this.

As an example:

- All EU Servers get merged into onto one big server lets call him "BigServ"

- An german player logs on to server T3-M4 and gets connected to BigServ with an jail to instances one to five

- An english player logs on to server ToFN and gets connected to BigServ with an jail to instances six to ten

- The german player isnt able to switch to instance six to ten and cannot see the chat of those instances

- The english player isnt able to switch to instance one to five and cannot see the chat of those instances

- The german player lists for PvP and gets queued in the global PvP queue, where all players on BigServ can queue

I think that there will be none lag problems with one big server, because hero engine stores the instances on different instance servers in an "cloud" based system.

We need this or some other solution, because the servers are dying with the lack of population.

P.S. sorry for my english, im an bavarian ( Munich, Oktoberfest, Lederhosn ) player :D

Yeah...no.

It's not urgent and they aren't dying.

I'm on ToFN, the least populated one of all the EU servers and there are still 2-3 fleet instances at night and 1-2 during the day. The PVP queues pop within 2-3mins and PVE queues pop time depends on your role which won't change with a cross-server queue because there will still be more DPS than Healers and Tanks.

But even if they were dying and cross-server queues were a must-do, your suggestion still makes no sense. Isn't the point of dedicated English-French-German servers that you'll be able to communicate with the people you queue with?

Say I don't speak German (and I don't :p) and say you don't speak English. How exactly are we supposed to work together to win the WZ if we can't understand each other?

And, lastly, what's the point of having more people in one big server if you aren't going to allow them to interact besides warzones and FPs/OPs?

Edited by TheNahash

Yeah.

I'd hate to lose my names AGAIN. This time mergers should be from the servers which didn't take part in them previously I think.

And yes, they're dying. You should know from ToFN.

So what if there are 2 instances (17 pm atm) if there are no players to team up with??!

Also there the issue of playing against same people over and over in Rated pvp. :/

Making group finder ops 16 man and cross-server would definitely increase the speed of finding a party.

I really lack words to describe and European who's not able to communicate in a video game through English...

You'd say "but Russians", but to me they're Asians ;] And apparently they can handle playing in English somehow.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Hey all,

i think cross server queues are not manageable with the hero engine version bw uses, so i want to submit an proposal:

The idea is to merge all EU servers to an big one and jail the different languages to their own instances with their own chat. So, they can queue all into one PvP/GSF Queue with an optional switch to queue only with ppl on their instances.

Some of you old players will remember that looking for an group on the fleet was only able, when switching through the instances, cause fleet one couldnt see the chat on fleet two. The engine is able to segregate chats from each other, which will make it easier to develop this.

As an example:

- All EU Servers get merged into onto one big server lets call him "BigServ"

- An german player logs on to server T3-M4 and gets connected to BigServ with an jail to instances one to five

- An english player logs on to server ToFN and gets connected to BigServ with an jail to instances six to ten

- The german player isnt able to switch to instance six to ten and cannot see the chat of those instances

- The english player isnt able to switch to instance one to five and cannot see the chat of those instances

- The german player lists for PvP and gets queued in the global PvP queue, where all players on BigServ can queue

I think that there will be none lag problems with one big server, because hero engine stores the instances on different instance servers in an "cloud" based system.

We need this or some other solution, because the servers are dying with the lack of population.

P.S. sorry for my english, im an bavarian ( Munich, Oktoberfest, Lederhosn ) player :D

/sign

this. sometimes there are less than 100, lvl 55 on repside at primetime. rated pvp? it doesnt exist on JKS...

im tired of running normal warzones day in and day out, i want 4s and an "eu" competition. -.-

It's SUMMER, and Bioware has hit a two-month delay in launching their new expansion. You honestly think because a couple of queues didn't pop this will immediately mean server mergers? Absolutely not.

Wait another month til housing launches and summer wanes, and we'll see how the population is then.

It's SUMMER, and Bioware has hit a two-month delay in launching their new expansion. You honestly think because a couple of queues didn't pop this will immediately mean server mergers? Absolutely not.

Wait another month til housing launches and summer wanes, and we'll see how the population is then.

yeah, it will be great :rolleyes:, all we need is housing! ^^

Edited by Zourrn

Yeah...no.

It's not urgent and they aren't dying.

I'm on ToFN, the least populated one of all the EU servers and there are still 2-3 fleet instances at night and 1-2 during the day. The PVP queues pop within 2-3mins and PVE queues pop time depends on your role which won't change with a cross-server queue because there will still be more DPS than Healers and Tanks.

But even if they were dying and cross-server queues were a must-do, your suggestion still makes no sense. Isn't the point of dedicated English-French-German servers that you'll be able to communicate with the people you queue with?

Say I don't speak German (and I don't :p) and say you don't speak English. How exactly are we supposed to work together to win the WZ if we can't understand each other?

And, lastly, what's the point of having more people in one big server if you aren't going to allow them to interact besides warzones and FPs/OPs?

LoL! It's your joke or?

I see long time 1 or 2 fleet's and the fleet 2 have 20-40 ppl's not more. Last seen 3 fleets in year 2013 october-november.

And u play never RWZ or GSF, right?

Not really what u mean...

And yes it's summer time but this problem exist longer and we have never summer all time this year. Or one example for you, beginning here to read from 02.02.2014 , 06:03 PM | #132. (02.02 not summer time ;))

And housing bring no more players to RWZ or for GSF.

Edited by romfis

My guilds gone from around 35-40 to about 7-12 online during peak hours over this month, sure some of its due to summer but most simply lost interest (same bosses and scenery over and over despite the increased levels of difficulty gets mind-numbing after a while, the pvpers just got burnt out) and granted fleet numbers are still high, when more than 50% of your guild trickles off the game starts to feel a little empty.

As for the expansion, never really saw the point to housing in games like swtor though that might depend on what exactly you can do with it, if its purely cosmetic then it just seems pointless to me (afk spot?). Hopefully there's more to this expansion than just housing and guild ships (hoping that too isnt just a gimmick).

... The idea is to merge all EU servers to an big one and jail the different languages to their own instances with their own chat. So, they can queue all into one PvP/GSF Queue with an optional switch to queue only with ppl on their instances....

/sign

Sad that the population needs Expansions for the game to be playable with other people. When the game is in down time between updates it's dead and can't find a group to save your life. But no it's fine cause we'll have a month and a half of solid Population when housing arrives...

People must not read the info BioWare provides, BioWare is no longer supporting the EU Servers, this means, aside from client side patch's and expansions, there will be nothing else, what that means is what ever patch's and such the US server gets, then the EU server will also get.... if the US server don't need it, the EU server wont be getting it, its that simple.