which is the best adap. armor set for sniper ?

HeduarC

Really depends on what you're after.

My Sniper is (trying to be) more Imperial Spec Ops* rather than James Bond. So for her, I'm using the Imperial Trooper armor from the Collector's Edition vendor, with a Phantom helmet (which is slicker and more 'spec ops' looking than the standard Imperial Trooper helmet).

Pic can be found: Here.

That said if you don't have access to the CE vendor that armor is a no-go. Another option is (if you've bought it before it vanished) the Gold Scalene armor - it has a a cyberpunky vibe to it imo that really makes it fit for a certain kind of agent. All that said, what suits your character is probably wildly different than what suits mine; I recommend experimenting - use the preview window liberally, try different combinations to find what you like before you spend credits or cartel coins.

*Kind of an opposite number to the Republic Trooper.

Republic makeb trooper gear is probably what I'll use for my sniper when I get around to it. Black-black dye is ideal, probably won't waste the money on it for mine though, seeing as I don't play him currently.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the Clandestine Officer's set (seems to be a favorite here) with the Primordial Sniper (really like the look, looks like a scoped AK-47)

Another good pick (this is the outfit I use on my gunslinger for PvE) is the Troublemaker Duster (I have it dyed white/white). Granted this does look a little better with twin pistols (especially since I use twin revolvers on my slinger), but it is still a good look for a sniper in my mind.

Republic makeb trooper gear is probably what I'll use for my sniper when I get around to it. Black-black dye is ideal, probably won't waste the money on it for mine though, seeing as I don't play him currently.

Another nice set is that Republic Makeb trooper set with a green/darkgreen dye (not sure which order). Just remember to get the reverse version of the dye and apply it to the boots, because they unify incorrectly. You could also pull off a desert sniper look, though I'm not sure how many light brown dyes there are.

My operative uses the green set, though he's very low level and not usually played. If you're looking for a Battlefield 3 look, though, this is it.

Edited by idnewton

I like Vendetta set except for the boots: image.

Now if only I could find Imperial uniform cap that would be wearable by companions -- but it doesn't seem to exist.

How is your Vendetta Jacket black? Mine is white. Does it come in multiple colors, or did you dye it?

I like Vendetta set except for the boots: image.

Now if only I could find Imperial uniform cap that would be wearable by companions -- but it doesn't seem to exist.

Hey DRMM, What rifle is that, I like the laser sight look! Also, where did you pick it up???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was using the white scalene set and a primordial sniper rifle until recently, I switched to the entire RV-03 Speedsuit set and an MR-36 sniper rifle. I like that the chest piece for that set has a metal plate and leather shoulder-band right where the rifle butt sets. I prefer the black / blue dye with this set since it matches the lights coming off the MR-36.

There will be an iteration of that rifle in the next 2 / 3 cartel packs that will add a lightning arc between the needle under the scope and the muzzle. If the color there is based off of the color crystal, I'll probably go blue / white instead.

I'll get some screenshots on later.

Edited by CharlieBrown

Really depends on what you're after.

My Sniper is (trying to be) more Imperial Spec Ops* rather than James Bond. So for her, I'm using the Imperial Trooper armor from the Collector's Edition vendor, with a Phantom helmet (which is slicker and more 'spec ops' looking than the standard Imperial Trooper helmet).

Pic can be found: Here.

That said if you don't have access to the CE vendor that armor is a no-go. Another option is (if you've bought it before it vanished) the Gold Scalene armor - it has a a cyberpunky vibe to it imo that really makes it fit for a certain kind of agent. All that said, what suits your character is probably wildly different than what suits mine; I recommend experimenting - use the preview window liberally, try different combinations to find what you like before you spend credits or cartel coins.

*Kind of an opposite number to the Republic Trooper.

If that is a look you are going for, one of the 3 sets I have for mine is the Mandalore set minus the helmet, and then got the legacy head piece from the Makeb rep vendor on Pub side. I am referring to the beret head piece. It has a high tech Spec Ops soldier feel to it. Otherwise the other two I've been using, 1 being more of an outback survivalist sniper type look is the Mira armor set (female sniper) with the Dynamic Vandal Hat (the flashing green parts match up with the color of the Mira set). Then my 3rd set being the RV-03 Speedsuit set either with the legacy Rep Beret from Pub side or with one of the headset type head pieces like the Adwpt Scout one. I'll try and get some screen shots tomorrow for it.