Patching...reinstalling...still not done after 9 hours

Jazulfi

Yuck

After mucking around with the 'getting rid of Bitraider' thing to sort out patching, (which didn't seem to help my download speeds at all) I decided to reinstall the game from scratch last night.

It's *still* installing now, 9 hours later, and is only at 58.61%. I can only play on the starter worlds at the moment.

I understand there have been problems, and hey, these things happen with mmos sometimes (remember the weekly 8 hour maintenance of yore?) but there is something not right about a download speed of 1.5mb/s when I know my connection is a perfectly good one.

There doesn't seem to be any real help or advice for this either - other than the usual 'have-you-checked-your-firewall/ISP/blah blah blah'. Yes I have done all those things and none of it helps or is relevant.

It's a bit infuriating that I've not only had to reinstall but also the process is made into a total bum-ache.

Does anyone have any real advice to resolve this? Is there really no official game torrent? Or EU mirror? Something?

Do you see the letters ST in the bottom left of your launcher? If so, you are still using bitraider, that's why it's slow.

Unfortunately, getting rid of bitraider didn't help with speed at all. I think it was only really helping people who's downloads were 'stuck.'

I got rid of bitraider last night and started a download (complete with reinstalling movies/assets/patches in sequence), and it was just as slow - still only between 1.5-2mb/s. The download was also behaving a little oddly - it would start an install, then start again. I didn't like the look of it so just began from scratch.

I don't remember the download/install I did 6 weeks ago, when I came back to the game, being this painful!

The other clue that you're still using BitRaider is that "I can only play on the starter worlds". That's the condition when bitraider has loaded all the content of the starter worlds, and will let you play them.

(Aside: it doesn't mean it has downloaded the graphical assets for non-starter-world gear, so if you kit out your character with CM gear, for example, you will find him to look ... strange.)

The other clue that you're still using BitRaider is that "I can only play on the starter worlds". That's the condition when bitraider has loaded all the content of the starter worlds, and will let you play them.

(Aside: it doesn't mean it has downloaded the graphical assets for non-starter-world gear, so if you kit out your character with CM gear, for example, you will find him to look ... strange.)

Yeah, I know I'm using bitraider - getting rid of it didn't help with speeds at all and it made the installation a bit weird. And frankly, I got fed up with starting and restarting a full-download. All this was before midnight last night when I first discovered I had patching problems. So I just went with a straightforward reinstall.

Still, we're now at 88.54%. I've tried getting rid of the bitraider .xfr files and ending the processes in task manager but that hasn't helped. I think that only works once it's fully downloaded?

Anyway, nearly there. *sigh*

Thanks for trying to help tho!

P.S. Just realised these posts are a bit garbled. I'm rather tired! But I promise I've tried all the steps and work arounds with bitraider as suggested in various threads here. I wanted them to work!

Edited by Jazulfi