Where Is It?

Kevinor

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with ya kevin, well said! :) ..oh and arena would be so damn nice! and as someone said , a Team deathmatch would be awesome to :D .. lets put our hopes in 2.2, it has to be the patch we are waiting for.

We should have a warzone for each planet in the game, at least.

This is very true... Even the same mides just on different backdrops would be coil. Why is there not a wz on city streets a la Coruscant?

new warzones

16 man as well as 8

warzones for teams and warzones for pugs, separate please for the enjoyment and challenge of all...this means you'll need to let teams with less than full, 8 at the mo, join so maybe 4's and 8's or even 2's too )SHRUG(

Its extremely good to play at the mo, just want to see the pvp aspect just pushed that lil bit now to make it EXCELLENT beyond comparison.

100% agree, pvp has been in serious decay for quite a while. The big Ilum revamp was a chance to encourage players pvp was a serious aspect of the game they wanted to support, in the end it was complete garbage. Ranked warzones first late, and now forever in pre-season with no indication that this will change. Slap on crappy performance in some warzones, and bugs that break any hope of having serious competitive play. Please throw pvp'ers a bone Bioware, we're part of the playerbase also.

It doesn't even HAVE to be a new Warzone.... but that to me seems to be the obvious thing for them to add.

But even if they would at least communicate some of their plans for the near future for PvP, let people make suggestions based on what they hear... just give us some idea what's happening.

Of course it's entirely possible they're not planning to add anything to PvP at all... the cynic in me will believe that's why they've been so quiet about PvP content, the optimist in me hopes they have a load of features and content incoming over the next few months but they've been unwilling to talk about it for one reason or another.

I absolutely agree. I love the PvP in this game despite it being much of a CCfest, and only came back (was a launch player) cause there's a new level cap and that means new PvP gear and new abilities to use in PvP. Was disappointed to find that there is only 1 new warzone and not much improvement to the overall PvP experience.

Bioware, I'm sure you can do better than this.

Its annoying because I love this game a lot more than any other MMO like WoW for example. I actually love the PVP just the lack of content is insane! James bond 1999 had more PVP maps on the PS1. I'm by no means a dev but cmon please stop with the 2.1 rise of the cartel packs and more love to PVP, this game would be so successful with arena type games. This thread like the 100's of other PVP threads will probably get ignored and the ones saying 'why can't my hood go over my maks?!?!?' will get answered but for the love of god I hope this PVP system gets a total revamp or Bioware will end up with probably half of its player base soon enough. Edited by ellrochell

Well, if Kevin is in forums complaining instead of pew pew in warzones there is a serious problem indeed. :D

2.0 gives me the impression that Bioware droped a small bone to PvP-ers.

A redesign to Expertise, a new Bolster and some class rebalance.

I don't know if the redesign to Expertise was needed and the Bolster is buged (confirmed by Bioware) and without any info about a fix. Needless to say we cannot know if the rebalance was succesfull since we don't know if the "Defeated by ultralolhigh damage" is intended or because of some Bolster bug.

So what we have? Three new PvP features with only one of them working properly and this one not necessary needed!

The bone was not only small. It was also half rotten.

Edited by Fearine

Does somebody have a link for this?

It was misread by me

so my above comment doesnt stand

(nonetheless they did say that bolster removal would be temporary .... i dont think that they will get Gree even back without bolster - then again it's Bioware)

Where?!

Where have you been?

How could you have possibly missed the biggest update???

It's been released already. This years MASSIVE PvP update, has already been released!!!

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree - that was over a freaking year of development to "fix" OW PvP on Ilum. That was it!!!! There are no more plans for PvP in 2013. They want PvP to happen "organically", meaning, 55's in full expertise gear, go around and gank any player who doesn't have it.

If you read the full OP you can see he excluded Ilum.

And Ilum wasnt a bigshot pvp update, it was a different kind of Black Hole

Awesome post Kevin

Yesterday I was talking with friend who quitted not long ago (Castidad) and we were saying the same thing... this game have such potential for PvP as well as PvE... but it seems that they want to lose customers in purpose... it has no sense.

You can queue with 4 friends for wz... why don't you design 3-4 small maps for 4vs4? Adding some rating to it too so you don't need to find 8 people to be able to do rated. How many teams are not doing rated just because they don't have enough players?

In 4 vs 4 you could play morning, afternoon and night as hardcore PvPer... 8 vs 8 people you just can't make it because we all have a life outside the game.

There were way more pvpers earlier in the game, but they are leaving little by little because BW is killing the PvP.

Please stop killing PvP, give us a reason to stay... because we really want to, but you're making it SO hard that even Kevin had to post...

Cheers

A while ago, an announcement was already made that, for now, the PVP Developers would focus on developing new or improved systems for current PVP instead of focusing on delivering new warzones. Bolster was one of those new systems, one that removed the huge gear gap (once it works bug-free).

Probably the next major system will be improving Ranked Warzones? Or possibly changing the PUG matchmaking to solve some issues like premades and teams of new players being steamrolled? Or something else we haven't considered entirely yet?

PVP is still being developed, just looking at warzones being delivered is a PVE-ers mindset to PVP.

Noone said pvp is not being developed. But where is the content? They specifically announced in the past, that we "could expect new warzones and pvp content on a regular basis" - wth happened to that?

And where is this announcement that says they will only focus on balance and systems for now?

Just focusing on bugfixes, balancing and systems doesn't cut it in the long run. Ranked or not, 5 different warzones (Of which i think most ppl hate at least 1) is by no means enough for pvp content after 1,5 years.

They need to give us more pvp content, it really is as simple as that. Im actively looking for new MMO's and the minute i find one that appeals to me, im out of here - and im sure many others are in the same situation. This could change though, but only if they start making pvp content as originally announced.

BioWare needs to throw out a pvp roadmap for this year and the first half of 2014. If they don't do this, i have no faith that they will deliver anything worthwhile during this period either.

Well said Kevin, i think you voiced the thoughts of every PVP'er on SWTOR in that post. There's not much more i can add that has not already been said by others in the thread.

Lets just hope they do recognise our concerns, it's never good for servers to lose hardcore PVP guilds:(

OP, you forgot that we also got a few new sets of gear to re-grind. I'm pretty sure the devs consider new tiers of gear to grind new PvP content. ;)

I think we just need to come to terms that this game will never have good enough PvP content, after all this is BW's first mmo and they have no experience with pvp. If you can get past pvp it really is a good game, but for us pvpers, a warzone a year and new tiers of gear falls way short of expectations.

Deteriorating performance and ever increasing server lag doesn't help much either.

Edited by Monterone

A new huttball warzone would have fit perfectly with the release of rise of the hutt cartel. :(

Makeb Mesas. Crumbling levels. Mining lances that fry chokepoints occasionally. Pools of molten rock/Isotope-5. Hutts making wagers on which of their slave miners survive. Would still be cool.

BW seem to want to make each map different though - in the sense of a different mechanic - so I guess they're not keen on reskins. And imagine the whining from some quarters if 2 out of 6 maps were huttball rather than 1 out of 5.

But just for the record, I don't care about arenas.

Edited by Wainamoinen

seems everyone is on the same page accept for BW,and it's not like we are just hating and trolling on the game we all know it is a good game,and we love it we just want more pvp plain and simple let the PVE'ers complain for a while. i notice in any MMO if you Concentrate to much on PVE people will leave and i feel this is what is happening now

This thread has so much truth in that I'm not sure Bioware can handle it.

I think I've already said it somewhere else: PvPers are the less demanding and the more loyal players. When you make us leave like you do, it just means something is really wrong in your way of doing things... and it's pretty clear what if you look at the OP list of releases.

Stop touching the PvP system and making it worse and worse with every patch and *********** ADD NEW CONTENT. And no, Ilum stupid half PvE grinding event does not count as new content because to gank people you can simply go to Tattooine and be done with it, *********** up old sets and putting new ones doesn't count as new content, just as a pain in the ***. What does count? I wouldn't go for lag fest world PvP, this game can't support that kind of stuff, so Warzones added, Cross server queues, Season 1 of RWZ, Arenas, even RWZ for less people... but if you have to choose one, please, let that be NEW MAPS.

Anyway I'm hopeless about all this... even if they see our point, how much are they tied up to continue at the same pace... probably they already have a calendary for the rest of the year and 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc will be what it is already scheduled to be. In one year time simply and probably, it won't matter how much of these thread you want to take into account because we will all be already somewhere else.

I hope I am wrong though.

Edited by TheHybris

...PvPers are the less demanding and the more loyal players. ....

Hmmm.

I must have imagined the continuous, ear-splitting, often-clueless whinefest, and never mind the suggestions about devs' competence, bias and general cleanliness.

I'm all for more, and fresh, content. But let's not lose all tenuous grip on reality: when Obi-Wan called Mos Eisley the most wretched hive of scum and villainy, he was actually thinking of the SWTOR PvP forums.

Edited by Wainamoinen