Avid gamers opinion here. Lol

mortensen

I've been a hardcore gamer since UO. I played WoW since beta up until a few months ago, when I deleted all of my characters. Also bought, and played every MMO that has been released in between till now. I just need to get a few things off my chest.

I'm sick of ******** kids that think they are hot **** l33t gamers. When in reality 90% of the people that play MMO's anymore are kids with no actual passion towards the game, and walk around keyturning in their free epics they got because crybabies get anything they want on the internet... Because frankly PC gaming has turned into a bunch of crying emo kids.

HEAR MY PLEA BIOWARE. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE GAME WATERED DOWN, AND SUPPLY INFINITE GEAR AT LITTLE TO NO EFFORT. That's all I ask.... Keep the joy of reward in the game, casual to hardcore. Don't gotta give people who play 2 hours a week the best item in the game by gathering 4 things and handing them in, for them to feel accomplished.

I just feel that's where WoW turned away most of the hardcore players... And here we sit waiting for a game to sweep us off of our feet, like vanilla WoW did. Nothing was more accomplishing then spending a month playing a game you love, to finally craft your first Arcanite Reaper. Keep the passion in the game :(

It took forever to level in original EQ.....made all that time and hard work leveling mean even more...atleast to me

Not saying it should be like that....but not to easy like WoW became.

FFXI was similar. Leveling was a huge grind, could literally take weeks or months to hit the cap, and you felt truly rewarded for hitting the cap. Especially with multiple characters/classes.

Would I do it again though? Not a chance.\

While its true, WoW does give away a lot good gear, people exaggerate the actual amount of gear that WoW "gives away". People who truly know, understand that its usually old gear, from the prior tier. You can't actually get the "best" gear through Justice Points. Valor Points may net you a handful of current up-to-date pieces, but you will never ever outgear or be evenly geared with someone in Heroic gear, it is literally impossible to do.

Edited by PaintOnASign

I agree the game should bring a challenge to all groups in order to reach even slightly better gear than quest-stuff.

I'm sick of ******** kids that think they are hot **** l33t gamers.

That's what you sound like aswell, very mature :S

P.S. Doesn't make you a kid or immature player if you keyboard turn, as ugly as it looks and feels I've got a 34-year-old friend who's always been doing that. Never stops to amaze me how he manages tough raiding situations in various games but he just does.

Well said Op. Every MMO I have played, and that's in the dozen or so range, has watered down the content from launch. Making it so easy a "Caveman" could do it.

So far it's as easy as I would like it to be, any easier and it would be boring. I make it harder by doing the min level for the quest. And honestly, it still could be harder in some areas. ;)

Look to LoTRO for a great example of how a game started off epic in scale and content, then because a first graders only type of game.

Edited by Daeborn

P.S. Doesn't make you a kid or immature player if you keyboard turn, as ugly as it looks and feels I've got a 34-year-old friend who's always been doing that. Never stops to amaze me how he manages tough raiding situations in various games but he just does.

It's really more of a PvP thing imo. You can't seriously PvP using the keyboard to turn. It's just way too slow. But definitely helpful for PvE too. I think it can be done, but its just so much easier to mouse turn.

It's really more of a PvP thing imo. You can't seriously PvP using the keyboard to turn. It's just way too slow. But definitely helpful for PvE too. I think it can be done, but its just so much easier to mouse turn.

Keybinding is part of gaming to me I guess. Your reaction time is 100x better using skills and abilities. I have taught all of my friends to keybind as soon as they pick up an mmo lol. :D

I use both keyboard and mouse. And the game mechanics allow you to auto-turn anyway.

If whiny *****es from this board tried to enjoy such a game at least they would grow some hair on their pristine balls.

I used to even be one of those people who feared a game mode with permadeath.

Until I learned the joy of victory when you really have something to lose.

Only a game with permadeath can actually create the emotion of fear. No other game can create true fear.

I've seen quite a few people complaining about a lack of mods and LFG tool in the starter areas and on Coru, but it hasn't degraded into a flame war at any point. There are usually a few polite responses, some references to forums threads, and then any trollers see that no one will feed into their entitlement rants and get quiet. This has been the greatest gaming experience I've had in many many years simply because there is a high level of civility and maturity present in the online community.