Legendary Crafting

azarath

I am currently working on Artifice with my main and Biochem on my alt, and i have been able to create all the way up to relic level items, but no matter how many relics I RE, I can't get a Legendary schematic.

Has anyone else been able to craft a legendary item?

okay I am level 17 haven't left DK yet and have reached Relic level on all of the available color crystals for tier one Artifice. It wouldn't make sense to get a level 7 legendary yellow crystal or red crystal from a raid drop.

DK's world boss would have to be the source of that schematic or item drop if what you say is true.

I think I messed up, but there is also a miscommunication here.

Here is the color code -

ray: Low-quality items that have no practical value to you but can be sold to vendors for some Credits. Your companion will sell these if you select the Sell Junk option.

White: A common low-quality item or equipment that gives no boost to stats. Health and recovery items are in this category.

Green: Premium or uncommon items and equipment that give you a small stat boost.

Blue: These items (usually labeled Prototypes) increase your stats more than green items. They can be modified to boost their general attributes.

Purple: These powerful items (sometimes labeled Artifacts) have additional effects on top of increased stats.

Yellow: Special mission-specific items obtained during a mission.

Orange: These custom items can be fitted with a range of item modifications.

What are you calling legendary/relic? Purple?

I think I messed up, but there is also a miscommunication here.

Here is the color code -

ray: Low-quality items that have no practical value to you but can be sold to vendors for some Credits. Your companion will sell these if you select the Sell Junk option.

White: A common low-quality item or equipment that gives no boost to stats. Health and recovery items are in this category.

Green: Premium or uncommon items and equipment that give you a small stat boost.

Blue: These items (usually labeled Prototypes) increase your stats more than green items. They can be modified to boost their general attributes.

Purple: These powerful items (sometimes labeled Artifacts) have additional effects on top of increased stats.

Yellow: Special mission-specific items obtained during a mission.

Orange: These custom items can be fitted with a range of item modifications.

What are you calling legendary/relic? Purple?

Who ever said there even were legendary/relic items? Until someone gets one most likely in an end game raid there's no knowing if it even exists.

According to how they are labeled in the GTN when I did a search of my own product is the following

Premium (Green)

Prototype(Blue)

Relic (purple)

Legendary (Orange)

The crystals that I have created fall under relic category according to the GTN and i am trying to obtain the next higher rank which would be Legendary.

If you doubt it, IF you are on the Anchorhead Server check the GTN under the name Talonis that is if they are still there.

According to how they are labeled in the GTN when I did a search of my own product is the following

Premium (Green)

Prototype(Blue)

Relic (purple)

Legendary (Orange)

The crystals that I have created fall under relic category according to the GTN and i am trying to obtain the next higher rank which would be Legendary.

If you doubt it, IF you are on the Anchorhead Server check the GTN under the name Talonis that is if they are still there.

Orange is not legendary, Orange is fully moddable items. Legendary item in SWTOR is Royal Blue with purple lining. This was clarified by the staff / developer before the wipe about the crafting change.

Premium (Green)

Prototype(Blue)

Relic (purple)

Legendary (Orange)

Basically, they haven't updated the GTN text yet. Orange isn't Legendary, it is custom. There is no legendary (there may be Legacy at some point, but that's totally different).

You should also consider the possibility that legendary schematics do not exist for the items you are crafting, especially the low level versions.

Honestly it was more of an issue of when I should stop RE and start selling, because IF this is the case then I have wasted several mats trying to RE to next tier.

If I'm reading this correctly, the OP wants to be able to learn to craft 'orange' quality light saber crystals with artifice by reverse engineering the purple quality ones. The flaw here is, of course, that 'orange' denotes modifiable equipment (not just a higher quality), and a crystal, by default, is not modifiable (being the mod that gets put IN a modifiable item). Therefore, reverse engineering a purple crystal would not yield a higher quality pattern, nor will you find any as drops. Does this answer your question, or did I miss the point?

• 3 weeks later...

I too have made countless attempts to reverse engineer (RE) my crafted armor, as of yet (or at least to my knowledge) there has been no report of crafting legendary items. This does not rule out the possibility however. My stance on this question is when I wish to RE items, I sell some and RE the rest, at least that way I get something for my efforts.

It seems to me that Bioware are keeping this a mystery, (as from what I've read from players, that their responses are sparse on this topic). This to me, makes me believe that the possibilty does exist, even if the chances of achieving this are 'almost impossible'. I am nearly confident that this is true because surely Bioware would confirm this rather than have players waste all their resources for nothing other than the crew XP, this again can be countered when a player maxes out that particlar skill, and is otherwise RE'ing for nothing.

Untill it is proven, I will continue to RE and perhaps be able to shed some light one day :)

Belansus

• 4 weeks later...

I saw only one 'legendary' item

The blaster that gives Blizz during BH Hoth missions

It has great stats (for its level), fully customazable. Unfotunately, when I udgraded

it with 50 lvl mods, it had a bit better damage, but I prefered my Endowment blaster instead anyway.

Still really doubt if I can craft such blaster by reingeneering purple items. Anyway it would require some 'legendary' ingridient, is it so?

P.S. the color of it was violet (much darker than purple (epic)items).

I saw only one 'legendary' item

The blaster that gives Blizz during BH Hoth missions

It has great stats (for its level), fully customazable. Unfotunately, when I udgraded

it with 50 lvl mods, it had a bit better damage, but I prefered my Endowment blaster instead anyway.

Still really doubt if I can craft such blaster by reingeneering purple items. Anyway it would require some 'legendary' ingridient, is it so?

P.S. the color of it was violet (much darker than purple (epic)items).

I'm using that same blaster on my lvl 50 bounty hunter. I upgraded the barrel to a 49 purple Advanced Reflex Barrel 22 and other lvl 49 purple mods from dailies and it has 237-441 Energy Damage now. I think it's pretty sweet I've been able to use it so long.

I'm pretty skeptical that we will be able to craft legendary mods. Hilts on the other hand possibly in the future.

Edited by Akella