Kuat Drive Yards: Rare Elite Defenders are too rare!

I've already seen several complaints, and I myself have only seen 1 Rare Defender in about 20 runs.

Getting 12 KDY construction kits for the mount is too difficult a task at the current spawn rate. It's as if the Devs intend for us to purchase the KDY kits 2nd hand fr 1m+ each.

What's up BW, can we get this fixed soon?:rak_02:

Edited by ViciousFett

I also see no issue here. I'm seeing a KDY Construction Kit drop every other run and managed to get 4 in ~14 runs.

If we assume you get a blue reputation token only on each run you will need anywhere between 101 and 112 runs to reach Legend (required to buy the mount).

Ideally you would want to get 1 KDY Construction Kit every 10 runs. This is very easy if you solo the flashpoint, in fact know people who are already way over 12. If you run in a 4 people group however you are adding RNG to the RNG and may be a bit harder.

In any case both Legend reputation and rewards are not something to be taken lightly and shouldn't be easy to obtain.

Can you please define "too rare", and what are your assumptions ?

Remember the following when you will give me an answer:

1) There are no limit on the number of tries you can make per any amount of time per character.

2) Flashpoint can be ran on 15-55 characters and it is role neutral (ie waiting time is severely reduced).

3) Flashpoint is not part of an event (it is not going anywhere).

4) Purple loot items are not character bound.

Edited by znihilist

I've already seen several complaints, and I myself have only seen 1 Rare Defender in about 20 runs.

Getting 12 KDY construction kits for the mount is too difficult a task at the current spawn rate. It's as if the Devs intend for us to purchase the KDY kits 2nd hand fr 1m+ each.

What's up BW, can we get this fixed soon?:rak_02:

There is 1 defender per scenario ... to see 1 in 20 runs you doing something wrong.

Every run I have killed 1 (bonus quest).

Not all of them drop kits... but every scenario have 1.

There is 1 defender per scenario ... to see 1 in 20 runs you doing something wrong.

Every run I have killed 1 (bonus quest).

Not all of them drop kits... but every scenario have 1.

The named (human) elite defenders always drop a kit, the droids do not.

In the 14 solo-scenarios I farmed tonight, I saw a named defender 3 times and got a kit from all 3. So I'd guess the drop rate is somewhere around 20%, as it is with similar currency drops.

It would be interesting to know if groups have a higher chance of getting a named defender. If not, since you'd have a 1-in-4 chance of getting each one, your actual acquisition rate could be as low as 5%. But since they are relatively easy to farm for geared 78s, I'd guess they will be readily available on the GTN for 30-40k each in short order.

The named (human) elite defenders always drop a kit, the droids do not.

In the 14 solo-scenarios I farmed tonight, I saw a named defender 3 times and got a kit from all 3. So I'd guess the drop rate is somewhere around 20%, as it is with similar currency drops.

It would be interesting to know if groups have a higher chance of getting a named defender. If not, since you'd have a 1-in-4 chance of getting each one, your actual acquisition rate could be as low as 5%. But since they are relatively easy to farm for geared 78s, I'd guess they will be readily available on the GTN for 30-40k each in short order.

Yep got that, 1 per scenario but not 1 named per scenario ... named are rare spawn.

Groups are screwed at least at low level, 5% is good approximation.

It would go as Tauntaun data and BHW contracts - some will grind to sell, some will buy... hype will fall and market will stabilize.

Edited by morfius