Crafting critical amplifiers?

Benirons

Do they work properly?

I have gotten like a near 50 critical rate boost on my gear for biochem, and what im finding is that especially the more difficult stuff to make like the purple cell grafts and the reusable grade 11 medpac, simply refuse to crit. I think i got like a handful of crits on the purple things. None on the reusable.

But compare that to the basic green stuff u can craft. Those seem to crit almost all the time (as expected, though im not sure if 50 critical rate actually means 50% chance?). Yes i have a small sample size on the hard stuff, cause this stuff is annoying to craft, so pls dont get me started.

So what is going on here? Is it really a thing that higher tier schematics crit less often?

Edited by Benirons

• 3 weeks later...
Same with mme, my Companion is level 50 as hight as possible, Critical amplifiers on 64 and so far only a few lucky ones craftiong green Items, "0" on blue Purple or gold level.

So this does not really work does it.

I do get doubles on blues and purples (haven't really crafted anything gold). Not as many as like perhaps but I do get them regularly. And I don't even have amps on 64. I do use r50 companions.

Base crit rates for orange skill level items have always been lower than non-orange items before modifiers such and companions and guild perks, and just about everything except the green assemblies is orange.

The also might have reduced it further - they clearly reduced success chance for all missions across the board as previously grey skill level missions which could not fail now fail on a regular basis.

Also as far as I can tell, the +crit amplifiers provide little benefit, and any benefit provided is against the base crit rates before modifiers such as companion influence and guild perks.

They for sure are NOT a flat additive modifier with a 1:1 equivalency, so a +10 crit is NOT going to improve your crit chance by 10%.

Of course none of this is documented nor displayed in game, which is an issue in of itself.

Edited by DawnAskham

From what I have seen they do nothing. I have an armstech with +82 to crit and a biochem with +0, and 8 level 50 companions on both. When I craft green components they start out at 44% crit rate but the more I make the lower the rate gets. On blues same thing but start around a 25% crit rate. Purples is even worse, and the purple augments I have made 14 and not crit on any.

I’d just like to know how they stack or if these even do? Until we actually know how any crafting amplifiers are supposed work, we can’t see if they are doing their job or not. The same goes for the combat amps.

Bioware have been very silent on exactly how the amps work when stacked.

I’ve currently got a full “yellow” amp set for every profession and gathering, as well as an influence set to help lvl up comps affection. (Fyi, you only need the mods to make the sets and of course ear, implants, relics)

The only one I know works for sure is the influencer set because you can test the difference if giving a gift with the set on and with it off.

I’ve yet to see much difference between having a crafting set or gathering set equiped or not having one on.

I’d just like to know how they stack or if these even do? Until we actually know how any crafting amplifiers are supposed work, we can’t see if they are doing their job or not. The same goes for the combat amps.

Bioware have been very silent on exactly how the amps work when stacked.

I’ve currently got a full “yellow” amp set for every profession and gathering, as well as an influence set to help lvl up comps affection. (Fyi, you only need the mods to make the sets and of course ear, implants, relics)

The only one I know works for sure is the influencer set because you can test the difference if giving a gift with the set on and with it off.

I’ve yet to see much difference between having a crafting set or gathering set equiped or not having one on.

The +success amplifiers appear to work, I rarely if ever fail missions with a full set - though I do not have enough data to state that with certainty, nor to state what failure rate is being used post 6.0 and / or exactly how the +success affects the failure rate.

The +crit and +efficiency are garbage as far as i can tell, with minimal to no effect when used with high level comps.

Edited by DawnAskham

The +success amplifiers appear to work, I rarely if ever fail missions with a full set - though I do not have enough data to state that with certainty, nor to state what failure rate is being used post 6.0 and / or exactly how the +success affects the failure rate.

The +crit and +efficiency are garbage as far as i can tell, with minimal to no effect when used with high level comps.

Until someone from BioWare clarifies how these are working, I'm assuming they are not working properly and are bugged. Which means don't bother with anything except the +success amps for crew skill missions.

I've a strong feeling they adjusted the base values lower to accommodate for the % chance on the new amps, much like it seems they have with the +success amps.

Zero data to support, definitely can't be bothered to waste my credits and time until BioWare clarify how crafting amps are working.