Close the gap skill now!

OrionSol

im pretty sure one of the spec's get talents that affect it before they even get it. IMO, harpoon and blitz should be flip-flopped, else just make charge much lower than 59... but I'm sure if this happened; then shadows would likely be upset that they dont get their blink till much later, too...

i think most, but not all, core abilities (stuns, interrupts etc.) have been adequately homogenized across each class, However, each class has one or two cool / core abilities that have a drastic affect on playstyle as a whole; and i believe they should be moved much lower level; so people get a good and proper 'feel' for a class before investing so far.... like Blitz... maybe both op/sniper rolls; maybe saber reflect.. etc etc...

as mentioned, blitz being so high level is likely from older button bloat days where you still had a choice of abilities to engage with at 30m as a vanguard... Most of the others i suspect are intentionally high level as a device to ensure that freebie players have (had? depends on level) to sub to try them...

I'd love it if blitz was moved lower; but until then (if ever) i'll be heavily reliant on rocket boosting into every pack when i play the lil vanguard alt... which at least feels slightly less ridiculous than stealth rocket boosting into position on the stealth alts... heh...

Maybe charge isn't an iconic and identity-defining ability for PTs then. Relatively early on you'll get your pull & Hold The Line/Hydraulics, which both serve as gapclosers. Also, your abilities are still 10m range, so PTs are not *really* a melee spec the way knights/warriors are. Often times you'll need to walk to your next target while still attacking your previous one, in order to be in range of your next target as soon as possible.

Even from the launch of the game, the 30m range abilities that a PT had access to were mostly trash. The only thing that has changed since then is the mobility creep. Now, all classes seem to get important mobility skills late in the game (sorcs get phasewalk, sins get shadowstep, mercs get jet blink, snipers get roll/phasewalk, operatives get roll/shadowstep), so its mostly fair.

But I agree, PT (especially AP/Tactics) is the most mind-numbingly boring spec in the game