#makepubsidegreatagain

joshfoust

Are you bored of the games PvP?

Do you feel like it's too easy?

Are you one of those l33t players who que with a full trinity group just for the point of getting that one match against rp pubs?

Well it's time to make a change.

Make the world a better place by queing pubside and take the pubside challenge. Bring your friends from impside, make that group on pubside, and smash the imps.

I tell you what, Imp players are some of the saltiest kids I've ever met. By doing this one simple task, you too can receive hate tells, death threats, verbal abuse, and more from the l33t players of Imp side.

Take the pubside challenge. Make that change. Be the Hero Pubside needs.

Google #makepubsidegreatagain for more info.

Watched your youtube videos. Some nice and funny montage out there.

I think it should develop as a new trend on all of the servers.

I finally made myself try out sages (the only AC I was not playing just because there are too many of them) and I’ve been winning 9 out of 10 matches in lobbies last four days. It’s not me carrying the team though, just a coincidence - playing a spec that feels like cheating (Balance atm) and almost always winning.

Watched your youtube videos. Some nice and funny montage out there.

I think it should develop as a new trend on all of the servers.

I finally made myself try out sages (the only AC I was not playing just because there are too many of them) and I’ve been winning 9 out of 10 matches in lobbies last four days. It’s not me carrying the team though, just a coincidence - playing a spec that feels like cheating (Balance atm) and almost always winning.

Haha thanks :)

There a loads of sages out there true haha, but winning on pubside has a different feel compared to winning on impside. At least for me.

However, if you're winning nearly everytime, then its probably not coincidence.....:p

I tell you what, Imp players are some of the saltiest kids I've ever met. By doing this one simple task, you too can receive hate tells, death threats, verbal abuse, and more from the l33t players of Imp side.

I'll pass then, thanks all the same. Also....

saltiest kids

.... they sweat a lot? What? :p

I dunno about you, but Ebon Hawk could use the opposite. Pubside pvpers absolutely destroy impside in a majority of the games. As a pub main, I often feel bad at how badly we spank the enemy; this isn't even as premade either, although those are very frequent.

I used to main pubside as well. So, that's not true, it's actually rather even but can vary depending on the time of day - for example a match last night:

http://imgur.com/a/LVwRv

Incidentally we were facing a premade but I won't name their guild name.

Edited by RACATW

When exactly was pubside "Great"?

Was this before women could be jedi? When their bodies were deemed too "frail" to do anything but take care of the homestead? When they couldn't even vote in the galactic senate and were chased down and ostracized for wearing revealing slave outfits? Or was it when wookies had to use separate restaurants, buses, and water fountains than humans? When they could be denied employment or the opportunity to serve in the armed forces- merely on the basis of their fur? Maybe when twi'leks were told to use the bathroom corresponding to the number and length of lekku, rather than which makes them feel safe?

Or maybe you mean when it was "cool" for children across the core worlds to heckle and ridicule Ithorians for their beautiful crescent head-necks, or systemic stereotyping of gamoreans as "stupid" and "not wanting them in 'MY' neighborhood".

Pubside was never great, so dispense with your rose-tinted glasses. We can, however, learn from our mistakes and be better as a civilization. Maybe then we can win the hearts and minds of our Imperial brothers and sisters and validate the Core Worlds as the land of opportunity and cultural diversity, regardless of past transgressions.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Are you bored of the games PvP?

Do you feel like it's too easy?

Are you one of those l33t players who que with a full trinity group just for the point of getting that one match against rp pubs?

Well it's time to make a change.

Make the world a better place by queing pubside and take the pubside challenge. Bring your friends from impside, make that group on pubside, and smash the imps.

Take the pubside challenge. Make that change. Be the Hero Pubside needs.

Google #makepubsidegreatagain for more info.

LoL, good post.. It's pretty much what I did 7 months ago.. I'd always had both imp and rep pvp toons.. But imps got stale and crusty.. Reps is so much better and much less salty. Reps are friendly and no rage at their own team mates. They try to play as a team too and help each other. Wether it's running interference when you see one of your fellow dps guys getting mobbed or helping with gear questions. Really, the only bad experiences I've had are when imps reroll rep toons and haven't yet learnt that reps won't put up with their salty, rage, and rubbish/stupid responses to tactical discussions or advice of people trying to help. Most reps shut them down really quick and come to the other persons defence. It's like a complete reversal of imp behaviour.

So if you are an imp who is rerolling a rep, don't bring the imp attitude with you. You'll be in the minority and people will go out of their way to avoid you. It's the refreshing attitude that reps have that make it such a good environment.

Plus imp smashing while they trash talk you is just so satisfying. Saying nothing back and taking the moral high ground while teaching them a lesson on how to play pvp properly must really annoy them.

At first it was hard not to say something back at them. So I just used a seperate chat tab in pvp that has "say" and "general" channels disabled. If you can't see it, then you aren't tempted. But Ive learnt not to respond and I have them on occasionally for a laugh. Just seeing them having their salty temper tantrums and no one is responding is hilarious.

But most of the animations are better imp side... like force lightning.... and the dark side has... cookies...

Sages have an advantage though... Because their animations are harder to spot.. Especially AOEs... They don't have as big of a target on their heads saying "look at all my force lightning over here, please focus me"... LoL

I would rather be harder to spot than have cool animations that make you an easy target.

The dark side has cookies, but the light side has the milk to dunk them in 😉

Sages have an advantage though... Because their animations are harder to spot.. Especially AOEs... They don't have as big of a target on their heads saying "look at all my force lightning over here, please focus me"... LoL

I would rather be harder to spot than have cool animations that make you an easy target.

The dark side has cookies, but the light side has the milk to dunk them in 😉

Exactly.

When I'm guarding with my sage I see many players who come to take an off node facetanking me and I'm starting to think that's because they don't take that flying rocks and shiny spheres seriously. Until they see that their health is at 30% and my barrier is still up.:p

I absolutely love my shadow. Almost as much as my assassin.(which my assassin and my shadow are my two favorite toons)Sadly, a lot of the time when I queue up on her(even on Ebon Hawk)the pubs are usually just getting destroyed which doesn't make it any fun :(

Now I've been in some really fun matches pubside where we crushed the imps but I think the most fun matches are when the teams are evenly matched and it's a very close match.