Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help for a Tank (PVE)

OlosBC
02.06.2013 , 11:25 AM | #11
Stupid phone, sorry, double post.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Kitru
02.06.2013 , 11:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by alepiccolo View Post
Btw, why have rakata tank gears (i'm talking about ear and modules)got accuracy stat?
Because the developers had no clue what they were doing when they were placing stats on the raid gear at release (they pretty much admitted it when they released Black Hole gear). Even now, accuracy only really appears on tank gear when it's designed to be knowingly suboptimal (such as BH tank gear having a lot of accuracy whereas Camp doesn't). A developer stated that, apparently, part of their design ideology is that all tanks gain *some* benefit by having up to 10% Accuracy, but it's been pretty well shown that the "benefit" is less than you get from taking almost anything else instead of Accuracy, bar Alacrity (which has questionable benefits even for those classes that *do* take it since it increases damage by hurting resource maintenance).

As such Rakata gear still has Accuracy on it because of inertia (i.e. the devs don't want to change the stats on gear that's been around for a while) and higher tier has Accuracy on it thanks to either developer ignorance (about the actual effectiveness of Accuracy) or intention (so that there is always something to optimize for those of us that enjoy that aspect of the game).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.