1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

1.2 PvE Gear:

"Campaign" hard Raid Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

"Blackhole" Corellia Commendation Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

Whats the point of raiding in SWTOR when I can just run some faceroll dailies and get "hard mode" raid gear. :rolleyes:

Raiding in this game keeps getting worse not better. GW2 out yet? :rak_eek:

Edited by ValaxDarkseer

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This allows casual players to get some gear, as well as allowing people that have been shafted by loot to get something. The thing is, raiders are not supposed to be motivated by gear. People that want to raid should be motivated by challenge. Yes, this is unfavorable because of people's time and hard work spent to get that gear. Getting the second tier of gear isn't too bad though when we have 3 tiers.

1.2 PvE Gear:

"Campaign" hard Raid Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

"Blackhole" Corellia Commendation Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

Whats the point of raiding in SWTOR when I can just run some faceroll dailies and get "hard mode" raid gear. :rolleyes:

Raiding in this game keeps getting worse not better. GW2 out yet? :rak_eek:

Have making that grey armor die :D

Yeah I would totally rather grind mindless dailies for a week to get one piece of gear than run a cool new operation while earning that gear just for doing it. Picking up venom glands off Belsavis mobs like I've been doing for months is definitely really interesting compared to killing an AT-AT with a bunch of my friends.

Basically all you're admitting is that you don't play this game for fun, you only play it to press the lever and get your food pellet.

This allows casual players to get some gear, as well as allowing people that have been shafted by loot to get something. The thing is, raiders are not supposed to be motivated by gear. People that want to raid should be motivated by challenge. Yes, this is unfavorable because of people's time and hard work spent to get that gear. Getting the second tier of gear isn't too bad though when we have 3 tiers.

I agree that challenge should be the primary motivation for raiding.....of course since SWTOR raids arent challenging (unless Soa is bugged) that leaves us with only loot. Loot which we can now just run some crappy dailies and get "hard mode" epic loots.

This game just keeps getting worse. :csw_jabbapet:

This allows casual players to get some gear, as well as allowing people that have been shafted by loot to get something. The thing is, raiders are not supposed to be motivated by gearr. People that want to raid should be motivated by challenge. Yes, this is unfavorable because of people's time and hard work spent to get that gear. Getting the second tier of gear isn't too bad though when we have 3 tiers.

What MMO's have you played the past 10 years? The bolded statement is false with almost everyone I have talked to in any MMO I have played.

Take away the carrot on the stick and you take away the reason to raid.

So then a solo player should not be motivated by gear either then huh?

Just read elsewhere that Black Hole gear is obtained with black hole commendations (can see that much in screenshots) and black hole commendations are obtained in nightmare mode on current raids... and hardmode on the new raid content.

I dont know what corellia dailies give but it wont be the black hole gear i think

What MMO's have you played the past 10 years? The bolded statement is false with almost everyone I have talked to in any MMO I have played.

Take away the carrot on the stick and you take away the reason to raid.

World of Warcraft for 7 years. Yes, people are motivated by gear but that doesn't mean it's right.

Please clarify.

Is the gear available from dailies the highest of the new level(s) of gear?

Is all the gear available, or is it just a few pieces (rakata ear and implants are currently available from dailies)?

Edit: One more question. If all pieces are available, do they include the "set bonus", or is it like the current energized/exotech gear with the same stats but no bonus?

Edited by jmdatcs

Please clarify.

Is the gear available from dailies the highest of the new level(s) of gear?

Is all the gear available, or is it just a few pieces (rakata ear and implants are currently available from dailies)?

It is not the highest level of gear. I cannot be sure on the second part though

If Bioware does there were people can just go do quest for Raid Gear people will quit. I know once my guild read this they all made the choice that they will cancel subscriptions. Thats over 60 people right now, I also spoke a handful other raiding guilds a few that are near member cap. All their members too were debating to cancel their subs.

People that came here to RAID do not care to see people who DO NOT RAID in RAID GEAR. Go Raid if you want the gear its that simple.

If you want SOLO gear ask for Gear that is purple Has Endurance, your Primary Stat, and Presence. You do not need any other stats like Crit, or Hit, or any other stat that makes you better. Have 10000 Presence that makes your companion better, I do not care. You do not need to be top DPS, or Healer, or Tank you are not playing with other people.

People raid to make themselves better with gear and as a player. This is not done SOLO. Solo Players can cry all they want about wanting RAID GEAR, they do not deserve it and have not earned it by SOLO Content. Its RAID GEAR for a reason. PEOPLE RAID FOR IT, NOT SOLO!

If Bioware does there were people can just go do quest for Raid Gear people will quit. I know once my guild read this they all made the choice that they will cancel subscriptions. Thats over 60 people right now, I also spoke a handful other raiding guilds a few that are near member cap. All their members too were debating to cancel their subs.

People that came here to RAID do not care to see people who DO NOT RAID in RAID GEAR. Go Raid if you want the gear its that simple.

If you want SOLO gear ask for Gear that is purple Has Endurance, your Primary Stat, and Presence. You do not need any other stats like Crit, or Hit, or any other stat that makes you better. Have 10000 Presence that makes your companion better, I do not care. You do not need to be top DPS, or Healer, or Tank you are not playing with other people.

People raid to make themselves better with gear and as a player. This is not done SOLO. Solo Players can cry all they want about wanting RAID GEAR, they do not deserve it and have not earned it by SOLO Content. Its RAID GEAR for a reason. PEOPLE RAID FOR IT, NOT SOLO!

Can we get some QQ up in here? Wow.

Who ever said you have to raid to get the best gear?

no one.

If you enjoy raiding, then raid.

I am not sure why the raid community feels entitled to the best gear becuase they raid.

Why do the hard mode and nightmare mode raids?

Because they are fun and entertaining to do in their own right.

Who ever said you have to raid to get the best gear?

no one.

If you enjoy raiding, then raid.

I am not sure why the raid community feels entitled to the best gear becuase they raid.

Why do the hard mode and nightmare mode raids?

Because they are fun and entertaining to do in their own right.

I think its fun to go kill lvl 1 mobs on hutta.

How come I dont get the best loot in the game for doing this?! I DEMAND FUN LOOT EQUALITY! :mon_rolleyes:

Do not be surprised if you see people who raid quit over this because *** is the point in raiding if your not making yourself better via gear over someone who does not. Solo/casual people are out of touch with logic.

What's the whole point of investing time in solo content if you don't get good gear? I mean, you invest more time to get the item, why should someone who spends 1 hour on a raid get better stuff? Why should 8 hours total of people's time be worth more than, well, say 12 of mine? People who raid are so out of touch with logic.

That's an argument one could just as easily make.

The reality is that, generally, PITA and reward need to be balanced. It is a bigger pain to find and coordinate 4, 8, or 16 people than it is to solo something. Furthermore, devs tend to want to encourage social things, as the bonds we form keep us suckers playing after we'd otherwise have quit. So group stuff tends to reward items either with less time invested or items not attainable solo.

But, well, there's still a balance point. For example, if it takes a year of doing dailies to get the item, is that is okay? Think most of us would say that is just way too much effort to get an item. How about 6 months? 2 months? 1 month? There's some point where the balance lies.

That said, if this daily crap provides better rewards than HM FPs, they need to go back to the drawing board, unless said daily rewards are earned by doing those FPs.

Edited by Battilea

I run raids because there a blast! I love being in vent and cordinating the fights and such and also flashpoints are a blast

Loot is just a bonus to me

If I can gear up through dailys incase I get shafted in raids thats awesome

If I had full gear and it couldn't get any better, you better believe I would be doing as many raids and flashpoints as possible anyway

you can buy whole "black hole" set for black hole comendations. This set doesnt have any set bonuses. Same vendor also sells "campaign" gear for gear tokens (like rakata right now), but that gear doesnt have any stats atm.

I tried to ask on the fleet but noone responded (4 in the morning in US, and there's no EU PTS). I believe black hole will be something that allowes slower/solo players to catch up with the gear, and real T2 gear with set bonuses isn't in the game yet.

Edited by rkopczak

Ppl is confused, until we get a confirmation on further ways to acquire them:

Black Hole Commendations ONLY drop from KP Nightmare Mode

Which makes sense, as initially Nightmare mode will not be present on the new Operation. Ppl doing NMs on KP should get some gear (I don't know the cost... But I would be surprised if you could get a single new T2 piece doing KP NM sooner than 4-5 weeks).

It's just a small reward to keep the sense of progression for ppl that has reached the top difficulty on the game, so ppl missing some Rakata (The entry level for T2 OPs) can keep on going to NM KP while doing the 1st attempts on T2 OP... It's basically to not break the gear progression chain on OPs.

That's why, I repeat, some ppl is automatically assuming that because of a new batch of daily quests is offered on Corellia, on the Black Hole zone they will suddenly start rewarding Black Hole commendations instead of the regular daily commendations. This is what requires confirmation instead of speculation.

If you now realize that HM FP locks are removed, it simply makes no sense that BW allows "casuals" to skip Columi/Rakata level... BW added a new HM FP... They want ppl to gear faster to the new Tier, and that's precissely what they are doing... You can do as much HM FP as you like.

But I repeat, some ppl is just reading instead of testing... Let testers show light on this to see if some1 at BW lost their mind and also want to turn PvE into a pointless loot piñata as PvP is or...

...They just want to be sure ppl doing Nightmare OPs ATM have a slightly easier time jumping into T2 HM OPs.

Edited by ragamer