Where is Denova/Explosive conflict?

Sentinel-Jordal

Okay I know this is a blooody dump question but where do get/enter

Explosive conflict/Denova? Pretty tired about SM EV/KP now and sinced I have gotten

full Columi and a Black Hole piece I thought I should try EC, but as I say i cant find it...

Thanks for any help :)

First...it's one of those questions that, if you have to ask - you shouldn't be in there.

Second, your full Columi is probably not going to cut it for most groups (you may luck out and find a group to carry you) You should be more than half (if not full) Rakata for SM EC.

Regardless, you will find EC on the Ziost Shadow. If you are sick of SM EV/KP......ya might wanna try HM EV/KP first - get yourself some more gear before. The gear drops are based on progression - and your skipping a step - never ends well. A group is most likely gonna gear check you...and just end up punting you out of their group, once they see your under geared. Wipes are expensive...and you need everyone in the op to be hold their own...

Edited by DarkkChaos

Ziost Shadow for Empire, Gav Daragon for Republic.

You can sorta sidestep the Rakata requirement by piling up Black Hole commendations and getting BH gear, which is supposedly a bit superior to Rakata. But doing HM EV and KP first is probably a good idea anyway.

Ziost Shadow for Empire, Gav Daragon for Republic.

You can sorta sidestep the Rakata requirement by piling up Black Hole commendations and getting BH gear, which is supposedly a bit superior to Rakata. But doing HM EV and KP first is probably a good idea anyway.

Apologies - forget to consider Pub side ;)

Agreed - with BH comms, it's a grind...but you can sidestep Rakata. Or, if you have the cr's....buy endgame mods :)

You should do Hard or Nightmare mode EV and KP first. Nightmare mode KP is about the same difficulty as SM EC. EC requires more coordination than EV or KP and it ends up being harder, especially for a pickup group. The gear requirements for EC storymode are also MUCH higher than either EV or KP.

General difficulty progression of the operations is a bit debatable but goes roughly:

SM EV -> SM KP/HM EV -> HM KP -> NM KP/SM EC -> HM EC

You should do Hard or Nightmare mode EV and KP first. Nightmare mode KP is about the same difficulty as SM EC. EC requires more coordination than EV or KP and it ends up being harder, especially for a pickup group. The gear requirements for EC storymode are also MUCH higher than either EV or KP.

General difficulty progression of the operations is a bit debatable but goes roughly:

SM EV -> SM KP/HM EV -> HM KP -> NM KP/SM EC -> HM EC

I didn't find this to be the case personally.

EC is more of a mechanics check than a gear check. Our group was able to clear SM EC before NM KP.

I didn't find this to be the case personally.

EC is more of a mechanics check than a gear check. Our group was able to clear SM EC before NM KP.

That's why I mentioned it was debatable. Depending on your and your teams skill and makeup, you may have more trouble with some encounters and not others.

At any rate, you shouldn't jump from SM EV/KP into SM EC. ...And the ranking put NM KP and SM EC at about the same difficulty.

Edited by Infalliable

First...it's one of those questions that, if you have to ask - you shouldn't be in there.

Second, your full Columi is probably not going to cut it for most groups (you may luck out and find a group to carry you) You should be more than half (if not full) Rakata for SM EC.

Regardless, you will find EC on the Ziost Shadow. If you are sick of SM EV/KP......ya might wanna try HM EV/KP first - get yourself some more gear before. The gear drops are based on progression - and your skipping a step - never ends well. A group is most likely ona gear check you...and just end up punting you out of their group, once they see your under geared. Wipes are expensive...and you need everyone in the op to be hold their own...

Know I shouldn't be here if I U have to ask questions like this but since SWTOR doesn't comes with a "Quest locations for dummies" installed and I had looked forever after EC I had to ask for it somewhere...

Know reading all the responses I think that I will do HM EV/KP.and farm BH commendations to I get sick of it before doing EC SM.

I don't want to trouble and dead weight for any group, learned that pretty hard when I tried to do HM Battle of Illum as a fresh lvl 50. I became a punching ball for the enemy. A hard way to learn a lesson, but a effective one...

Anyway thanks for answer and advices :)

Edited by Sentinel-Jordal

Know I shouldn't be here if I U have to ask questions like this but since SWTOR doesn't comes with a "Quest locations for dummies" installed and I had looked forever after EC I had to ask for it somewhere...

Know reading all the responses I think that I will do HM EV/KP.and farm BH commendations to I get sick of it before doing EC SM.

I don't want to trouble and dead weight for any group, learned that pretty hard when I tried to do HM Battle of Illum as a fresh lvl 50. I became a punching ball for the enemy. A hard way to learn a lesson, but a effective one...

Anyway thanks for answer and advices :)

Yea, Sents have a way of stealing agro. Seem to think they are tanks or something. :rolleyes:

We've found melee dps to be somewhat at a disadvantage in EC compared to gunslingers because you have to be in there close and personal with the bosses, and Zorn and Toth REALLY like to give melee dps a thorough beating.

If you're on Jedi Covenant, look me up. We do HM EV/KP every week for new members and alts to gear up.

We'll teach you the ropes.

Yea, Sents have a way of stealing agro. Seem to think they are tanks or something. :rolleyes:

We've found melee dps to be somewhat at a disadvantage in EC compared to gunslingers because you have to be in there close and personal with the bosses, and Zorn and Toth REALLY like to give melee dps a thorough beating.

If you're on Jedi Covenant, look me up. We do HM EV/KP every week for new members and alts to gear up.

We'll teach you the ropes.

Damn, I'm on The Red Eclipse would really loved to do HM EV/KP with you...

Well back to farming BH comms and HM EV/KP with my guild...

Thanks for the information about the bosses think I should study this Ops a lot before I try it.

Anyway I just must clarify I now that my sent isn't a tank, I have very painfully learned that in EV/KP and some HM FP.

Edited by Sentinel-Jordal

Damn, I'm on The Red Eclipse would really loved to do HM EV/KP with you...

Well back to farming BH comms and HM EV/KP with my guild...

Thanks for the information about the bosses think I should study this Ops a lot before I try it.

Anyway I just must clarify I now that my sent isn't a tank, I have very painfully learned that in EV/KP and some HM FP.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Sents have no taunts, so if you steal agro, it's either too much dps or the tank not getting taunts off like he should. There are scruffy, newbish tanks and healers as well. :rolleyes:

Just remember when you meet them that you were there once too, and try to be patient.

If you do a search, you should be able to find video guides of every boss fight in the game. They aren't always 100% accurate, but it will give you a good frame of reference for the real thing.

Edited by JacksonMo

Don't be too hard on yourself. Sents have no taunts, so if you steal agro, it's either too much dps or the tank not getting taunts off like he should. There are scruffy, newbish tanks and healers as well. :rolleyes:

Just remember when you meet them that you were there once too, and try to be patient.

If you do a search, you should be able to find video guides of every boss fight in the game. They aren't always 100% accurate, but it will give you a good frame of reference for the real thing.

Thats so true. You can feel it as once if a tank/healer new to lvl 50 gameplay. If everyone did as you say and just be patient which each other and remember that we where noobs once too this game would be so much more fun :) (not that I have met many naughty people in game. after a lot of EV/KP and HM FP I think I just have met 2-3 naughty people :) ). The Yotube videos is always a good help to learn strategy in ops and HM FP without doing something stupid in game and piss a lot of people off to learn strategy :)