PvP build - The Energizer

Vostromo

Been looking at this fun build for pvp. Called it the Energizer as a number of talents trigger other things.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fcf17e5fefe3f4e2fef2e4f2ef5e2f2e

Basically, you brawl then kite your foe letting 3 dots wear them down. Combustion is the cylinder of choice.

strengths: good cc, mobile, dots

weaknesses: low burst (although rail shot will hit hard and often)

IMO, if youre going Pyrotech and not going all the way for thermal detonator... you're doing it wrong. It's like you're trying to be melee (with retractable blade) and stack DoTs (RB + Incendiary Rocket)

I just made this off the top of my head, but consider this template if you're going for pyrotech DPS:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fef11ef8ef12ef3e6fef2e6fe:

As for not taking Proto Cylinders... the way I see it, it comes down to a choice of 2% fire dmg or 3% tech crit... I'll take the fire damage since you are going PYROTECH and 3% crit will be very trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Your railshot is going to destroy people when it lands thanks to all the armor piercing ability and damage increases.

I reccomend this rotation: Incendiary Missile + Thermal Det + Railshot + Rocket punch (if in range) + Flameburstflameburstflameburst

everything else is situational

Pros: Stronger fire damage, good burst dmg thanks to thermal det, crits hit for egregious amounts of damage, and you'll have the hardest hitting railshot

Cons: Purely DPS spec IE no stun CD/dmg decrease, no Adv Cylinders

lol.

Edited by BlazingShadow

Thermal isnt really what kills it for me. Really, you can still use explosive dart without losing much dmg (actually ED will do more depending on # of targets). But losing 30% crit dmg and 9% crit on your most used abilities makes me shy away from this hybrid. Theres alot of great melee and anti kiting tools in AP for sure. Still worth trying IMO.

I would probably drop the two points from Prototype Electric Surge and put them in Hitman. getting your interrupt down to only 6 seconds is incredibly in PvP, much more useful than just reducing your stun from 60 seconds to 50 seconds.

Other than that, I plan to try out this spec in end game PvP. It's got good mobility and it looks like it should be doing fairly decent damage. Plus there's a lot of synergy between the two trees.

The problem i have with the Thermal detonator build is that it's obvious. Obviously, there is nothing at all wrong with it but there is going to be a awful lot of TD Pyrotech's running around.

The energizer comes at them from a different way plus it's just nice to see a hybrid that might actually work. :cool:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010MZrsrMobcoZfhbbdh.1

this spec was floated around a lot in the beta forums and i think it got dubbed as a scorpion spec by most

it is actually viable because of all the extra rail shot procs it more than makes up for the lack of thermal det

Interesting build.... I'd probably drop the 2 points in Power Armour and put them in Pneumatic boots for the speed increase.