What really bothers me

RayStar

Hello everybody,

I'm one the people waiting their turn in the line for early access. I don't want to judge or discuss BioWare decision to manage the start of the game, it's their platform, they are contractually sound and they want to play it safe.

What bothers me is that they are playing it safe with an influx of subscribers of which they know pretty much everything they need to make a plan: size, location (hence game time) and even possible server allocation due to guild affiliation.

The plan they are making will slowly fill the servers to make sure that there are no hiccup/queue/crashes this first days of early access....but my question is:

What will happen on the 20th when an unknown number of subscriber will hit the gates?

Won't they risk to have the same kind of issues they are trying to prevent during early access? This considerations lead me to the following:

a) they are a lot less secure about their capacity to keep up with the load and are still measuring the response of their servers

b) they are trying to prevent bad advertisement from people getting burned by server not working at early access causing lower sales at launch.

I don't blame them but their strategy is not solving anything in my opinion.