How have you deconstructed?

Ciry

Just curious what other peoples worst count is for deconstructions to learn an augment schematic. My current worst case is 45 and counting for the accuracy augment. Edited by Ciry
title typo

Who doesn't enjoy a system where a player has zero agency and the ability to learn a schematic has nothing to do with the amount of effort put into crafting, but rather just dumb luck?

The old RE chances were not that bad - might have a player take two attempts and another five or six.

But the current system (one where the materials costs have gone up several orders of magnitude as well) where one player might take two attempts and another forty plus is just a giant middle finger to players wanting to craft.

Edited by DawnAskham

Personally I have deconstructed literally two RE'able things, and learned one schematic. Broadly speaking, after my PTS experiments, I have a policy of not throwing materials down the toilet pursuing this path in 6.0. Early in the expanion's first days, however, I made two blue synthweaving augments (one crit, one redoubt) to see if they would sell for a price in line with what the materials would sell for. They didn't. Relisted a few times a bit lower. Still didn't sell. On a whim, I then deconstructed them both. Nothing from the crit augment... but learned purple redoubt on the first try. :eek: So basically I was ridiculously lucky... except that no one actually wants redoubt augments, since tanks don't need more defense than they already have, so I really shouldn't have crafted it in the first place (and I kinda knew that, but thought trying it out with just one wasn't too expensive an experiment). Have offered to craft purple redoubt augment for guildies if any want it, and unsurprisingly have had zero uptake. :D Edited by Estelindis

I'm going to voice an unpopular opinion....

I'm completely fine with the low chance of Reverse Engineering. Yes, seriously.

I know it can suck, and for every person that lucks out on their first try is another that that blows through 100 pieces and still can't get it....

What makes it unreasonable (and what I am NOT OK with) are the absurd costs involved, even with increased drop amounts, requirements are entirely out of proportion, both in source, and in quantity. each step up should be twice as hard, not a power of 2 harder (as an example).... but whoever designed this either doesn't understand geometric progression, or is just malicious beyond any reason.

I’ve deconstructed 43 blue augments now trying for purples and still no luck. This system is seriously broken if somebody can get it off of 3 and others from 50....I wondr what kind of re*^%d thought if this one...

Personally I have deconstructed literally two RE'able things, and learned one schematic. Broadly speaking, after my PTS experiments, I have a policy of not throwing materials down the toilet pursuing this path in 6.0. Early in the expanion's first days, however, I made two blue synthweaving augments (one crit, one redoubt) to see if they would sell for a price in line with what the materials would sell for. They didn't. Relisted a few times a bit lower. Still didn't sell. On a whim, I then deconstructed them both. Nothing from the crit augment... but learned purple redoubt on the first try. :eek: So basically I was ridiculously lucky... except that no one actually wants redoubt augments, since tanks don't need more defense than they already have, so I really shouldn't have crafted it in the first place (and I kinda knew that, but thought trying it out with just one wasn't too expensive an experiment). Have offered to craft purple redoubt augment for guildies if any want it, and unsurprisingly have had zero uptake. :D

I use 2-3 redoubts on dps/heal builds. It helps, especially in pvp.

Got 1 orange receipe from 1st try. 2nd receipe doing around 40 and 3rd cannot get after 3 days of farm yet....I guess it is above 60 tries already.

Edited by alexzk