Scrapper vs. Ruffian

-ThEoNe-

Hey all,

Long time player, just have never really invested much time into Smuggler let alone scoundrel. Have on and off played heals as time has gone on but never really looked or kept up with much of the DPS trees and the changes that have gone on.

From the looks of it and from my understanding, Ruffian is more geared towards DoT/AoE/more utility maybe(?) while Scrapper is geared much more towards burst. I play a little bit of everything, non-ranked PvP, raids, FPs, Etc and while I'm not looking for a build thats good for it all I would be fine with a better build towards PvP that could also be viable in raids as a secondary. If not, any builds that are preferred for PvP while another that is geared more towards raids? Thanks all!

You're right, Scrapper is burst and Ruffian is dot spec. To say either is the absolute for pve or pvp is not really true.

Nominally, Ruffian is the preferred for raids. Parses top 3 most damage out of all classes, and can even offheal in a pinch. However, to say that it doesn't work in pvp is just plain silly. Does fantastic in regs and ranked. Easy to spread the DOTS love because the AOE dot spread is so easy to do.

The burst from Scrapper is disgusting now. And since there are so many good tacticals for Scrappers, they even parse well in raids. Plus, so easy to play...

I believe Scoundrel is the broken class of 6.0. Assassins get the bad rap, but I think Scoundrel/Operative are the current kings of the meta.