Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers and Marauders shouldn't do more damage as it stands and here is why (PVE)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Snipers and Marauders shouldn't do more damage as it stands and here is why (PVE)

Niko_Storm
09.10.2013 , 08:56 AM | #51
Well the main thing about Marauder and sniper is to deal damage. They do not have other trees like tanking or healing to go. So lowering their damage in pve is just a ridiculous thing to do. On other hand you can pick any damage dealing class (except assassin/shadow) and with proper gear you'll be accepted in any PVE operation

ArchangelLBC
09.10.2013 , 03:13 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Niko_Storm View Post
Well the main thing about Marauder and sniper is to deal damage. They do not have other trees like tanking or healing to go. So lowering their damage in pve is just a ridiculous thing to do. On other hand you can pick any damage dealing class (except assassin/shadow) and with proper gear you'll be accepted in any PVE operation
Please read the rest of this thread for why the "other trees" is a ridiculous argument.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ekimmak
09.10.2013 , 11:28 PM | #53
As far as I can tell, Bloodthirst has been nerfed hard so that it WASN'T such a must need for raids. I don't have proof, but I feel like it used to give a much better benefit than 5%.

So you've already gotten what you wanted, OP. Will the devs need to rip the skills out of the game to make you happy? They already took out the heavy damage stun skills for you, and they weren't hurting anybody.

I suppose next you'll insist that dual wielding be removed, because offhand damage is SO much of an advantage. And Snipers should be forced to use blaster rifles, to keep the class mirrors in balance.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

ArchangelLBC
09.12.2013 , 01:50 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
As far as I can tell, Bloodthirst has been nerfed hard so that it WASN'T such a must need for raids. I don't have proof, but I feel like it used to give a much better benefit than 5%.

So you've already gotten what you wanted, OP. Will the devs need to rip the skills out of the game to make you happy? They already took out the heavy damage stun skills for you, and they weren't hurting anybody.

I suppose next you'll insist that dual wielding be removed, because offhand damage is SO much of an advantage. And Snipers should be forced to use blaster rifles, to keep the class mirrors in balance.
What is this, I don't even...
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd