Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

TaitWatson

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could just mean 2.8 is postponed to that date.

Very true, I meant to include that in my original post. But I am hoping that since the 24th will be early access for subs, that 2.8 will still be on the 10th (being their biggest update) and then we get access to part of the expansion (the page does say not all features will launch with early access)

Did you notice on the additional information pages, they are talking about credit value of features, as opposed to Cartel Coin value? That's interesting.

Guild Ships. Even if it's stationary for now, that is awesome! Imma buy my guild one.

Edited by DarthTHC

You really should check out the Strongholds page.

1) Crafters are getting some love and will be able to make furniture for Strongholds.

2) You'll get stuff to put into the Stronghold based on your in-game accomplishments.

3) On OTHER planets other than DK/Coruscant.

4) GUILD SHIPS!

5) Hundreds of unique things to put into the Stronghold.

6) **** Legacy Stronghold Storage – Unlock access to a new type of storage that is shared across your entire Legacy!

7) Gain Prestige – Increase your character’s “Prestige Score” each time you add a decoration to your Stronghold – earn top ranking on the public Stronghold Directory and make a name for yourself among the galaxy’s elite.

I never expected 'any' of this from Housing.

Well done, well done indeed.

Based off what has been announced so far this is so freaking fantastic! I am blown away by all of this. I suspected player housing would be the focus of the digital expansion(GSF one not Makeb one), but to think they also had legacy banks, guild ships and found a way to integrate player housing into the rest of the game as well via trophies and rep rewards is out-freaking-standing! I am more excited than ever!

Did you notice on the additional information pages, they are talking about credit value of features, as opposed to Cartel Coin value? That's interesting.

Guild Ships. Even if it's stationary for now, that is awesome! Imma buy my guild one.

Yup, I was happy to see that a lot of decorations are going to be looted, crafted, earned, or purchased (with credits). I don't think anyone was questioning the eventuality of decorations on the cartel market, but I'm happy to see that they're giving plenty of options in how to gain said decorations.

Also, same on the guild ship. If we don't have enough credits already to purchase the guild ship I'll probably be covering the costs myself.

Edited by MillionsKNives

• Dev Post
Woo!

So if Subscribers are getting early access on June 24th can we assume that this will not be the focus of 2.8?

2.8 was originally said to come on June 10th and "is going to be the biggest update up to this point"

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20140203

Good catch Ninjonxb,

Subscriber Early Access to Galactic Strongholds is coming as a part of 2.8. As you can see the decision has been made to move the 2.8 date out two weeks from its original target. We wanted some more time to work on that sweet, sweet player stronghold content.

-eric

Good catch Ninjonxb,

Subscriber Early Access to Galactic Strongholds is coming as a part of 2.8. As you can see the decision has been made to move the 2.8 date out two weeks from its original target. We wanted some more time to work on that sweet, sweet player stronghold content.

-eric

I can handle waiting a few more weeks.

Any other tidbits you can share with us?

Guild capital ships? Legacy bank? Too technically difficult, my ewok! :D This looks fantastic! :D Is it me, or does the inclusion of the Trooper stuff maybe mean we might be able to replay our class stories?

I noticed that too. It would be amazing if we got to re-view our old cutscenes as 'memories' invoked by clicking trophies in our Stronghold.